Author Topic: Baby starting to fight 3rd night of PU/PD?  (Read 3600 times)

Offline mama2luvbug

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Baby starting to fight 3rd night of PU/PD?
« on: June 17, 2019, 21:07:55 pm »
Hi, new ftm here! I have been dealing with wake ups every hr or less as a result of the 4mo regression for the past 7 weeks. I started doing pick up put down 3 nights ago (not yet for naps as I need to recharge in mornings from his nightly partying!) and on first night it took 80 PUPD over 2hrs to get him to fall asleep on his own. I was traumatized so I didn't follow through with rest of the wakings. I tried again on the 2nd night and it took 8 PUPD and just 30 mins. Each waking after that was easy requiring no more than 10 to 15 mins max. Sometime I could even shush pat to sleep. 3rd night also started off well with only needing 25mins and 7 PUPD, subsequebt wakings also required very little intervention. But then he woke upat 2am and all went south. I picked him up a few times but couldn't settle him and he winged every time I stopped shush patting. Then it hit me that he found his new sleepclutch. It too over an hour before he was down, but he woke 20 mins later requiring another half hour of shush pat and PUPD. I almost gave up when he woke at 5am but I stuck with it took 10 mins of shush patting to help him self soothe.

What can I do to help him wean off shush pats? I have been trying to move to touch but not sure how I can transition to no assistance after that. Did the failure at 2am mean that this isn't working? Orshould I give him more time to work things out inbetween PUPD even if he cries before I shush pat?

Thanks from one very tired Mummy

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Baby starting to fight 3rd night of PU/PD?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 21:10:23 pm »
Are you still feeding at some wake ups? Some night feeds will still be needed at this age so he's probably hungry.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline mama2luvbug

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby starting to fight 3rd night of PU/PD?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 22:12:50 pm »
Yes! I feed him every 2 to 3 hours but he wakes up every 45mins to 1.5hrs