Author Topic: Wake to feed or let sleep? 14 weeks  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Wake to feed or let sleep? 14 weeks
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:17:51 am »
My LO is 14 weeks. I have her on a 3 hour easy. Her a-times have extended to about 1h 40min which means if I let her sleep for 2 hours her next feed will be too late (3,5h). Not sure which is the best thing to do, do I wake her?  Maybe she doesn't need a 2 hour nap? Or do I let her sleep, will she for sure wake up when she's hungry? When she wakes early from a nap she's really hungry even if it's only 2,5 hours since her last feed. She's gaining weight fine but she's not a big baby and this is new and I don't want her to not get enough. Any thoughts?

Offline ZanesOTmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Wake to feed or let sleep? 14 weeks
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 12:14:03 pm »
I would honestly let her sleep to 2hrs. She would wake if she’s hungry. And hopefully will have a bigger feed after a good nap.

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 13:37:14 pm »
Ok, thanks for your reply! 🙂
That's what I have been doing but then she gets really upset when I wake her beacause she is so hungry so I thought maybe I left it to long. I'll just keep it up and trust she'll wake if she's really hungry!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 04:39:34 am »
Don't wake her, by 14 weeks 3.5 hours is ok as long as she's gaining weight and getting plenty of wet and dirty nappies. At the same time she may also may want to feed at a mix between 2.5  and 3.5 hours as it's not an exact science so it's better to work with their lead rather than worry about the clock.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 05:39:59 am »
That's what I've been doing, sometimes it's 2 hours and sometimes 3,45 so it varies quite a lot! I didn't want it to effect her nighttime feeds so she woke up more frequently but she's been pretty consistent with 3 hours in the night.