Author Topic: Waking up every 5, 10 or 15 minutes all night!!!  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Jekaterina

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking up every 5, 10 or 15 minutes all night!!!
« on: April 13, 2020, 17:39:17 pm »
Hello everyone!

My son is 6.5 months now. Last 4 months he was sleeping around 2 hours in his bed and afterwards in my bed for the rest of the night. Most of his daily sleeps are in the stroller. Since he used to cry a lot because of his allergy, which I managed to fix recently, he became really dependent on the pacifier.

In most case, my son sleeps perfectly in my bed.

We live on E.A.S.Y. almost since his birth. We have only one dream feed but soon it will be gone.

I'm trying to teach my son to sleep in his bed during all night. However, I don't manage.

Firstly, I tried PU/PD method; however, I still used the pacifier. My son was waking up every 5, 10 or 15 minutes during all night. I almost didn't sleep 2 nights, in the middle of the third night I took my son to my bed.

Afterwards, I tried to use PU/PD method without a pacifier. Same here! The son was waking up every 10 minutes, so I stopped.

I am wondering if any of you had similar experience or you could share your suggestions. I will appreciate all your advices a lot.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Waking up every 5, 10 or 15 minutes all night!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 01:53:06 am »
Sorry you've not gotten any responses. I drop by here once in a blue moon since mine are almost grown up now. :)

How much is he eating during the day? He may need more calories since there's a growth spurt around 6 months.

Is he growing new teeth?  Try pain meds at bedtime and see if he sleeps longer.

We tried to wean DD2 from the pacifier without any luck; she was VERY attached to it. In the end we bought maybe 10 of them and put a bunch in her bed so if she lost one, she could grope around and grab another one, and most nights she could find one (some nights they all got pushed off the bed LOL).

Good luck!

Offline Jekaterina

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Waking up every 5, 10 or 15 minutes all night!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 18:44:50 pm »
Hello!
Thank you very much for your advices. At the moment, his tooth are growing; however, I give my son a painkiller before the night.
I'll try to put more pacifiers in his bed.