Author Topic: Should i wean 14.5 mo for nights?  (Read 3003 times)

Offline airam

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 30, 2019, 09:25:19 am »
Im trying to fully sleep train him now and be consistent. Hes been waking up every hpur or more at nights for most of his life. 2hr intervals are a blessing. St before has gotten rare 3hr intervals but he has issues i cant firgure out...hes losing weight. An entire kilo from March to two weeks ago. Doctor says i just need to feed more. I try but hes too busy in the day and drinks less now that i dont nurse to sleep. He doesnt eat a lot too.

I started st a while ago and have gotten to the point where he will sleep if he can feel me touching his bum or back. Hell wiggle often to make sure but thats killing my back. He now wakes every 2hrs but every hour as it gets closer to sunrise.

Last night i tried putting him back to sleep with nursing during nws twice and he went down with a struggle...but i dont know, should i stop nursing at night? Will it force him to eat more during the day or will i lose my supply and his lifeline?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Should i wean 14.5 mo for nights?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 23:02:13 pm »
I wouldn't actively wean while he has issues with weight gain. I'd feed as often as you can.

How is his solids intake? Will the dr refer you to a dietician?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011