Author Topic: 21 months fighting sleep  (Read 1812 times)

Offline SNSmith

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: July 28, 2019, 03:50:24 am »
Hi there,
DD is 21 months and independent sleeper. Tells us she’s tired and wants to go to bed, falls asleep on her own etc. last 2 days or so she’s been fighting sleep, just wanted to check the routine and also mention we’ve boxed up a lot of our home in prep for a move 4 days out. Could she be catching on? She’s so young I would think but maybe this is throwing her off? I feel awful for the amount of crying as we’re not used to any at all.

720am wake
12pm-1:50pm nap. Cried for maybe 5-10 mins but was pretty easy to console/settle
810pm bed, cried for 30 min with wi/wo then asleep 845pm

Awake times are FULL as she sleeps best when very active. I’ve also needed her out of the house while I pack. Today daddy took her to play room at our gym and then a coffee shop in the AM. Afternoon we went to the children’s museum and a park.

Thanks all!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 21 months fighting sleep
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 05:02:53 am »
I'd say it's 100% the move. They definitely pick upon change even at a few months old.
Honestly rather than wiwo, I think you'd be better staying with her until she sleeps during the transition to the new place and then after a couple of weeks then look at gradual withdrawal. 21mo is pretty big on Separation Anxiety so she could actually fear she will be left behind when she is left alone at bedtime, so hard as it is for the time it takes to be there,that's 100%what she needs, rather than a routine tweak.
From about 18mo, routine issues are more often shown with o early wakeup   and stalling issues and bedtime tears and problems more emotional issues or very overtired, but looking at your routine, being really overtired seems less likely.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05