Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122873 times)

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2005, 01:56:17 am »
My lo found her thumb!!!!  I caught her once half asleep with her thumb in sucking away and then while she was on the couch playing!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!! Yipee!!  :D  :D If I can just get her to keep it there, esp when she's trying to fall asleep.  Her gradual weaning is on & off these days.  I swear she smells me coming! :lol: She starts sucking on the paci more and then puts her little fist close to it, as if to tell me "back off!"  I chuckle every time, but I still take it out.  Mean mommy. :P

She threw me for a loop last night when she woke after 30 mins at bedtime.  She has never done that!!  She was just on her back (she's a tummy sleeper) just cooing and smiling.  Too cute.  She finally went off to sleep at 9:30pm.  I had put her to sleep at 7:45pm.  I think I kept her up too late from her catnap.  We were out buying a refrigerator :oops:
Then today for her first nap she only did 1 1/2 which she usually does 2hrs to 21/2hr and then her second nap she never did fall asleep!!  So I had to take her outside, lightly raining, and walked in her still in the Snugli til she finally fell asleep.  Of course she woke up after 20 mins when I came in and laid her on the couch with her in the Snulgi.  I got really nervous during the night time routine, thinking she was going to pull what she did last night.  She went off without a hitch.  Thank goodness.  I even took out the paci out, even though I was scared it would wake her for good.

My husband gave her some mashed up carrots at dinner time and she liked it!!!  I didn't know what to think about that.  I'm not ready for her to go on food yet.  I want to be the sole source for her food for now.  Of course when I tried to nurse her at bed time she kept on getting off my breast.  After trying for about 5 mins and crying (me, not her) my letdown finally happened and she nursed a little.  Whew.  I'm always paranoid she won't nurse any more.  I don't know what I'm going to do when she needs to be weaned.  That won't be for another year, but I dread it already.  Pitiful, aren't I?

Where did everyone go?  How's your lo's doing? What are they doing?

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2005, 03:18:49 am »
Hi all,

Kathy that's great about Jadyn's thumb... I'm terrified to wean Ella from her paci. Though she only wants it now to sleep... we were having such a hard time in the beginning with her reflux and me not being able to keep up milk wise she became positively addicted to her soother! When she was in a great deal of pain she would suck furiously and her little eyes would roll around.  :cry: Poor wee girl!

I left a post on the sleep thread yesterday... dd has been doing much better with her naps since we started extending her awake time but now she is waking at 5:15 rarin' to go!!  I don't know what to do about it.  We have the room super dark, we shush pat, etc. and usually she'll play with her "aquarium" (we changed from a womb sound machine to the wave noises on a fisher price gift we received) for about 20 min. but she won't go back to sleep.  We can keep her happy until about 6:30 when we get her up and change her, give her her meds, etc and feed at about 6:45. She'll drink a full 8oz. bottle but I don't think it's hunger waking her as she has always been extremely vocal when she's hungry. Meaning she goes straight to screaming!  :lol: We were at the doc today and she's not as heavy as I thought...17lbs... and she's having two solid meals a day plus (for the past 4 days about) close to 38 oz.  So I'm thinking maybe it's that the liquid isn't sustaining her anymore and she needs more solids?? I don't know if we should add lunch or just try and give her a bit more at breakfast and dinner.  I did re-introduce rice cereal this eve on the advice of the doc and she gobbled up a tablespoon of it plus a cube of pears so.... any advice would be most welcome!

And congrats sprouts mom on the rolling over!

Oh and I know what you mean about weaning off the breast.. I had too at  8 weeks due to Ella's reflux.  As I said I couldn't produce enough and once she had formula supp. after about a week she wouldn't go back to the breast. I had enough milk stored to give her EBM for another week and that was it.  She lost so much weight when she was sick we started the formula when we were back in the hospital and I was soooo torn!  I wanted to bf more than anything but we could make sure she was getting the proper amount so much easier with bottles. Boy I tried everything!  I rented a big electric pump, went on meds to help me produce more, pumped and fed constantly... nada.  Now I am very torn. On one hand my girl is chubby and soooo happy and healthy but I miss it! I obviously want what is best for her but I must admit I still tear when I see other mums bf! It's such a special bond!  But now with bottles I snug her in close and we cuddle and I also get in the bath with her everynight so we have some "us" time.

I'm getting all sentimental!  It's just such an amazing experience becoming a mum... for all the work and stress, etc. don't you just look at your lo in complete awe sometimes?!  Wow. Little miracles...

Look forward to hearing from you all,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2005, 14:28:42 pm »
Hi once again...

Just wondering Lynne what's happening with Lindsey's naps.  Is she still fighting them?

And I just had to post again about dd.  Got to stay up a bit late last night as dh said he's do df and early a.m. so I could just do stuff last night for myself and not have to worry about getting up early (which only involved reading then passing out I'm so tired!  :lol: ) and guess what.  Ella slept until 7 when she had to be woken up! Great stuff but of course it's when it's dh's turn! :x  She did wake up 2x overnight but she'd rolled onto her belly and couldn't get back over and she went straight back to sleep. hhmmm....

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2005, 16:47:05 pm »
Hey Sharon.  Hope all is well with your lo.  Lindsey's naps are getting better but she still has good and bad days, kwim.   I still have been rocking or jiggling her to sleep for naps.  So far so good though.  I just can't seem to listen to her cry before her naps-it is just easier to do it that way. As soon as she closes her eyes I  hold her for a minute or so longer then put her down in her crib.  Thankfully at night she usually does not protest much anymore. She also will not even go into stage 1 sleep anymore while breastfeeding so she is awake 90 percent of the time when I put her to bed at night for bedtime.  She slept for an hour and 15 min this am and is currently napping.  Hopefully she will sleep til at least 1:30.  I put her down around 12:10. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 16:44:28 pm »
Hi everyone,

Haven't heard much lately and would love updates!  :D

Ella is doing well, finally had her second round of immunizations (she's behind because she was so sick in the beginning) and she took it like a trooper!  Still dealing with the odd sleep patterns as she flips around like a little monkey then gets scared when she wakes in a new position.  :D
Though lately she's decided sleeping on her side is the way to go.

Just having a lazy morning as dh has taken over for mother's day. The house looks like a bomb hit it!  :lol: But dd and dh are happy and of course so am I. Hope you're all having a wonderful mother's day!!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline taylor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 17:16:15 pm »
Hi everyone i have a little boy called zackary and hes just over 5 months he was born on the 28th of november 04.

he is a good little boy goes to bed at 7.30pm and thats him untill 8am.

He eats 2 meals a day and on 3 bottles  he will start on a breakfast  soon as my health vistor told me the other day he was suppoed to be one one the now.

He takes a good 9 ounce at every bottle feed.

But hes a small boy only weighs 13lbs 10 ounces but he was 10 days early and he weighed in at 6lbs 7ounces.

and i live in scotland.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:21 am »
Hi all,

Jadyn is finally sleeping through her 45min mark for the first nap.  Second one is a hit or miss, about 60% sleeps through it.  I am so happy!!  I darkened the room pitch black with blackout and I think it helped.  I also top her off for both of the naps for about 5mins. 

Lindsey's mom, I too have been rocking her for her winddown time, after I top her off, and I stand up from the glider and rock her in my arm for about a min and put her down.  I think I might be cheating because I'm putting her down when she's pretty much in her stage 1 sleep. :oops:  But it works really well, so I'm ok with it. 

Taylor's mom, wow, that's great your lo sleeps from 7:30 til 8am.  I'm very happy with mine going from 7:30 til 6:30am or 7am, but I would love it if she would go towards the 8am rather than the 6:30 am. :wink:

Still doing the gradual weaning and it's going well now.  She hasn't had the paci in her mouth to sleep at all after 5-10min of sleep.  I remove it very slowly now and she doesn't notice it much anymore.  What's funny is I give her the paci for the naps during the wind down and she knows what's coming.  She won't take it any other time except the sleep time.

Something new she's doing these days:  She doesn't yawn when she's sleepy anymore.  After being awake about 1 hr 40 mins, she starts this squealing, loud!!  And if I don't put her down within 10 mins, she screams & screams til she's red in the face!!  Has this happened to anyone?  She used to yawn & yawn and get sleepy eyes, but now it's this squealing loudly and almost like laughing and having a good time then seconds later is the screaming!!!  I had to come home from work, after I'd only gotten there 30mins.  My sister called & Jadyn was screaming so loudly I couldn't hear my sister trying to explain what was going on.  She was passed out by the time I made it home.  I drove like a crazy woman home!!!

She is so easy going any other time and so very sweet that I just can't stand it!!!  She's still chewing everything in sight and drooling like crazy.  She is smiling all the time and finally stopped crying when a stranger is talking to her.  She doesn't smile at them necessarily, but at least she's not doing her little lips and start crying.

Hope to hear about your lo's updates.

Offline taylor

• Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2005, 12:29:55 pm »
tks Jadynsmom he is a great boy he is my 3rd child so i got him into a rountine as soon as he was born and it worked

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 16:28:57 pm »
Hi again,

Alisa that's great about Ben's tooth!  :D  I keep thinking Ella will have teeth any day as the drooling has become even worse (I didn't think it was possible!) and now for the past three nights she refuses her catnap so we've been putting her to bed at 6:45 instead of 7-7:15 and she'll go down but has then been waking every 45 min to an hour!  :? Dh gave her some tylenol last night after the df and she slept a four-five hour stretch so.... I hope things straighten out soon. It always seems to be something!  :)

Taylor, Zackary sounds awesome!  How wonderful he sleeps so well! (btw my husband was born in Glasgow)

And Kathy, Ella has been doing the screaming thing off and on for a few weeks now. I think she's just finding her voice. And lately she's added these "coughing" noises. It's not really coughing but again, like she's found a new sound and so she makes it repeatedly.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline taylor

• Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 16:53:36 pm »
i just live outside glasgow my little boy looks small compared to your babys.

how big were ur babys when they were born.

zackary was 6lbs7ounce he was 10 days early.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 17:06:02 pm »
Ella was 8lbs 6oz and right on her due date, Nov.20th.  Also long almost 23 inches. (10:30 pm emergency c-section) Though I was in hard labour at hospital for 3 days.   :shock:  :D

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 17:23:14 pm »
blargh... having trouble making my posts work... testing??   :?
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2005, 03:49:10 am »
Taylor, my Jadyn weighed 8lb 12oz,  :shock:  she was a week early, had an induction.  They told me with 3 wks before the due date that she was almost 9lbs (I had gestational diabetes), so I was glad for the induction.  I'm only 5'5 & 127lb (pre-preg weight)gained 23lbs with her, so I was pretty much all baby. I thought for sure I would have a little baby and was hoping for a 6lb baby.  I lost all the weight within 2wks and a pound less than my pre-baby weight.  I didn't have any appetite,but I made myself eat so I could bf.

Sharon, my lo has added to her squealing, flipping over especially at bedtimes, drooling so much I almost need to get her a bib so I can save her clothes from being wet :roll: .  I know what you mean by not thinking she could drool any more than she already was!! 
She's pretty much dropping the 4pm catnap or trying really hard.  The thing about that is, she will get really drowsy when I hold her & sit in the glider but as soon as I put her down, she looks up and smiles as if she's saying "Boy, that was a good 5min nap.  I'm ready to get up now! :lol:  I guess I will have to do what you are doing as well and put her down at 6:30 rather than 7pm.  She stayed up til 7:30 tonight and was still not so ready to go to bed!  I wonder, isn't she too young to drop the 3rd catnap at 4 1/2 mo?  Her first nap is 2hr to 21/2 (if she gets past the 45mins) and the second nap is around 1hr 15 mins.  I am finally having success with her 45min wakes!! Yeah :D  :D

Hope to hear some more from all.

Offline caljaccol

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 05:43:36 am »
My cutie sat by herself today :D  Her daddy was eating and he told her that if she sat by herself he would share ( :roll: )  The little rat did it, she is such a daddy's girl.  Of course I wouldn't let her have the ice cream, but did give her some yummy carrots.

We have been having a few sleeping issues here.  She has a terrible cold so her cough keeps waking her up.  Last night I put her to sleep in the carseat (elevating her head :wink: ) and she slept much better.

My dd weighed 7lb 14.5oz at birth.  Pretty good since the U/S tech said I would never carry a baby bigger then 7.5lb. (I am 5'2, 110lb normally) She was actually my biggest out of all the kids.  Also the latest at 8 days over :x
Dawn
Sahm to: dd 7, dd 5.5, ds 4.5, dd 3 years, dd 15 months

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 14:38:13 pm »
Hello Ladies

Can I join the group?  I need some adult conversation as everyone around me is tired of hearing about dd.  But then everything she does is new to her and to me and I am so proud of her progress.  Anyway, some background about dd.  She's a very happy baby, on a flexible AES routine, used to have great naps and sleeps 7 - 7 am.  But now things are kinda screwy.  Now she wants to greet the day at 5 am (sometimes I can get her to sleep after a feed) and her naps are short and is showing signs of dropping the 3rd nap.  Is she ready for 2 naps???  Things I've learned as a new mom is to never expect things to be the same all the time.   :roll:   Oh well,  I am finally enjoying motherhood now as I have come accept dd's tendencies to throw me a curve ball or two every now and then.   :P   Like for the last few days, instead of yawning or rubbing her eyes, she would blow razzberries to tell me that it's time to eat and to sleep.  if I'm not quick enough, she's squeal!!! 

Gotta to go for my cup of java before she wakes from her nap.