Author Topic: 12 week old short naps  (Read 3782 times)

Offline AshGop

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 22, 2019, 16:40:03 pm »
Hi there I posted a few weeks ago about my lo not napping great , and since then things seemed to get a bit easier in terms of getting him down and then he would sleep 45 minutes.... sometimes would  be able to settle him back to sleep but usually would end up just getting him up ..

But In the last few days I can’t even seem to settle him to sleep very well. Can take half an hour and then he is only napping 30/40 minutes,
His last nap this afternoon was only 25 minutes 😫
I started trying httj but now he is waking up so quickly I don’t even manage to get in before he starts stirring ....
Am trying 3 hour easy although ends up being more like 2.5 which is fine but the problem I have is that when he wakes from a nap, I try to put him back down and usually fail so then end up taking him to feed and then try again with wind down and sleep but then do I need to count his A time from when he wakes.?
Even though I’m spending time trying to settle him?
The issue I have then is that he takes up to 40/50 minutes feeding and this includes nappy change and winding but the his A tine is already creeping up close to 1 hour 30and for his age the max should be 1 h 30 and Im starting his wind down at this point so then is he already over tired??

Can someone please help? Really advice and suggestions as he doesn’t sleep much at night either!,

Offline AshGop

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 17:16:47 pm »
Also forgot to add that I can’t ever catch any tired cues... he literally seems quite happy in his bouncer or on the play mat or playing with me,. Doesn’t really get fussy even at a hour 30... but when I take him to wind down, and put him on bed to start swaddling then he starts crying!
Even on changing table he is fine but the moment I lower him to the bed he kicks off.
We did introduce a dummy a couple weeks ago to see if that will help. And sometimes it does soothe him enough to drop off quite quickly but again the last few days he takes it for comfort but he still needs a lot of help dropping  off to sleep .. and then when he wakes and I try to resettle him, I offer the dummy but he will often push it out.
Now I don’t think this is because he is hungry as he doesn’t show any other hunger cues like rooting etc, he just carries on crying...which makes me think he is still tired...

Offline AshGop

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:05:51 am »
Any advice at all?? Would really appreciate it !

Offline AshGop

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 07:50:20 am »
Please if anyone has any advice or experience to share would really appreciate it..

Offline eeleahm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 22:45:10 pm »
did u find any resolve on this??

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: 12 week old short naps
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 02:01:01 am »
I was away most of the summer...but if anyone else stumbles across this and is looking to find advice, this is what I would have posted back then, from the FAQ's!

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=649.0