Author Topic: 13 month old sleep issues  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Georgena

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
13 month old sleep issues
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:33:34 am »
Hi everyone, I need some advice please!!
I have a 13month old DD who has never slept too well at night, but lately it’s gotten worse, I think she’s OT as at night she’s waking a lot, it tends to always be during the first half of the night which is why I think she’s OT, the thing is she will still guzzle a full bottle of milk, usually she then goes straight back to sleep but lately she’s fighting it.
She’s on one nap a day, she handles her A time really well but I think I should re-introduce her catnap, here’s her EASY routine

Wake up @ 7/730am
S 12-2:30
Bedtime 7:30 (ish)
I’ve been trying to get her down earlier but she’s fighting it, also I have a 6yr old and it’s been impossible to get DD down any earlier, with dinner and bath for the 2 of them that’s the earliest I can manage, I know on 1 nap she should probably be in bed earlier 😔 also she seems hungry at night, I’m happy to feed her if she goes straight back down, usually after about 1/2pm she goes straight through till wake up time.

For naps she goes down awake, bedtime she needs some cuddles to get sleepy and usually some back rubbing in the cot, I don’t feed to sleep at BT.
Any advice would be great, I’d love to slowly drop the night feed and have her sleeping through, but with the most gentle approach possible , thanks everyone
Signed
A very tired mummy!!!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 13 month old sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 07:24:27 am »
Hi how are things now?
Zoe