Author Topic: Need encouragement -Shush patting with 10 week old  (Read 3783 times)

Offline lmuhlhauser

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need encouragement -Shush patting with 10 week old
« on: January 16, 2020, 22:24:47 pm »
Hello fellow baby whisperers ! I am so grateful for this site! Our darling son is 10 weeks old now – he is our sixth baby. I have use the baby whisperer technique for all of our children. And I have pretty much always gone through this phase from about 10 weeks to about 16 weeks is when it starts – depending on the child. And then I have to sort of get them used to going to sleeping on their own. They tend to wake up after that first sleep cycle in their naps and then have a hard time settling down again. And we start the whole shush patting thing. I know it worksAs I used it with all our other children and they ended up being great sleepers! But I have to admit when I’m in the trenches of it – it is so exhausting. I started last Saturday and I feel like the last two days he totally regressed. I just need some encouragement and would like to know if anybody else has had that happen? Beginning it – seeing progress – and then seeing a total regression. Some of his naps today were 14 minutes long. Exhausting. And it’s just hard because I have to tend to the other five children as well. But I know that it’s worth it because in the end it will result in a baby who can sleep independently and wake up happy rather than fussy. Any encouragement is so needed!  Also – it’s really hard because his naps are so shortened. I feel like if that first nap is off -the whole day ends up getting thrown. He can’t stay awake for his full wake times -understandably so - so he’s overtired when he goes down for naps even when I really shorten the wake time.  I am literally putting him to sleep – coming back in to try to put him back to sleep in the middle of the nap – finally getting him out of the crib because he barely falls back asleep – feeding again – and then starting the whole cycle over again. Ahhhh!  But I seem to remember reading somewhere that Tracy said “don’t give up before the miracle.”  thank you for any encouragement.