Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122876 times)

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2005, 17:26:27 pm »
Fine with me :wink:

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2005, 23:09:28 pm »
Fine by me, too.  Just dont take it away completely.  I would be so lost. :(

Mimi -
Quote (selected)
( Asian belief that if you shave a newborn's hair, it will grow back thicker.  ), it looked like she has a mohawk! 
My mom made me promise that I would shave Jadyn's hair when she was a couple of weeks old and I waited to do it, against my will, and it did not work.  She looked like someone took a bad pair of scissors & cut it in all kinds of different direction!!! :? Everyone gave me a hard time.  My mom said she did that to my hair & also my sister's and that's why we have such thick hair.  But then she also wrapped our feet really tight in cloth so they would be small.  I don't know what to think about that one.  Btw I wear 71/2, so maybe it did work. :wink:

Kathy

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2005, 00:17:19 am »
Sounds good Alli.  Is it any kind of problem that we gab so much? I hope not! How's Zach doing by the way?

Thanks for the advice Mimi, we've been trying to do that... I'm so frustrated these days. I don't know what's going on with dd. She's so unhappy. We're going back to the paediatrician finally on Tuesday to check her reflux meds. We've tried everything else...I'm soooo tempted to give her her soother back. But I know it would only be a short term fix.

I know what you mean too about falling! Dd stood at the edge of the couch once and dh and I got so excited we both grabbed for the camera and she fell over!  :oops: Needless to say she wasn't too happy with us!

We don't do our six month shots until mid-July. (dd's behind due to being so sick in the beginning) I am soooo excited to see how much she weighs!!  :D Not excited about the shots though!

Talk to you all soon,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2005, 23:12:28 pm »
hi ladies, hope all is well.  We are having great progress with naps.  Today was awesome.. jake took a 2hr nap in the morning and 1 1\2 in the afternoon.  this is our first day with only 2 naps and he is doing so well.  he did fall asleep during baby einstien before bed but he made it 3hrs.  my theory with the 45min naps is that when a tooth is actually breaking through he has a hard time sleeping.  right now i think we may have a short break from the teeting monster :lol:   

Is anyone feeding stage 2's?  i was wondering how much to give ds, he will eat all day long if i let him.  what about the meats in stage 2's? 

thanks  :D

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2005, 01:37:44 am »
Hi ladies,

Sharon - How's Ella Rose doing these days?  Did you take her to the doctor yet?  Was her reflux back?  I hope not.  Does she have any more teeth showing through?  I'm sure there must be something bother your lo for her to be so unhappy :(  I know that must be really trying for you, too.  I will commeserate with you & share what our little Jadyn is doing these days.  She has decided that she doesn't want solids any more & opens her mouth at the very beginning only and then shuts her lips together & wastes pretty much half of everything I give her. :x  She doesn't like anything!!! I've given her the squash, avacado, peach, peas and I'm just about to give up & maybe give her store bought food.  I'm tired of having to pump so I can make her cereal with ebm, which she doesn't eat but 2 bites, if I'm lucky.  On top of that, she does not want to be left alone for one single minute.  She has to have my or daddy's or her sissy's UNDIVIDED attention.  But she's also soooo whiny these days, I just don't know what to do with her.  I actually yelled at her today when I was trying to feed her.  She stopped fussing & just looked at me & just grinned!!  Almost like, 'how can you be mad at this face' kinda look :roll:  Uugghh.  She still does smile, only when we are giving her all the attention & whatever she wants.  I'm just hoping it's the teething, although I don't see nothing else coming in.

Her naps have been still easy, except she's been waking & stirring at 30mins, instead of her infamous 45min stir.  Can't figure out what that is all about.  I do extend it & she will sleep for 2hrs & is grumpy if I wake her.  She doesn't take the catnap at all these days.  She's doing this thing where she wakes up but is VERY quiet in the mornings, so I don't know the actual wake time which really gets me frustrated because I don't know when to put her down for her first nap.  She just lays there & plays with her paci & her lovey. :?

Oh well, I'm really hoping her teeth will just get on with it & pop up.  Did you start giving her 3 meals at 6mos or just 2 (breakfast & dinner)?  I don't know if I should go ahead & give her all 3 meals now.  I don't know why I'm worrying.  It's not like she's gonna eat them anyway. :?  But I'm going to keep on offering.  Do you give cereal 2 times a day (breakfast & dinner)? and just give avacado for lunch?  She's been so constipated since eating cereal that she grunts the whole time I'm feeding her.

Jennifer - That's great that your lo has his naps down.  Isn't it nice?  I'm not giving my lo any meat yet.  All I'm offering these days are purreed fruit & veggies and rice cereal.  Maybe she wants real food and that's why she's not eating the mush I'm offering? I don't know.  My ped says to give her any baby food and even teething biscuits.  I went to the grocery store to find those bisuits and all I could find was something called Biter Biscuits by Gerber.  Has anyone tried a teething biscuit that they liked?

I know that at these ages our lo's are going through a lot of developmental stages & are very whiny & clingy & plain onery!! I hope they pass very quickly.  I try to remember that I will miss these young days when she's older (which seems very hard to believe right now), so I just grin & bear all her silliness. :wink:

Kathy

p.s. Alli - Should we stop writing on this thread & create another one?  How do we do that?  Does everyone still want to keep this thread going?  I hope so.

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2005, 02:23:53 am »
Well, if you ladies don't have a problem with having the thread this long, I'll leave it for now.  Just tell me when you are ready to start another, ok?

Zachary is doing well.  I wish he would just crawl or scoot or SOMETHING.  He's getting frustrated and he's sooooo close.  Just before he acutally does it, he gives up and lays his head down to suck his fingers.  He won't even get up on his knees by himself.

Still no sign of teeth. :roll:  :lol:

Jake'smom--I've had Z on stage 2s for a while.  He has 2 jars in the morning....appx one jar at lunch and 1.5  jars for dinner.   I don't think you're supposed to introduce meats till 8-9 months but I could be wrong (I should know this stuff, right? :oops:  :wink: )
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2005, 03:28:46 am »
Hi all,

As you may or may not know I've been having a rough time. Dd is VERY cranky and sleep is hit or miss. She too wakes at the 30 min. mark and sometimes will go back down sometimes not. The nights have been all over the map too. Today she was running a fever of just over 101. We see the doc in the am so we'll at least figure out if it's her reflux again or not. Dh has been a Godsend with support. Dd just loves him to bits. He can make her laugh like no one else! He took today and tomorrow off work so I'm having a bit of a break. (and a few bottles of wine... :wink: Just kidding. ...okay so a glass or two.)

Try not to worry too much about Jaydn not eating Kathy. Just keep it as light as you can though it's soooo frustrating! She'll eat when she wants to. Though it is so hard when you are going to all the effort isn't it. I am feeling like that in general these days. Are you giving dd water? I know there's conflicting opinions about that too but we give dd small sips from a cup at her meals and she will always eat more then. It's funny... I can't eat without drinking myself!  :lol: And yes we started lunch at 6mo. But it's still smaller than the other meals. That's when I give her avocado and yogurt.  I don't know about stage 2 food as I'm making it but I just started giving Ella chicken. I pureed poached chicken with parsnip and carrot. She makes the weirdest faces when she eats it but she gobbles it all up. Veggies are the worst for us. When she has broccoli you'd think I'm trying to poison her! She'll have none of it!  :lol:

Oh and Kathy, what about giving dd cereal you can mix with water? then you wouldn't have to pump... she's getting enough milk otherwise anyway... I don't know about teething biscuits as we haven't introduce wheat and most of them seem to have it. We tried baby mummums but as much as she likes them they just dissolve so don't really do much for teething. I wanted to wait until 8 months for wheat but I think I may do it sooner. Dd has had oatmeal and that has gluten in it so... The rice cereal may be what's bugging Jaydn too. Some babes have a real hard time with it. Water could also help that... maybe barley cereal too? I do give cereal for brekky and dinner. Not lunch. And I alternate oatmeal and rice with formula already in it and organic brown rice.

Jennifer that's awesome with the naps!!! And I'm glad the teething monster is giving you a break!

Alli, dd has taken to yelling because she can't crawl. She wants to so badly. She inches backwards now and that just p's her off even more!  :lol: She won't get on her hands and knees either.

And yes I want to keep this thread. You guys are my mummy's group!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline caljaccol

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2005, 05:19:54 am »
Grrrrrr  what a week.  When one gets pinkeye they ALL get pinkeye.
Dd4 has a terrible bout of it right now.  I think that her plugged tear duct is making her pinkeye symptoms look worse!  To top that off she also has a head cold so her nose is running and she has an awful cough.

Sharon that is too bad that your dd isn't having anything to do with sleep schedules right now.  I am sure it is just a phase and that things will get better soon.  My dd has a fever too and just wants to be cuddled.  Lying down isn't on HER agenda!

Alli, I am in that just crawl already stage too.  Of course once that stage hits we are really in trouble aren't we :roll:

Jaydnsmom, I have been feeding dd Digestive's cookies by Dare.  I also have some pablum ones but I found them too messy!!!! 

Jakes_Mom, dd has been on the stage 2's for about a week now.  She gets little amounts of meats right now.   I would say she eats about 3 tbsp of stage 2's at lunch time,  1/2 c of cereal for breakfast (not all at once, in a few stages) and a jar of veggies/fruit at supper.

Is anyone else having trouble keeping their lo's cool during the hot summer days?  I dress dd in the lightest clothes I can find, park her in the shade and offer her lots of liquid.  Still she is getting heat rashes.  Going to be a tough summer if my other lo's can't spend all their time outside.

Have a great night everyone.
Dawn
Sahm to: dd 7, dd 5.5, ds 4.5, dd 3 years, dd 15 months

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2005, 16:51:32 pm »
So many things to reply... i hope i remember them all. 

Kathy,  i was once told that babies inherently know how to regulate their systems and only eat what they need.  Not sure if i believe that myself since jake will eat till he pucks!  As sharon mentioned, maybe it is the rice cereal, jake hates it.  i give him oatmeal and barley(his favorite)  Do you bf her more when she refuse to eat or is she just not eating?  Jake eats a lot less when a tooth is getting ready to come through. 

alligirl, i too was told to wait on meats till ds is older but was thrown when i saw all of these meats available for stage 2's (which is for 6-8mo)  anyway, i did some more research and will stick to the orginial diet but with the stage 2 foods. 

Sharon, i feel for you... i hope ds will feel better soon, keep us posted. 

caljaccol, Jake gets very hot also.  i try to limit outside time but i have that luxury since he is my only one.  good luck

gotta jet, jake is up and yelling.  :lol:

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2005, 23:38:12 pm »
Wow Dawn... I am sorry it's so rough for you right now!!! It is nice to hear from you at any rate. I don't know where in BC you are but the weather here has been sucky. Though you've made me count my blessings about heat now!  :)

Just wanted to share a bit of good news. Took dd to the doc this am. They think it's a combination of teething and her reflux acting up so they've upped the meds. Hopefully it'll help. The good news is they aren't worred (which makes me less worried) as she's putting on weight nicely. She's 20lbs and 28". Yippee!!!!! I get so excited when she gains. I'm sure I've told you all before but she was born at 8lbs 6oz and went down to under 6lbs in the first month so... even though I try not to dwell on it I just get so happy when she's thriving.

Sleep is still hit and miss and we are starting our days way too early but I'm trying to make myself just roll with it. Hopefully we can kick it with a combination of the right medicine and just sticking to our routine.

Hope you're all doing okay. I look forward to hearing updates on everyone.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2005, 00:15:16 am »
Sharon - so glad to hear that everything is good.  And just remember that when you wake at 5 or so with dd, know that over here in Alberta, my dd and I are probably up for an hour already as well!!!   :lol:  :roll:  I know how you feel about the weight gain, with my dd's reflux every ounce gained is worth celebrating!  Although now, she is getting a little fussy with feeding.  No solids now for 3 weeks, not even the food from my plate which she used to like.   :roll:

Jennifer - you can try stage 2 after 6 mos.  Our ped, says that it is ok to offer them meat and he suggested to try chicken first as it is more agreeable than the other meat products.

Kathy - I'm with you on the waking up in the morning and remaining very quiet.  DD used to hit the railings or the mattress or call out to tell me that she's awake but every now and then she would just lie there very quietly.  It is soooo difficult to time the first nap. 

Caljaccol - would you pass some of the hot weather up here to Calgary?  It's been raining for 3 weeks now and the city is almost overflowing with water!  I would love to have some of your nice weather!  When we do get some nice hot days, I just try to avoid going outside between 11-4.  We just hit the shopping centers during those hours.

Alligirl - that is so cute with Zachary taking a break to suck his fingers.  Dd is trying so hard to crawl forward but after two steps, she does a face plant. 

It's amazing the things the los are learning to do at around this age.  DD thinks that it's a game to unfasten her diaper (don't know how she learned that!), sit up from her tummy, splashing during bath time ( got to get her into the big tub soon!) and fight over the remote with daddy :lol: .

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2005, 01:21:31 am »
only have a sec as dd needs her bath but thought i would have a quick read and i just have to say...Mimi... dd's sitting up from her tummy??!! That deserves a big congratulations!!!!  :D
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2005, 21:25:25 pm »
Hi...this is my first time on Babywhisperer...I'm looking for information and help...I posted the following under Naps as well, but I saw that there is a thread about baby's my fella's age....He was born the end of November '04....

Last week, my baby turned 7 months old...also last week, something has changed in his sleeping pattern. It used to be that he would have a short nap every 2 to 2.5 hours, then go to bed at 7 or 7:30...
All the sudden, he has a 1 hour nap in the morning, and a 3 to 4 hour nap in the afternoon, but then is up until 9:30 or 10:00.
He always wakes for a bottle of milk at 1:00 am...I cannot seem to break him of this habit no matter how late I feed him in the evening (if I last fed him at 7:00 he would wake up at 1:00, if I last fed him at 11:00 he would wake up at 1:00)...and he awakes between 5:00 and 6:00 am...

Is this normal...is there anything I can do to go back to the 7:30 bed time...is there anything I can do to adjust his 1:00 am habit?

Any help is appreciated...I'm new, this is the first time I've posted anything...hopefully somebody will have some tips....

Thanks...

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:55 am »
Jellybeansmith - Welcome.  I think that the 3-4 hr nap in the afternoon is affecting the bedtime.  Could you wake him after 1 or 2 hrs of sleep so that he can go to bed at around 7:30pm?  I know that with dd, she needs to be awake for at least 3 hrs before she can go to bed for the night at 7 pm.
Also, if the nightwaking is always at 1 am, then it is a habit.  Does he take a full feed?  There is two ways you can break this habit.  First is to slowly decrease the amount of milk (1 oz or so) every few days or dilute the milk until it's just water.  Hopefully he will take the hint and sleep through.  Second way is to go cold turkey and use pat/shh, pu/pd or whatever you normally do to settle him back to sleep.  If there is another way, I'm sure that the other moms will jump in to help.  HTH

Sharon - we are so happy when she learned how to sit up.  The amazing thing is that just five min before she couldn't figure out how to unbend her legs to stablized herself.  She kept on pushing her body up with her hands but her folded legs were getting in the way.   With the long weekend coming up, dh and I will have to start childproofing the house and do a thorough cleaning.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2005, 02:02:46 am »
I agree with Mimi.  The afternoon nap is too long and it's throwing off the nights.  Dd lately has been napping 1 1/2 hours after being awake for 2 1/2 in the am, then napping 1 to 1 1/2 in the afternoon with 3 hours of awake time in between. That leaves about 3 1/2 to 4 hours before bedtime. We've been tweaking her bedtime but lately it's been 6:45 and she's up between 5:30 and 6:30. Does that make sense? Do you have any of the books? I think my suggestion would be to tackle the nap times first with a consistent bedtime and then after that's straightened out a bit...tackle the night feed. There's a lot of good info on this site about it all.  :D  I hope that's some help!! Feel free to ask any questions here though too.

Mimi, again that's just awesome! It's weird isn't it... I get so excited the more mobile dd gets and yet I know it's going to change everything all over again in a BIG way!

Hope you're all doing well.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to