Author Topic: Don't let baby sleep past.... ?? #catnap  (Read 3551 times)

Offline eeleahm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 02, 2019, 13:07:37 pm »
Hi! Is there a rule that we shouldn't let baby sleep past 6pm for the catnap as it eats into nighttime sleep? Or am i remembering that wrong?

If I let my baby 6W old sleep his catnap until 6:30pm, he is sometimes awake and crying until finally sleeping at 8:30!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Don't let baby sleep past.... ?? #catnap
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 22:29:59 pm »
There are no rules... Maybe a suggestion for older babies with a longer A time.
At 6 weeks it's very normal to have witching hours, mostly in the evening or for some unlucky people like me with my second from 3-5am.

Generally speaking it's down to a mix of what your baby will do and what youd like for a routine and how they do or don't end up working. At 6wo, I'd let your baby sleep and if you are bf, offer comfortfeeds if he is insettled as it could be a supply issue with feeding as it's common to have low supply late in the day. Also babies do have emotional needs and in a busy day sometimes they just need that skin to skin human contact. It's important to remember that sometimes crying is not always about food or sleep but about emotional connection.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline eeleahm

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:51:41 am »
ok thank u so much!

Offline eeleahm

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:07:06 am »
funny... my one baby is so unsettled 3-6am everything morning. he doesn't go back to sleep easily after that feed and it takes us a while to settle him!!! maybe witching hours is contributing to this... when did you see it pass?