Author Topic: Help with BF and EASY  (Read 8980 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Help with BF and EASY
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 16:34:41 pm »
Hi I’m experiencing a sick overtired baby...can anyone help?

Her naps have dwindled to 20-45 minutes. She’s 11 weeks but born a month preterm so have no idea how to deal with this. A times have ranged from 45-1:25 ( which by then is overtired). She’s fighting sleep and cranky. I’m desperate bc I have a 3 year old that also needs my attention.

I was thinking of starting night training with shh pat but it feels like I might not be able to bc she’s still very congested despite our best efforts to help her. It’s just starting to get warmer here and my son keeps bringing home new colds from school.

Help!!
Jennifer xx

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 21:57:56 pm »
Does she sleep in the car, sling or buggy so you can get out with your son?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 23:09:12 pm »
When they are sick the best thing you can do is APOP. Honestly even when well and under a year old   the benefits from cuddling to sleep or wearing in a sling for sleeping can outweigh the benefits of a 'good routine' especially when they are sick. In babies when they are sick often the best 'medicine' can be skin to skin contact
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 13:12:26 pm »
Hi! Thank you! She’s getting over her cold and now going through a developmental leap haha!

Usually she takes two of her naps in the stroller on days when my son has preschool. She also sleeps great in the wrap. Bassinet is a toss up but I’m trying not to stress too much about it. Still trying to figure her out in terms of wake times and sleep cues.

She’s only 12 weeks and still does A times of about 1-1.25 hours; anything over and she cries.

I’m actually dealing with a breast infection (abscess) so I’m not even thinking about IS right now. Trying to take care of myself first.
Jennifer xx