Author Topic: 23 month old starting daycare and not sleeping the night!  (Read 2927 times)

Offline hustleenflo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
23 month old starting daycare and not sleeping the night!
« on: July 06, 2020, 03:03:36 am »
Hi All,

My 23 month old has just started daycare. Until now, my toddler was watched by my mother while my husband and I worked. We decided that it is time for my child to start daycare since I am expecting and I wanted my toddler to be around other kids.

My kid was very routine - napped around 1230 for 1.5 to 2 hours, and went to bed every night around 7:30. Would wake up the next morning around 8, 8:30. I never had problems putting her to sleep until now - whenever its time for bedtime she starts crying for me and my husband and literally wakes every 10 minutes to check if we are around. We would put her to bed around 7 and she would call for us every 10 minutes until 12 in the morning. My husband had to sleep in the floor in her room!

We feel that she is going through a really tough time starting daycare and she feels that her mommy and daddy abandoned her. Does anyone have any suggestions for what we could do?

TIA!

Offline Aura

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 23 month old starting daycare and not sleeping the night!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 07:32:17 am »
This sometimes helps my daughter (im currently experiencing a different issue) is letting her sleep with something that smells like me. So I would either sleep with one of her blankets for a few days or give her something of mine to sleep with. She snuggles up to it, especially if it's soft and the scent calms her. Maybe this will help for your predicament. I wish you luck.