Author Topic: Nearly 2yo frequent NW  (Read 1706 times)

Offline mulvia

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Nearly 2yo frequent NW
« on: May 28, 2019, 21:17:17 pm »
Hello!! DS2 is nearly 2 and only sttn a handful of times. He was really good at self-settling as a baby, and only woke up to feed during the night. I stopped BF him around 13 months, but he never stopped waking up every 2 to 3 hours every night. We got rid of his paci around 15 mo, but that also didn't change anything. He shares a room with his older brother (nearly 4), so he falls asleep to a story or a song while we're still in the room.
At this stage, when he wakes he wants (and sometimes full-on demands) a cuddle from mummy, I take him bak to his bed and he goes back to sleep fairly quickly, just to repeat again a couple of hours later.  :'(
I'm trying to not pick him up as much when he comes in, but take his hands and lead him to the bed instead (as he seems to be looking specifically to be picked up and cuddled), but I'm not sure 'denying' cuddles is the right way to go either.
Whether he has little or lots of time with me during the day doesn't seem to make a difference. He is definitely more whingy and clingy when I'm around, super relaxed when I'm away...hurray.
I know it's probably a phase, I'm just wondering if there's anything I could try to assist progression in the right direction..usually deciding to write on the forum seems to be the moment when everything improves anyway  ;D
Thank you!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Nearly 2yo frequent NW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 02:15:25 am »
From experience that was a phase in our house. I found that for a few months it was easier to have a 'camp spot' on our floor and let my son come in and sleep on the floor. I had an old quilt on the floor and a cushion and a blanket... It wasn't a comfortable spot, but not hard floor. Ds2 would come in hop under the blanket and go to sleep, it got to the point I only registered he was there when I woke in the morning. He stopped coming in after a while.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05