SLEEP > Naps

10 month old naps

(1/2) > >>

MiniNs:
Hi everyone, looking for advice on EASY for my 10 month old.

Current routine is...
WU: 6/6:15
A: 3hrs
S: 9:00 (1-2hrs)
A: 3.5hrs
S: 13:30/14:00 (depending on last WU) (1.5hrs)
BT: 18:45 and he generally STTN

His am nap has started getting shorter and shorter. He used to have 2hrs and I would need to wake him, then out of nowhere he’s started waking after 1hr-1hr15. Should I be pushing the nap later so that he is more tired? Or is it natural that this nap will shorten at this age? He still self  settles fine at 9:00 so I’m not sure if later would end up in OT, and wakes up happy. Should I bring his pm nap earlier and have a shorter A time from a shorter morning nap?

Katet:
It's a gradual move to 1 nap.
How you tweak is up to you, I found for the big picture a shorter morning nap and longer afternoon worked better. For other people I know they had long morning short afternoon.

Generally speaking as the morning nap gets shorter it indicates A time needs to be longer.

Looking at your whole total sleep 11-11.5 hours overnight and 2.5- 3 hours day sleep would be about right. So it makes sense the morning nap is cutting back

MiniNs:
Thanks Katet.

I never had this with DS1 as he was a serial cat napper until we reached 1 nap!

So you would suggest stretching the am awake time? Perhaps:

WU: 6:00
S: 9:30-10:30
S: 14:00 - 15:30
BT: 19:00

MiniNs:
Sod’s Law - put him down at 9am for nap 1 this morning and he slept for 2 hours like he used to!! However, he had a very unsettled night and I think was perhaps compensating.

Katet:
Honestly if he's going down easily at the moment I'd probably not change it much for now esp when he did a longer one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version