Author Topic: Stopped napping, very OT plus how to move her day  (Read 2279 times)

Offline AWAW

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Stopped napping, very OT plus how to move her day
« on: June 11, 2019, 23:05:58 pm »
Hi everyone my daughter almost dropped her nap now( for 2 months she napped once every 2 weeks but now it’s been 3 weeks and she won’t nap and is very OT). So I’m wondering how can I help her catch up on sleep with out a nap. I tried EBT which worked at first but now she just wakes up at 5 AM.

Also a while back someone on here recommend a different way of moving LO days forward because moving it by little increments doesn’t work. Could someone remind me please.

My other question is how do you do it the other way around (how do you move Lo’s day earlier if by small increments doesn’t work for her)

TIA!

Offline AWAW

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Stopped napping, very OT plus how to move her day
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 03:16:14 am »
Hi we are still struggling  :'(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:23:05 am »
Hi
How old is your LO?
Zoe

Offline AWAW

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 04:41:16 am »
Hi please don’t laugh but she is 6. She napped consistently up until this April and she still doesn’t do goo with OT and only can catch up through nap.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 13:25:36 pm »
I think at that age you prob need to just push through with no day sleep it is quite old fir needing a nap.
Zoe

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 21:55:14 pm »
At that age an occasional early bedtime is the best, rather than moving it all earlier for multiple nights.

11 hours would be about normal at 6yo, but I had a friend whose children did closer to 13.

I'd definitely get her to bed at a point 11 hours from when you need wakeup and work from there. Maybe every few nights you need an earlier night, but  consistency is the key.

Also if she's always super tired it would be worth getting her checked out. A boy near us (6 at the time)  had sleep apnea and while he slept 12+ hours he was always super tired, until they sorted that out and he was a different child.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline AWAW

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 03:25:47 am »
Thanks ladies. She only does 10/10.5hrs at most at night always. She’s probably only done a handful of 11 hr nights since I remember.

She’s been to multiple doctors as I always mention that she is a bad sleeper but she always came back with a clean bill of health. But I’ll mention sleep apnea next time we see her dr.

How early would you suggest to do an occasional EBT? 15m? 30m? Yesterday she fell asleep at her usual time BT (8:50 PM) this morning she woke up super early (5:45 AM) which made her night only 8hrs50m long. Her usual wake up is between 7-7:30 AM.

And how would you suggest moving her day earlier if in small increments doesn’t work for her?
And thanks for the advice I’ll push through it then.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:56:07 am by AWAW »