Author Topic: 5 mo old not taking last nap!  (Read 9918 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: 5 mo old not taking last nap!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2019, 18:46:40 pm »
Argh I forgot to mention ideas for entertainment!

-play music and dance
- she loves peek a boo
- read
- talk to her about well whatever
- tummy time
- plays with her brother
- go outside for fresh air
- let her splash in water even though she doesn’t really splash lol
- help her with toys we got her
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2019, 19:31:47 pm »
Thanks for the ideas!

We do pretty much the same but we don't read to her yet, figured she'd just try and eat the book 😊 when I play peekaboo with her she looks at me like a boored teenager...🙄 we haven't tried playing with water, I'll give that a try tomorrow!

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2019, 20:48:05 pm »
I used to also do edible paint with my son when he had already started solids.
Jennifer xx

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2019, 18:07:52 pm »
Ok she’s officially 6 months and seems like the development stuff and her cold is wreaking havoc on naps which is causing OT NW right after bedtime.

15 minute naps are what exactly? Lol

Right now I keep trying to push her A gently but she’s not having it lol

She cries for sleep then short naps anywhere from 35-1:20 most. Her naps are getting shorter. Today it was only an hour then just now 15 minutes

WU 8:10 (shockingly slept in but I’m guessing her cold)
S 10:08-11:15 am
S 1:30-1:45 pm

I tried stretching out the morning but she was crying. Then she only naps an hour waking up happy. Any ideas on gently stretching out the A tine without heavy crying?
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2019, 06:31:56 am »
Oh dear..doesn't sound like fun...😬

We've never had real crying, just whining and the likes and for us the wrap or sling always work to keep them calm. With dd2 I usually have her in the sling for the last 30-40 minutes, jyst doing housework and listening to music which she loves but you have to be moving all the time. Also we have to check she doesn't fall asleep in there 😏 if I need to keep her distracted I'd go outside for a walk (with her facing out) or to tje playground with dd2 as entertainment. I don't know if those are options for you? But if you just do something interesting enough they may just forget that they're tired..

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 12:10:52 pm »
Thank you! I will try that.

Yesterday we had a very long morning nap after a 2hr A then a 1:15 nap after about 2:10 A (probably UT) then she completely skipped her CN and went to bed at 7 after 3 hours A 😬

Needless to say we had a very restless night. She woke up twice early in the night, then twice for feeding. I’m wondering if she’s going through her 6 month growth spurt too.

I have been reading a couple of posts and am wondering if she’s headed towards the 3-2 transition which means as we have said I definitely have to work to push out A times and possibly EBT to cope on days she won’t do a CN.
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »
We're right in the middle of 3:2 and it's a bit tricky but we don't have the same problems. When it's too late for a catnap and we've done EBT we've gotten a bit of EW which is understandable, she's done sleeping at 5.30 but not me... when we put her to bed around 8 she did a 2 hour nap the next day which I had to wake her from, can't remember the e last time that happened! So I know she needs less nightsleep to get good daysleep but it's hard to get the times right  ::) think it will be better when we're on the other side 🙂

is she over her cold yet? It's easier to know what's what without other factors! I think mine's teething..🙄

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2019, 02:31:34 am »
I think you’re right! Too much happening and I’m sure it will settle soon.

I’m scared to do too early of a bedtime so the earliest I will go is around 6 which would still be OT if she skips her CN. Today she took her CN but her day ran long because of short naps in the am wogb the sitter and a long afternoon nap to catch up. We still got early evening wake ups ughhhh. She’s been waking every 3-4 hours the last 2 nights wanting to feed so I think we hit the 6mo growth spurt which I know is a biggy.

My pediatrician recommended starting solids at her wellness visit on Tuesday which we did two days ago but only like half a teaspoon of sweet potato then carrots. Tomorrow I’m doing carrots again before switching. It’s been so long since I did this (DS is 4), one meal to start off is the norm right?

Anyways she has a slight cold and is hungry and fussy. She also started a wonder week (leap 5) so I definitely see the effects of that.
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2019, 15:31:55 pm »
I did solids bw-style last time but didn't manage to wait a whole week before introducing a new food as tracy recommends in her book, it was just too exciting.. this time it's not so exciting, already done it once. Tracy says to start only for breakfast the first week and then adding lunch and after another week dinner and only a few tsp at a time. I just read that in my book I didn't remember either 🙂

We're just coming out of leap 5 in 2 days, I didn't notice anything in the beginning but she's been out of sorts for a couple of weeks so hopefully when it's finished she'll just go back to normal like pushing a button.. 😬

How's it going extending her atime?

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2019, 10:34:02 am »
Ok that makes better sense to start with breakfast I was doing dinner and it wasmt working out.

Leap 5 has been brutal thus far but it’s also converging with a growth spurt. She’s waking 3 times a night but only twice to feed.

Yesterday I extended it a bit but I think she went to bed UT bc she was up smiling at 5:45 am!!

Easy from yesterday
WU 7 am
S 9:22-9:52 am ( A 2:22; wouldn’t resettle)
S 11:48-2:52 pm (A 1:56)
S 5:16-5:49 (A 2:16; CN)
BT 7:22 pm

NW 8:22 pm; 1:30 am

Up today at 5:45  :o
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2019, 12:35:31 pm »
Is the second nap 3 hours? In the book it says max 2 hours so they don't get too much daysleep and mix up day and night as I remember.

Have you tried to extend her A-time and kept it consistent for at least 3 days? It doesn't work (for us at least) if you keep changing the atimes around back and forth.. we're doing 2,40 A before we go in and do a quick wind-down. We're quite strict with times beacause if we get it wrong it's mayham. It's important for us to hear exactly when she wakes. The only thing we change is take off max 10min after a really short nap (30min)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019, 17:06:14 pm »
Yes the second nap was 3 hours which I let it go since she still has a slight cold and had a push first nap. I figured it was the too much day sleep thing that had her up at 5:45.

Last night was much better but I think she crashed from a day being off schedule and taking short naps.

For the next couple of days I’m sticking to 2.25 for the first and second nap. I agree I think not being consistent isn’t helping. It’s much harder when she is out and refuses to nap until she is utterly exhausted which is usually closer to 2.75.  Unfortunately, I just can’t stay in the house bc of DS.

The third nap I’ll have to see if 2.25 will help her settle quicker.
Jennifer xx

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2019, 13:22:47 pm »
What does 20 minute naps mean?

I have been doing 2.25 first A with mixed results. Today she took a 18 minute nap but woke up with a smile yet kind of touchy. Will try within an hour to put her back down.

I do believe she is teething. We gave her medicine last night to see if it helped her strange nightwakings and the night was better with one feed at around 1 am then at 6. She then slept for a half hour more and woke up close to 7 am.
Jennifer xx

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2019, 20:09:46 pm »
I don't know what 20min naps mean! We've had a couple of those aswell and I have no idea why. It was weeks apart though and only a few so it seems a bit random. Yesterday we had one but that was from DD1 who was playing with blocks and crashed her tower...🙄

Teething here aswell! I'm totally exhausted from trying to keep her happy all day 🤪

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2019, 20:42:00 pm »
How's everything going?