Author Topic: How to work around day care  (Read 3297 times)

Offline MiniNs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 20, 2019, 17:58:04 pm »
Hi
DS2 will be starting nursery in a couple of weeks- 3 days per week whilst I return to work.
Their schedule is totally different to the EASY we’ve been following and are happy with at home and I’m looking for some advice as to how I can make the transition any easier for him to avoid OT?

His current EASY is
WU 6:00
S: 9:00-10:30/11
S: 13:30/14:00- 15:00ish
BT: 18:30/19:00 depending on pm nap

At nursery, they have a set nap time at 11:45am that they like all the children to go down for. They have asked for his home routine and said they’ll do their best to accommodate but that they don’t have staff to supervise the nap room outside of 11:45, for a hour or so.

Their meal times are also different. They do a snack a 9:30, when he’s usually asleep and has one at 10:30. They do lunch at 11:15 whereas he’s used to it at 12. They provide their evening meal at 3pm!

They are a brilliant nursery and there are valid reasons for their routine being the way it is. I just want to try and make sure there is minimal impact for us.

I had DS1 in childcare at the same age and had some similar problems with nap times, but not with meals etc too.