Author Topic: 5 mo old not taking last nap!  (Read 9943 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: 5 mo old not taking last nap!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2019, 10:24:07 am »
Haha Yes I looked it up and will probably start weaning soon

Well I think I had a weird night bc of too much day sleep. I let her nap a lot  (5 hours total) and had a night with a long NW and an EW smh. I thought a good catch up day from a funky weekend but definitely went overboard lol

Trying again today with around 2hrs A for the first nap.

Thank you so much for the support! It’s so helpful to bounce things off of someone!
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2019, 14:07:16 pm »
ouch, that doesn't sound fun..it's so hard to get it right sometimes, I wish mine came with instructions! DD2s day sleep is all over the place right now, but she just started to resist her last nap again today so I will try to increase her a tomorrow, fingers crossed that's what it is..🙄

I was given the advice to keep the same a for at least 3 days and not change around to much. It worked for us with DD1. Try it for a few days and see where you are then, maybe she needs even more a to get it right.. 🙂

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2019, 14:08:22 pm »
 Forgot to say, no problem! Just hope It'll help! 🙂🙂🙂

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 14:01:42 pm »
Morning!

So I have been doing 2A consistently in the am and have gotten at most an hour and 1:20 nap. Today she only slept for 15 minutes then woke up happy. I’m about to try again because now after a half hour she’s understandably tired. Maybe time for a push in A?

The second nap and been my disaster nap lol bc we are usually out with DS then I have her do a catch up nap for the 3rd which helps the nights.
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 19:15:42 pm »
Hi!
Yes, I would try and push the A another 10min and hold for three days and see what happens 🙂 how old is she now adjusted?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 20:19:12 pm »
Hi!

She’s officially 5 months adjusted since she was a month early. Due date Feb 11th, born January 14th

Makes it tricky bc of this difference. If you were me would you still push a bit?
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019, 05:27:21 am »
Ok. Yeah I don't know how that affect things but if we go by due-date I would still push 10min. My DD2 is born January 31st and is doing about 2,40 A-time. Babies are different of course but if we also go by what you write I'd definitely push! 🙂

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 06:13:34 am »
By 6months from Birthdate most of the 'catch up' has probably occurred. It gets difficult around 6 months as their physical activity and mental activity can be out of balance, so mentally tired but not Mobile, so not physically tired or if they are crawling, can be physically tired and mentally different. My eldest didn't crawl until 10.5 months and definitely needed more tummy time to be tired, while my youngest was commando crawling at 5.5months and he definitely a different sleeper as he had stimulation from his brother and greater mobility and LSN . So what actually worked for him (found by accident) was catnapping around a longer middle nap rather than textbook A times and nap lengths.
Have you tried mixed A times eg 2 hours before the first, 2.25 before the second? Some babies actually do better with variations
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2019, 09:08:06 am »
These are great tips especially making sure she gets physically and mentally tired out. I try to do tummy time as much as possible but she’s not a fan lol so will only do it for a couple of minutes before crying lol however she is trying to roll over from back to front. She’s almost there! I know that kind of development can disturb sleep. She also seems to have a cold so today was funky in sleep and I tried my best to follow her cues.

I like the idea of pushing and trying variations in A times. I am noticing that she likes a slightly shorter A to bed.

So I’m wondering a start off point since I‘m going by what looks like tired signs (burying her head into shoulder, rubbing eyes, fussing) but then naps aren’t long enough.

For Ex:

WU 7
Nap 1: 9:10-11:40/12 (A 2:10)
Nap 2: ?
Nap 3 ?
BT?
Jennifer xx

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2019, 11:06:13 am »
Honestly throw out the clock and follow her lead. If she short naps  and gets grumpy faster take her outside to see if it's boredom rather than tired. Either way fresh air is always good for children.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2019, 16:55:29 pm »
Rolling over can definitely disturb sleep! Mine is rolling over to her stomach 2 seconds after I put her down and then cries out like "heelp I'm on my tummy" yay...  ::)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2019, 23:03:18 pm »
Lol don’t you just love them!  Excited and also not looking forward to weaning her off the swaddle. My son was weaned very early bc he kept breaking out at 3 months. She LOVES being swaddled. How can I tell she’s ready?

She’s very clingy not even wanting her dad. She’s also feeding a lot more today. Maybe a growth spurt? Maybe comfort bc she’s a little sick and definitely teething. I also have my time of the month so I heard it can cause dips in supply during it.

All in all today was all over the place but I expect that with her having a cold. I’m hoping to try out longer A times tomorrow.

Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2019, 19:58:59 pm »
I really have no idea about the swaddle, but is it causing some kind of problem? If not and she loves it why not wait..?

Mine is like that when she's not well, could be anything and everything aswell 🙄

I had to push As again today, now we go in for wind-down at 2,40 and she did really well. I'm just a bit scared I'm reading the signs wrong beacause she's not really following the average..I actually think she could do a bit more..but it's a bit hard to entertain her when she's up this long and when I try she seems to get bored of everything really quickly.. what do you do with your LO, any ideas?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2019, 11:29:10 am »
Yea we will keep her in the swaddle. We tried last night and it was a disaster. I think she’s definitely bothered by the teething. She was hysterical on wakings so we finally gave Tylenol and I nursed her to sleep. Tonight I may do medicine 45 minutes prior to bed and see if she settles better.

Her naps yesterday were short; longest was about 1:20. We had a night like no other, 3 NW before the 3 hour mark. And one longer one from 2-3 am where she was crying. Does this sound like pain?

Yesterday:
WU 7:30
S 9:30-10:05 am
S 12:15-1:51 pm (10 minutes of being awake around the 35 mark)
S 4-5:15 pm
BT 7 pm (asleep by)

NW 9pm, 10:10 pm, 2-3am,

Up for the day at 6:40 am

Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2019, 14:50:03 pm »
No idea regarding the pain, but I guess it could be that or just being uncomfortable from the cold, does she have a stuffy nose? Mine would sometimes wake up from that. Doesshe seem hungry? Otherwise I read that night wakings could be caused from too little A-time 😉

could be caused