EAT > Breast Feeding

Help with BF and EASY

<< < (2/4) > >>

Katet:
I think it's more the day night ratio that works for you. Some people do 12/12. My boys tended to do 13 day/11 night as that worked for family time/work daycare hours.

JennVanessa1083:
Ok 12/12 sounds good to me. Would I instill a catnap to preserve a “bedtime?”

JennVanessa1083:
So the last few days DD has been waking after only 30-45 minutes. Sometimes she will drift back asleep then there are times we resettle with AP but sometimes she doesn’t go back down.

What does this mean for a 10week old (6weeks adjusted)?

Her first A time is about 30 minutes and then she naps for about 2 hours. After that she ranges from 30-1hr. But last few days it’s been a roll of the dice. She will fight sleep then go down at 1.25-1.5 but wakes up short napping. I have been trying to go by sleepy cues but maybe I’m missing the window? Maybe I should stick to an A of 45 minutes to see?

*Ali*:
A time for a 10wo is probably over an hour so I'd try putting her down a bit later.  She's probably not ready for sleep at 1hr and is then fighting it and getting overtired by 1.5hrs.

Does she get out and about during the day.  That can help too.

JennVanessa1083:
Sometimes but it’s cold here and we have been battling colds.

Also I have read that I go by adjusted age when figuring out A times. Is over an hour still appropriate for an adjusted age of 6 weeks?

Today she went to sleep at A45 for her first nap and only slept for 57 minutes. Does that mean UT?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version