Author Topic: Nap Help for 7.5 mo  (Read 4156 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Nap Help for 7.5 mo
« on: September 09, 2019, 14:00:18 pm »
Can someone please give me guidance around A times for naps. I am trying to transition to 2 naps but she isn’t taking decent ones then her day is too long and we get early evening OT wake ups or EW.

Help!
Jennifer xx

Offline AnaQ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 19:57:02 pm »
Depends on what your schedule is I guess. My babe wasn’t ready to transition fully to 2 naps until around 9 months. From around 7-9 months some days she would take 2, some days 3.  Depending on her earlier naps. That’s what we had to do to keep us from pulling our hair out. Some good advice we got was that your baby has never read the baby books you’re reading so they don’t know that they’re supposed to have this done by this time. Best is to read your baby. If they’re falling asleep within the 5-20 mins (I found 20 to long for my baby. Usually 5-10) then I would think that’s what they’re ready for whatever that looks like.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Nap Help for 7.5 mo
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 20:40:19 pm »
Yea...it wouldn’t bother me as much as I can tell it’s impacting her mood and her nighttime sleep.

Today she took a nap pretty early and a long one at that and did two short ones afterwards as I couldn’t stretch her from 2-6 pm. We will see how tonight goes.

Her routine has been (give or take a half hour):
WU 6:30 am
Nap 9:30-10:10 am (last few days); sometimes an hour
Nap 1:15-1:50 pm (sometimes an hour sometimes 35 minutes
CN 4:15 ish for 20-30 minutes
BT 6:45ish

We get Wakings within the 3 hour mark and yesterday an early waking. Last night she did a 12 hour night then wanted a nap at 2.5 A and napped for 1:20; second nap I woke her at 30 minutes (school run) and now giving her a CN (4:20ish) with the hopes of a 6:30 bedtime
Jennifer xx