Author Topic: 22 month old EW  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Han12345

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 01, 2020, 14:12:15 pm »
Hi all,

I did a post and now can’t seem to find it 🙈

Just looking for some help with my 22 month old who is early waking and I think waking during the night too. She’s been waking early for a few weeks now, she happily sits in bed and doesn’t shout so it’s not too bad but then I find she is horrible in the day. Constantly moaning, hard work and not listening. She naps around 12.30 but we sometimes push it to 1/1.30pm.

I don’t know if I should be letting her nap for longer to catch up or making it shorter. She usually does about 2 hours in the day (I often have to waker her as she sleeps so well) and then is great form in the afternoon but then takes quite a while to go to sleep at night. Bed time is usually 7pm but she can often be messing around till 8pm-ish.

We have just been away and her nap/ sleep hasn’t been great so in all honesty I thought she would totally crash now home not waking even more.

Should I be shortening or even cutting her nap? I’m not sure if she can cope without a nap but I just need my happy little girl back.

My eldest slept 1-3 at her age and then bed 7-6.30pm. She didn’t drop her nap till 2.5yo so surely this one doesn’t need to drop her nap already?

Offline boykelso

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 02:46:36 am »
I just went through this with my 23 month old. We cut the nap to 1.5 hrs and tried to keep bedtime and wake up time consistent. It took four days of whining and fussing but he’s back to 11-12 hrs sleep at night.

I see this post is quite old...Hopefully your sleep issue got worked out!