Author Topic: Why is my 3 year old waking up at same time Every night  (Read 9197 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Why is my 3 year old waking up at same time Every night
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2019, 03:16:57 am »
He didn’t wake up last night! Now if we can just get him to sleep a bit later in the am. He wakes the same exact time every morning and only gets about 10 hours of sleep no naps and is active all day long doesn’t stop at all. I still think he’s overtired.

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2019, 20:07:01 pm »
I agree. Might also be a matter of being overstimulated? Is he a Touchy? My firstborn was VERY Touchy, a totally quiet first A time helped re-set, among all the other things.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 20:31:18 pm »
I would say he’s a bit spirited and a bit grumpy. He always would sleep a good 12 hours at night would go to bed easily we didn’t have to stay with him he’ll wake in the morning well rested around seven 730 but that all changed once the clocks went back over a month ago. I still can’t figure out why he’s waking super early but following this form for all these years I feel like he’s probably overtired from not getting enough sleep. He goes to preschool four days a week for four hours each day and in the afternoon we struggle he’s wired and hyper and fresh.

Offline deb

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2019, 18:15:10 pm »
One other thing that occurred to me: when you try to get him sleeping during the day, have you tried music or white noise? We found white noise REALLY helpful! (Actually it was a noise generator where we could select ocean, river/stream, or rain sounds; helped get her from one sleep cycle to the next.)

Might be worth a try, that and as much physical activity as you can manage for him when he's awake. Swimming ALWAYS meant better sleep for my two.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 13:00:40 pm »
He’s doesn’t have a day sleep. And yes at night we use a white noise machine. How do you get them to sleep later or reset them. It’s getting earlier today was 545 and I can not get him to go back to his room or bed.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 16:32:15 pm »
Now we are waking at 5 am! Help! This is awful. And I keep trying to bring him back to bed and resettle him but he starts screaming and crying and won’t stay in his room then he wakes his big brother up. Any tips ?

Offline deb

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 03:47:05 am »
Sorry, things have been hectic here so I've been AWOL...

Is there any way you can hold him back to sleep in his room when he wakes early? Like sit on a chair in the dark and just...sing a lullaby? Play soft music?

Have you tried pain meds? If so, any difference?

On the other hand, if he's waking that early anyway, maybe just let him sleep with you after hubby gets up for work? I'd try giving some pain meds when he wakes and snuggling, see what happens.