Author Topic: 20 month old crazy night time- any help appreciated!  (Read 3463 times)

Offline rosiebh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
20 month old crazy night time- any help appreciated!
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:32:53 am »
Hi,
I wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to help?
My 20 month old day routine is pretty set in stone but what happens at night is anyone’s guess!

The last 24 hrs...
Breakfast And milk - 7 am
Snack - 10.30 am (usually fruit and breadsticks)
Lunch - 12
Nap 12.30-2
Snack - 3 ish
Tea - 5
Bedtime routine starts 6.15 (bath, stories)
Bed and asleep 6.45-7

It’s his night wakings that are driving me mad! I’m so exhausted as I also have a 4 year old (who is an amazing sleeper - 6.45-6.30 ish but doesn’t get up until 7) My 20 month old is a different story!
Last night he was awake 1-2.30 am and then again at 5 and was awake until 6.30 am!
He won’t be left alone in these periods and so I sit with him with a hand on his back. Sometimes he’s awake 2-4 am, then up at 6am, sometimes he sleeps until 4.30 for the day if we’re really Lucky!
He has a pretty active day as he’s outside in the park most mornings with his brother and in the garden or playing in our local park in the afternoon.
I just don’t know what to do. He’s never really slept through and we’ve followed baby whisperer EASY plan since he was about 4 months and his bedtime routine since about 6 weeks old.
He’s always napped well in the day but his night time is crazy!
Any ideas??
Thank you!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 20 month old crazy night time- any help appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 19:27:13 pm »
Hi maybe if he’s up at 7 and has a good nap the Bt needs to be pushed out a teeny bit? My second dropped all naps at 2 years old and sleep fab 7-7 but my first kept naps till 3 but slept 8pm-6.30am
Zoe