Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122774 times)

Offline alligirl

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2005, 02:00:50 am »
Not much has changed here, (well, I don't want to jinx anything! :wink: ) but I just wanted to pop in and say hi and to tell you Z finally cut his first tooth this morning!  I had no idea he was even trying to cut a tooth....his naps have been a tiny bit shorter than usual, but he's been sleeping GREAT at night (still not jinxing) and his mood has been fine.  I had no clue till I was letting him chew on my fingers while  played on the 'puter this morning and I felt something strange...it must have just broke through because he didn't have it when I put him down for his first nap.  He's such a sweet little soul!

:D
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #226 on: July 04, 2005, 20:56:53 pm »
Hi Ladies,  Just wondering if I can join in.  My lo is just over 7 months now and has just started crawling this past weekend.  He is a pretty easy going little guy who likes to be on the go! 

Are any of you having luck with introducing sippy cups?  I have tried, but we don't seem to be getting too far.  Although I just started trying one by Nuby that he seems to be more interested in, at least now he will put it in his mouth and tries to get some water out - that normally just ends up all over his shirt.  Oh well, I guess he will catch on sooner or later...

It so nice to read all the posts about lo's close to Peter's age.    Looking forward to chatting with your all.

Jen
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2005, 23:13:43 pm »
Welcome Jen! We've been trying the sippy cup thing too but dd's not having any of it other than she thinks it makes a pretty good teether! She'll drink water out of a the cup with no lid though...

Jenn, we did the same as Cazao with the df. We too start our days now between 5:30 and 6.  :cry: Still tweaking bedtimes to see if it helps but her naps are all over the place too! On a good day she naps for 1 hour and 1 1/2 hours. Then always 11 to 11 1/2 overnight. Though today she thought 20 minutes was good in the aft. and it took 45 min of pu/pd to get another 45 min out of her!!! Not sure if that was the right call! And I can't decide if she the early wakings are her clock...and it doesn't matter what time she goes to bed... or if changing the bedtime will work. So frustrating!

Mimi that's so awesome about the crawling! Good thing you decided to baby proof!  :lol: Ella's trying to move still... only problem is she goes backwards. Then she gets more frustrated because whatever she's trying to get to gets farther away!! She pivots around a lot to try and reach stuff to so with this weird mix she can pretty much cover the living room.  :lol:

Alli that's wonderful about the tooth!! Glad it wasn't too disruptive!

Kathy, dd too has been eating less. I find it goes in waves. Lately she only wants a few bites and that's IT.

Lindsey, I agree with the others advice about naps. Probably time to transition down to 2...

On a good note here, dd has been much much happier so I think the medicine dose increase was the right thing to do. ~whew~   :)

Hope you're all having a great day, and I hope I haven't missed anything!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2005, 01:22:37 am »
Hi There, today Connor went for his 6 month shot..he was a little delayed as he had a kidney infection at 3 1/2 months, and they had to run all sorts of tests to see if he had kidney reflux or not..

He is 23 lbs!!!, and 74 cm long..He is a very big boy...How do other boys out there compare??

Does anybody had a child with a potential peanut allergy?  Connor may have one...I was talking to the dr today, and it sounds likely...I had had a peanut butter sandwich a few minutes before playing with him...I kissed his tummy to make him laugh, and withing a few minutes, whereever my mouth had touched, he had hives...These type of allergies seem so common now...........

Jill

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2005, 01:40:09 am »
Wow, Jill!  23 pounds?  At 7 months, Zachary weighed 15.5 pounds (at 6 months Stephen weighed not quite 13!) :shock: !
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline jlumom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2005, 03:13:04 am »
Wow I'm so glad to see this thread is still going!!!  This original thread was my lifeline when Alexis was born.

Haven't been on the boards in quite some time......having a tough time getting the time to get on.  I can't wait to read up on all of those Oct-Dec 04 babies...and then I'll post back about Alexis!!!
Robin
Mom to Jake
10-03-02
&
Alexis 10-28-04
 &
Zoe 5-23-06

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2005, 11:05:34 am »
I know...I know....He is getting big to carry!!...It seems genetics plays a bit of a roll...I'm 5 foot 9, and my husband is 6 ft...both of us have a solid bone structure...my brother was 30 lbs at 1 year...and my nieces and nephews were mostly big babies...Connor has always been way above average.  I asked my dr about it..she said that he is overweight, but once he gets moving, it should level out...(I hope)

He is definitely a handful!!!!! (I should say armfull!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2005, 12:25:28 pm »
omg Jill, you must have some muscule on you.  I thought jake was big, he is 19lbs and 30 inches.  no allergies here, thank god!

Sharon, so glad to hear Ella is feeling better, hope you are getting some peaceful rest now.  Jake is now consistently waking between 5 and 6 :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  it is driving me nutty  :(  We moved the dreamfeed back to the original time.  he is eating more so it is hopefully the growth spurt :?

Welcome petes mom...we are working on sippy cups also, Jake likes the nuby cup too  :lol: but as yours he spills it all over his face and clothes.  i think they are all young still and we dont need to worry too much.

well tomorrow i start work, i have to work a full day for paperwork and meetings. i am excited but i know i will cry and miss Jake.   Luckly my sister will be there. 

wish me luck :cry:  :lol:

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2005, 13:55:57 pm »
Welcome back Robin! As you can see we're "post happy" over here!  :lol:

The peanut allergy...wow! That's wild! I guess it's good to find out now though... you must have been so shocked! We've been lucky so far. No food issues yet... hopefully it stays that way.

Dd is 20lbs and 71 cm (28") so she's big too, for a girl... I'm 5'6" and dh is 6' but I have a brother who is 6'7" so I guess dd does have the possibility of being a big girl!!  :D

We put dd down last night at 7:15 and she woke at six but chatted until 6:30 so I guess that's a bit better for us but I'm still worried it's not enough sleep! (for her that is)

Good luck with work Jenn!! It'll be tough the first while but it's very exciting! We'll be thinking of you...

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2005, 15:41:24 pm »
hey there everyone. our `little girl` is 22lb 5oz  :shock: me and dh are both tall so i guess she`ll stretch into tall and skinny eventually. it`s an amazing lesson for me though on people`s (including my own) views about fat...absolutely everyone talks about her chunkiness/fat within about 30 seconds of meeting her (and me and dh often refer to it too...we`re as guilty as everyone else)...talk about starting these messages early...no wonder girls end up with so many body issues.  anyway..we`re back into teething and i think that`s being complicated by mobility stuff at night. she`s commando-crawling backwards at quite a speed now (found her wedged backwards under the bed yesterday) and when she wakes at night i find her up on all fours moving around like crazy. so i`ve been picking her up and cuddling her back to sleep but last night i figured i had to do something else so tried to comfort her in the crib by rubbing her back, letting her suck my finger etc. anyway, after about 40 minutes it worked...she fell back to sleep and now it`s 8.40am and she`s still sleeping. yay!!! i`m so happy we may be able to find a way to comfort her at night that isn`t picking her up and cuddling/feeding and isn`t PU/PD (i was dreading that). ooops...now she wakes...have a good day everyone...
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline Cody's Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2005, 00:21:11 am »
Hi everyone, it's the first time I post under this thread and I'm still trying to catch up with all the posts here when ds goes to sleep at night AND after I've done some housework :cry:

Ds is never a big baby but has long legs that makes him look older than he is. He can still wear some top for 6-months old but has to go for 9-12 months trousers. (I'm pretty small but dh is quite tall.)

Anyway, he couldn't sit up by himself until he passed 7-month mark and all of a sudden in the past few weeks he's been trying to crawl (backward still  :lol: ) and can also stands up while holding our fingers and even made a couple of little steps  :D Man, he's really growing now, a bit too fast for us to take in. But saying that, we still haven't seen any teeth yet  :?

He's gone through a two-month's long bottle strike and it was really a nightmare. ILs used to love to feed him but now they're so scared of feeding him as sometimes he'll waggle or scream from the beginning of a feed  :cry:, though things have improved in the last couple of weeks.

That's all for tonight. It's my bedtime finally (at 01:00  :wink: )
Joby

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2005, 01:56:12 am »
WOW!!! Where have I been the last couple of days?  I've got some catching up to do! :lol:

Welcome back Robin, you've got some reading to do, hee hee.

Welcome to the board Joby!! - 2mo bottle strike!!??  What's he eating then?  I would be so stressed out.  I worry about nothing as it is. :oops:

Alli - YEAH  :D  :D  TOOTH!!  I know what you mean by not knowing he was cutting teeth.  Now with Jadyn's 2 teeth out, with the anticipation of the others coming out is worse than the actual 2 when it was coming out.

Sharon - I'm so glad Ella's medicine is working.  :D  This solid stuff is throwing me for a curve though.  I think I've figured out that she does not like to eat breakfast, which is funny cause I hate breakfast!!  She will not eat but a bite for morning, but for her dinner, I can't get her to stop eating these days.  Just when I think I might have a clue.....  I gave her sweet potato today & she just ate it up.  She even opened her mouth wide!!  Should I just not offer her breakfast any more?  She does take a lot of milk (bf) first thing in the morning.  I wonder.

Jake's mom - Good luck with your first day.  I know it will be tough, but as soon as the first day is over, it gets much easier.

Welcome also Jen - I gave my lo the sippy cup today for the first time.  She could't figure it out.  All she did was chew on it and kept making that noise biting on the lip part :roll: I figured since she's holding the bottle by herself she could figure out the sippy cup.  Oh well I guess I will just wait a little longer. 

Cazao - I guess the 'commando crawling' is at this stage.  I put a big sheet on the floor & let her just go all over it and she goes backwards & ends up on right near the coffee table & she gets stuck and gets mad. 

Jadyn is going through a huge separation anxiety AGAIN!!  She can't make up her mind!!!  I put her in the carseat & told her I will be right back & to talk to her sissy.  I shut the door & went to get her food to take with us shopping & when I came back, daddy had her out of the car!!  She had huge crocodile tears in her eyes :cry:  When she saw me she started to smile.  She's so sweet.  Her naps were pretty consistent except for Sat. where she took 3 45min naps :?  It's almost like she knows when things are off & it's the weekend.
BTW I thought Jadyn was big at 17lbs 28in!  Wow. All the babies seem to be off the chart for weight!!  I always wondered who actually decided what's ok & not ok & what's ont he chart & not on the chart. :roll:  I'm just glad my lo has fat rolls that I can take a bite out of & pinch :wink:  She is wearing 12mo clothes these days & size 3 in Pampers.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Kathy

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2005, 03:29:34 am »
Wow - there's so much to read.  I should be more consistent and keep up with the news.  Well I guess the dd is at the smaller scale as she is 18lbs and 28 inches.  Which is not bad as my back is really hurting by the end of the day from lifting and carrying her.  Anyway, with dd's mobility I'm finding that it's very hard to keep her from bumping her head into everything!!!!  We have glass doors on the tv stand and she kept bumping into them trying to get to the dvd player.  It's almost like a little bumper car - forward, bump, back off, forward, bump, back off, forward...  :roll:  :lol:   This went on for about 5 times today.  Maybe I should get one of those helmets for babies.   :wink:   

We are going to see a dietian tomorrow to discuss about dd's lack of interest in solids.  I'm not too concern but since the hospital has an open file on her since her refusal to drink any milk back at 2 mos, they are tracking her progress.  The only problem I have is taht the appointment is during her first nap and I'm not to feed her  milk 2-3 hrs before that.   And since she wakes at 6:30 am and the appointment is at 8 am, dd is going to be one cranky baby!!!  Maybe I can sneak in a couple of oz when she wakes.  Well, i hope she will try some solids for them to observe.  Gotta go to bed now.  Have a good night everyone.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #238 on: July 06, 2005, 03:31:11 am »
Welcome Joby!

Kathy I am starting to be right with you on the solids... dd has only eaten supper for the past few days.  :cry: I think you should still offer Jaydn breakfast though... we just keep trying and being "happy" about it and if she doesn't want to eat, well she doesn't want to eat. We are still keeping our mealtimes and trying to mix up the food hoping she'll eat again eventually.

It's too funny to read about everyone's lo's going backwards... I thought it was just our dd!  :lol: Imagine if we put them all in a room together!

We ended up having a long day today but dd did well... she wasn't put to bed until 7:30 though so I'm curious to see how long she sleeps tomorrow!!!!! I'll keep you posted.

Good night everyone!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2005, 12:42:36 pm »
Well...I finally got the 'Baby Whisperer' book yesterday...I can't put it down...I have a lot of work to do...I have definitely been doing some accidental parenting, and have reinforced some bad habits.  I'm going to observe the remainder of this week and start a schedule next week.
So far, I would say that Connor is an 'angel' temperment, so hopefully it won't be too bad, even though he is at that somewhat resistent age.

Has anybody else attempted E.A.S.Y at a later age? (4 mo +)...

Wish me luck!

I find it interesting to find out what all the other babies are doing...(and their sizes)...

Yes, I am developing quite the set of pipes for arms...I always was muscular before I was pregnant, so I guess I can handle him...My life has changed quite a bit, as I used to play 3 or 4 nights of sports per week (hockey, soccer, broomball, ball hockey), and worked out in between...now I am back to playing soccer once a week, and go to a gym a couple times a week, and I'm starting to feel strong again...so I guess I am fairly capable of handling him, however, I did have a lot of back problems earlier from lugging him around, but they seem to be going away)... So, I wonder if Connor will be an athlete (I'm not going to push him). 

You do get self-conscioius about the size of your baby when everybody says 'Oh my God, he's a big boy for 7 months', then he flashed them his giant smile, and they say, 'Oh my God, he's so cute!!'...And, given my background, I know that we will be a very active family, so in the long run, as long as our big babies are healthy and happy and active, it'll all level out!...

Gotta go...somebody needs a little nap I think..

Talk to you later..........
Jill