Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 121955 times)

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« on: April 20, 2005, 23:26:48 pm »
Hi all,

Thought I'd follow the "June" babies lead and start a new thread to see if you all are still out there!  :D

I think the same problem happened with the previous thread getting too long.

Lynne....Priya....Dixiedutch....Cazao...??? Anyone? 

Cheers,

Sharon :D
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 00:29:19 am »
hey there. yes we`re here. good idea on the new thread. can`t stop for long...we have a baby tummy bug to deal with (baaaad nappies  :roll: ) but we`re definitely here. dealing with major 45 minute nap stage at the moment, so still on 3 hour feedings and wondering whether the naps will change if we introduce solids, but on the other hand i`d like to wait for the 6 months, so not really sure what i`ll do on that one. ok, just heard more farting noises...back to gross nappy duty....
Our beautiful baby girl is....

happy mommy

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 01:11:11 am »
Hi!  My second little man, Jaxon, was born Nov 30.  Today was our first day of 8 oz and four hours.  It's going supurbly well and has it looks like it will finally get us on a routine (as it works better for my 2 year old then a 3 hour easy does.  Other then that, he doesn't like to be on his tummy once he rolls over on it, and he's developing a real light rash on his neck, tummy and a little on his back and arms, that i am wondering whether or not I should worry about.  (Sorry, run on sentence.)  Anybody have any rash experiance?  I just don't remember any of this with my first little guy!
Holly (formerly dax's mom)

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 02:10:17 am »
Hi ladies,

My lo was born Dec 26 and I have been following the other thread and would love to join you guys on this thread.
She's 4 mos and 1wk and I think she's an angel baby but we've had our very touchy days!!
She's on 4hr routine and takes 2 naps of about 2 hrs (sometimes takes 45 min for the second one) and a catnap around 5pm and is in bed by 7-7:30pm and sleeps til 6:30 or 7am.  She does wake once in the wee mornings but I just give her the paci and she goes back to sleep.
 She's a tummy sleeper and has been since 6wks when she cried for hours at a time and then one day I put her on tummy and she was good to go.
She just rolled from her side to her back yesterday and I was just tickled pink.  The same night, she started this squealing business.  I don't know what that's all about.  She did it at bed time for about 20 mins (not crying, just squealing like she's trying to say something).
She's still ebf and is pretty chunky.  I think she's around 15-16 lbs.
I love to read about your lo's because I know she will be doing whatever your lo is doing now. 
Thanks for letting me join in.

Kathy

Offline caljaccol

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 02:28:21 am »
Me too, me too!  My dd was a December baby as well.  December 11.

She is on a 3 hour easy during the day and at night, well she sleeps 11 hours straight so.......

She is more touchy then anything I think :roll:   Maybe she is just what 'I' would picture as touchy though.

She has started solids.  About 2tbsp of cereal (currently rice, but tomorrow we are moving to Oatmeal) around lunch time.  IMO she is sleeping better now that she is eating solids.  I am also supplimenting formula (okay who am I kidding, she gets 8oz of ebm, the rest is formula).

My dd has to be in the right mood to enjoy tummy time.  Somedays she loves it and rolls all over the living room, then next she might freak if I lie her on her tummy.

I have been putting her in her exersaucer for a bit during the day.  Again, in the right mood she loves it and will smile at everybody.   She seems very alert and takes everything in.

Last week when I had her weighed she was 13lb 4oz (7lb 14.5oz at birth) and 24" tall.

I love hearing what all the other babies are doing.
Dawn
Sahm to: dd 7, dd 5.5, ds 4.5, dd 3 years, dd 15 months

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 12:27:02 pm »
Hello ladies! 

My little man Zachary is a little over 5 months now (he's the only boy on this thread, so far, huh?).   

He's rolling all over the place now, finally.  I always find him in a different postition than I layed him in.  He weighed 13 pounds at 4.5 months and I think just went through a growth spurt because he felt like a ton of bricks when I picked him up out of his crib this morning.  We started cereal a few weeks ago and just this past Monday we started him on sweet potatoes which he loved!  Can't get enough of them.  I think we'll do green beans next (if I can get to the produce stand soon :roll: ).  He's exclusively breastfed with the exception of the two solid meals and is on a 4-4.5 hour EASY.  It's working wonders for us.

He loves his exersaucer!  He gets this goofy little grin while sitting it.  He especially loves it when Stephen plays with the little toys on it while he's sitting in it.

He's just recently (like in the last few nights) started extending his night sleeps to about 9-9.5 hours.  So, he normally goes 7-9 hours at night, which I can handle.

I think he's equal parts textbook and angel....with a touch of grumpy or touchy (I can't tell the difference) once in a while. 

So, are your little ones doing this: Zachary has started to cry if we are in a group of people and someone besides me or his daddy is holding him.  Stephen went through this at about 4-6 months, but I didn't think Zachary would since he's such a happy, content little guy.  Wondering if it's just a developmental thing?  But if we're one on one with someone and they hold him, it doesn't bother him. 

If no one has any objections, I'm going to lock the other thread so we don't have two going at the same time.  I'll put a note on that one, too, but let me know if you don't think I should lock it.
 :D
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 12:43:23 pm »
Great idea, Alli!  As for Megan, she's almost 6.5 months now.  Still not doing much rolling, but this is starting to get a bit better, probably because I've been bringing her into bed with me (long story :? ) which motivates her to roll towards me. :roll: She's sitting up great, though and we're slowing working through beginner solids (she's not big on veggies....).
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 13:33:25 pm »
Alli,

My lo does what Zachary is doing.  It's the weirdest thing.  When someone she hasn't been around or heard, she does the down lip thing and within 5 seconds, she's crying like we just handed her to someone she doesn't like!!  She did this at 3 mos with my sister (her feelings were so hurt, as you can imagine) and she did it this weekend with my girlfriend.  It's like she sees me and yet I'm not holding her and that makes her confused or sad.  I do hope she does grow out of it soon.  She cried the other day when daddy was holding her and as soon as I held her, she was fine!!  Maybe it's a developmental thing or getting ready for the separation anxiety stage.
It's so strange because she is so happy and smiley 99% of the time.  At least with me.

Kathy

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 14:21:53 pm »
Hi gals!!!  CAn I join too??  :D

Zoƫ sounds like a lot of your little ones, especially with the crying with "strangers".....
She is on a 4 hr schedule, bottles at aroudn 6:30, 10:30, 2:30 and 6:30 then it's off to bed.  She usually wakes at around 6:15, a great little sleeper.  Usually the nap schedule is 45 minute in the AM, 3 HR in the afternoon and another 45 min catnap in the evening.

Had her appt on Tuesday and she weighs in at 15lbs 12oz and 26"  :shock:   We don't call her our chunky monkey for nothing  :lol:   We tried solids today for the first time...she mostly spit it back out so we'll try again in a couple of weeks.

She likes her excersaucer and playing on the floor.  Most days she'll only play on her tummy for 5 minutes at a time....but once and a while we'll get a 15-20 minute session.  She can roll from her tummy to back but still trying her darndest to get from back to tummy!!!  But her overall favorite is watching her brother JOhn  :D

As far as type, I would say mostly textbook with a bit of touchiness I think.  I'll have to go and take the "test" now that's she's older.

Love to hear about all the babies  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

happy mommy

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 17:24:49 pm »
:lol: Alli, Jaxon is a boy.  He and Zachary can be buddies! :lol:
I was just trying to think if he cries with strangers and I realized that not a lot of people hold him!! :shock:  I think I'm hogging all the holding and hugging in case I don't have any more babies! :oops: 
redstarfalling...I noticed with my first ds that it took him forever (it seemes) to roll over and that he needed lots of encouregment and practice.  With my second ds he was trying at 2 months and had mastered it around 3 months.  I think it has something to do with having a big brother he wants to play with.  Alli and John and  Zoe's mom...did you find the same thing to be true?
Opps!  Gotta run!  I'm late for an appointment!  How SHE is that?!

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 18:20:11 pm »
Quote from: happy mommy
  I think it has something to do with having a big brother he wants to play with.  Alli and John and  Zoe's mom...did you find the same thing to be true?

I think so, it makes good sense. :D   We worked and worked with John and he only rolled about 2-3 times.....he sat pretty early though so i figured he had no ambition to get any where.   :lol:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Bryony's mum

• Showing Appreciation 52
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 21:02:34 pm »
Ben was six months yesterday (where has it gone?  :(  :) ). 

He is still breastfed and has been on solids for about 6 weeks.  He will eat anything - he hasn't turned down any food yet.  If we're having a snack and he hsn't got anything to eat, he gets rather upset.  :lol:   We've done about 8 different fruits and 8 veg, and I think i will start on chicken very soon.  He weighed 17lb today and seems long.

He will sit for up to 5 minutes at a time without falling, unless he sees something really interesting and lurches towards it.  He's been learning to sit for a while, but just this week he's got really stable, which means I don't have to stay right next to him all the time. 

Rolling is another matter. :roll:  He rolled from front to back about 2 months ago, and from back to front about a month ago, but hasn't done either since!    i think he just wanted to prove he could do it so i could write it in his baby book, but now can't be bothered!  :lol:   

'Napping' is a bit of a dirty word in our household.  Switching off for naps doesn't come easily to Ben, so i've well and truly given in to accidental parenting on this one. :oops:  I simply couldn't spend hours each day getting Ben to sleep for 30 minutes max, with bryony shut in her room or roaming around on her own downstairs - it was incredibly stressful.  So now, I'm ashamed to admit, i spend a couple of minutes rocking Ben to sleep in the pushchair in the garden, and then he sleeps long enough for us to have some kind of routine and for me to spend some very much needed time with Bryony.  I will fix it later!

I think Ben is definitely spirited.  He is never still, and gets overexcited simply by getting up in the morning!  Bryony was looking at a DVD cover the other day and he saw it and was so excited that he sat on my lap bouncing up and down for at least ten minutes.  :roll:  :lol:
Alisa

[img width= height=]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/5/549575.png[/img]

[img width= height=]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/5/581192.png[/img]

[img width= height=]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/8/895623.png[/img]

[img width= height=]https://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/r/rf67x89kd.png[/img]]

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 01:36:55 am »
Okay ladies,
 I need some help tonight.  I don't know what is going on but I figure I would post this question here and see if this is normal for her age (4 mos).  She took a 2hr nap, then a 45min nap, then another 45 min nap and 40 min with daddy in the Snugli at 5:30 til 6:10.  So I put her in her crib at 7:30 after her usual wind down routine, minus a bath tonight.  I usually rock her for about 5 mins, but tonight she was arching her back and fussing so I put her right into the crib and then the craziness began.  She is a tummy sleeper and takes a paci, but here lately is finding her fingers (thumb or the two fingers) and she kept on spitting out the paci and sticking her finger in then gets mad and whines.  She draws her legs up (is this what they do when they are trying to go to sleep?) and just keeps on squealing and whining.  I left her to do the whining on her side for about 5 mins and I heard this squealing and she was flipped on her back just smiling!!  So I put her on her tummy and she kept on drawing her legs up and more whining.   What is she doing??  I am completely flaberghasted!!!  She usually goes down very easily.  I'm scared those days are over.  She did a little bit of squealing last night but was off to sleep in 20 mins.  Tonight it's 8:30 and my husband just came down after patting her down.  Hopefully she will fall asleep.
So my question is :  Did your lo do this at this age?  What did you do?  Pu/pd or patting and telling her it's ok she's going to sleep?  She's not crying fully, just whining.  What do you do when she just lies there but is not going to sleep but just talks to herself?  Do you pat her or just walk out and hope she will fall asleep eventually??

Please help

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 02:47:39 am »
Yeah! So glad to see you all here!   :D

Ella is doing well... just started sweet potatoes in the am and she has her pears in the evening.  Decided to drop the rice cereal as she has it in her formula already.  (she's back to drinking 32 0z)She's due for next doctor's appt. on the 29th so we'll see what she weighs then but at last check (3 1/2 weeks ago) she was almost 17 lbs.  :shock:

And yes Ella has started doing the lip thing with strangers and just STARES at me... she may or may not cry depending on the time of day. ie. how tired she is. But I'm finding once she gets used to the new people she's fine. (new being assorted grandparents but she "forgets")

Jaydns mum.... didn't you say your lo just started rolling over? That could be the reason for the wonky sleep. Ella went through the same thing when she started rolling over and I actually posted yesterday on the nap board because she's going through another developmental leap and Matthew's mommy said it's normal for them to get thrown off when this happens.  Ella also "yells" and whines and kicks her legs around lately especially when she's supposed to go to sleep. It seems like she's figured out there's too much "life" going on and she doesn't want to miss any of it!  :lol: Oh and she also rolled both ways a while back but has yet to repeat front to back and now constantly rolls from back to front then starts yelling because she can't remember how to get back to her back!

We just keep going in and shushing and patting then leaving once she's quiet. Unless she cries (or yells a lot) we don't go in. She usually tires herself out after about 15 minutes and the last time we go in she takes her paci, holds my hand on her face and falls asleep.

Hope that's some help...

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 02:50:44 am »
btw Cazao, Ella's naps didn't change once we started solids. In fact they may have become even worse! I'm lucky to get a good hour and a half in the am then the rest of the day it's 2 30-45 minute naps.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to