Author Topic: 7 Month old Starting to spit up now  (Read 5145 times)

Offline DaniRose

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 Month old Starting to spit up now
« on: August 14, 2019, 17:49:24 pm »
Hi. My son is 7 months and has been on solids for 6 weeks Now. He always nurses prior to eating solids and I don’t feel like his milk intake has changed.  However, over the last few weeks he has started spitting up substantial amounts, when he wasn’t this way before.  Sometimes the spitting up doesn’t bother him but other times he groans and doesn’t seem happy until he spits up and then seems relieved. This doesn’t seem to be related to a specific food either and nothing has changed in my diet. Has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 17:55:41 pm by DaniRose »

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 7 Month old Starting to spit up now
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 22:24:10 pm »
If you are worried definitely seek medical help as while I could be over eating if he enjoys solids and is having more than a tablespoon it maybe too much for his stomach.
Also try a bigger gap between milk and solids I was told to wait an hour.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 Month old Starting to spit up now
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 17:40:50 pm »
Yes, my dd2 is 7 months and a couple of weeks after introducing solids as we upped the amount she started spitting up and seemed to get som acid reflux aswell. After a while she just refused to eat and cried as soon as we put her in her highchair. The nurse that we saw said to try BLW insyead and tjat workes a lot better for her, she likes it and only has almost stopped spitting up.