ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

EASY at 2 months, but should jump to 4hours at 4 months?

(1/3) > >>

Sofia October:
Hi mamas and papas,

I have a 4 month old girl, who started having some problems with her night sleep right when she hit 4 month mark :(

BF only, +1 oatmeal cereal mixed with BM.

She was on the EASY at 2 months, and started sleeping through the night at 3months with only 1 - 2 feedings.

Our EASY:
wake up - 7am
E - 7am (3oz milk, she wont take more...)
A
S 8:30-10am
E - 10am (5oz milk)
A
S 12-2pm (might be 30min, might be 2 hours)
E - 2pm (5oz milk)
A
S 4:14pm or 4:30 - 5pm (she really wants to sleep full hour here, but we wake her up, so she can get more sleep at night)
E 5pm (5oz milk)
E 6pm (2tbsp oatmeal cereal mixed with milk)
A bath
E 7pm (4-5oz milk)
S 7pm

She has been doing great and waking up to eat at 12-1am (5oz milk) and going back to sleep till 6:30-7am. But last week she started taking 2 hour nap in the morning and sleeping till 10:30am. The rest of the day still looks the same. She also started waking up at 4am and just talks to herself for good 30min :) but then is having hard time going back to sleep...And goes back to sleep then wakes up every 5-20min. Then at 6:30am I get her so she can eat.
I really need help here as I also have a toddler and getting only 2-3hrs/sleep for me requires either having coffee instead of blood or going insane. Should I push for 4 hour day? Or adjust her night feeding? Maybe dreamfeed?

Thank you all!

Katet:
For a 4mo, I think her first nap is too early and it’s robbing sleep from the night. I’d push it out to 9am at the earliest and see if that helps.

Sofia October:
Thanks for your reply Katet,

But do you think it will make her 1st name only 1 hour, thats not too short for a 4month old? She have done it couple times and on some days she would sleep till 10:30am... Should I still wake her up at 10am if she goes down at 9am?

Sofia October:
Wanted to post an update on the last couple of days. We pushed our 1st nap to 9am, and she has been sleeping till 10am-10:30am every time. Afternoon naps didnt change at all. But she still wakes up at 4am every night... :( She talks to herself for 10-20min then starts whining and we give her a pacifier, but she holds it for 2-3min and starts soft crying again... This goes on and on till around 6am, when she falls back to sleep and wakes up around 7am to eat.

Any other advice? Should I move that 1am feeding or remove it? Let her cry it out?

Thank you

Katet:
Please don't let her cry it out. She won't understand why you don't respond and all it does is show a baby their needs aren't important and they have broken trust.
I wonder if it's not 4mo growth spurt and the 4am wake up is hunger
It's still pretty normal to have 2 night feeds and the fact she's not resetting says hunger to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version