Author Topic: 3 month old refusing a bottle  (Read 13026 times)

Offline Kclu

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 09, 2021, 18:17:58 pm »
Okay, baby girl was taking a bottle once in awhile no problem! She would latch onto it and drink. Now I'm going back to work in 7 days and she is completely refusing. She pushes her tongue out any time the bottle comes near her. She has always refused a binky so no luck there. I recently, four days ago, tested positive for COVID my milk is very dry, she is very hungry and would rather suckel on a dry breast for 1.5 hours than take a bottle. I have tried different milk temperatures, warmed nipple, different nipple, someone else trying to feed it to her. Is it just because she is sick or do I have an issue on my hands? My mother in law will be watching her while I'm at work and I cannot break to breastfeed her. I need her to take Bottles. Please help.

Offline Beyeraident1999

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 11:57:00 am »
Bottle refusal is a common problem that can occur at any age. If your baby refuses to take a bottle from you, then it may indicate that they are not getting enough nutrition through breastfeeding. This could be due to insufficient milk supply, improper positioning of the nipple, or even a lack of interest in nursing
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 12:30:42 pm by Jaime »