Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122938 times)

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2005, 14:40:21 pm »
THanks for indulging me gals!!! :D

Happy Birthday Kathy!!! Sounds like a great day so far...and even better to come  :D  :wink:

This morning Zoe woke at 5:50.....getting better.....

ANy tips on how to get her to hold her own bottle.  No rush really....I have this bad habit of comparing her to John....and he was doing most of these things already.  I know all babies are different though  :D

I took Zoe to the pool for the first time last weekend.  She didn't particularly like it (too cold maybe?) but she loves to splash during bathtime.  We're going camping where there is a big beach in August and plan on trying again there.  I have this big floatly thing with a chair for babies...we'll see how she likes it  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2005, 15:02:57 pm »
It's great to be on the computer again.  We had a virus Trojan Horse?  from the sleepshufflelady website.  Be careful if you go to it.  Anyway, so goooood to read up on everyone.

Here's dd stats!

1.  Crawling - yes for a while now.
2.  Standing - yes but doesn't know how to get down.  Naps are ruined when this happens.   :roll:
3.  Sleeping thru 10-12hrs - since 3 mos with occasional nightwakings due to developmental events.
4.  Bottle - 4.5 bottles about 24-28 oz
5.  Solids - very little puree, but willing to try finger food and table food.  She just not taking enough to consider it a meal though.
6.  Babbling - yes, only said mama twice but loves saying dada and tata.
7.  Sitting up - yes
8.  Sippy cup - for 4 mos now - I've introduced it when she was 4.5 mos.  She didn't get the hang of it till a month after.  Will also drink from a cup but I have to hold it for her as she tends to tip it too much and the water just spills out.  Any los would sip the water and then spit it back out again?  Mine would do this sometimes.  I think that she likes getting her front wet or something. 
9.  Holds own bottle/cup - yes but too messy.
10.  Teeth - none so far
11.  seperation anxiety - not much during play time but nap/bedtime is another story.  Will not let anyone hold her for naps/feeding.   :cry:
12.  Wakeup - around 6-7 am with occassional days before 6 am.  Would try to feed her back to sleep, sometimes works sometimes not.  Like today, 5 am!!!!

Well, dd was a total mess yesterday.  I've tried to get her to nap outside of her room to prep her when I head back to work and it was really bad.  So I tried twice to get her to nap in her room in the pm and she wouldn't have it.  Between the crying and pulling up 40 min, I took her for a stroll and car ride( around the block) hoping that she'll nap.  Instead, she cried and threw up while I was driving.  I felt so bad!!!!!  But as I was about to pull over, she fell asleep.  Debating whether or not I should stop or keep driving, I drove.  I know that it's digusting to let her sleep while she's wet from the milk but she has been awake for 6-7 hrs by now.  She managed to sleep for 15 min until a bump in the road woke her up.  She was really really upset.  So we went home.  Gave her a bath and off to bed at 5:45 pm.  I could put her down as she would start crying as soon as I do so I held her in the dark for 15 min till she was asleep.  I feel so bad.  I don't know if I can leave her to go back to work now.   I spoke to a couple of the daycare providers and asked how they get babies to adjust.  They said that there will be days of crying and sleep disruptions but babies will adjust to the new routine.  I don't know what to do anymore.  My mom can take care of her but she can't hold her or rock to calm her down as my mom has arthritis (sp?).  Any thoughts?

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2005, 18:20:36 pm »
ok...here`s us.

1. Crawling - no, but kind of commando slithering backwards at quite a rate.
2. Standing - not really...only if we hold her up. 
3. Sleeping through night - since 7weeks  :lol: except for teething and developmental stuff.
4. Breastfed...4x per day
5. Solids - a few tbsps cereal and fruit at breakfast, 1/2 stage 2 jar and jar fruit for lunch, cereal, veg, fruit at tea. she`s well over 22lb and has always had a healthy appetite!
6. Babbling - kind of...does the squeals, ahhhs and `singing`, and saying mumumum a lot..no dada`s or any other `words` yet.
7. Sitting up - yes since 5months, but can`t get there on her own.
8. Sippy cup - trying to get the hang of it, but still a long way to go.
9. Holds own cup - not really, or at least only to tip it upside down all over her tummy or throw on the floor.
10. Teeth - 2 bottom ones about a month ago, definitely working on the top ones now.
11. separation anxiety - yes, still some at night...having to go back and pat her several times. not so much during the day..although she does that cute `playing shy` thing with everybody.
12. Wakeup - gone crazy the last few days. has always been between 7am-8am..the last couple of days it was 9am, which sounds great, but led to ONE nap only, about lunchtime, and then an extraordinarialy grumpy baby till bedtime, and then one who kept waking because she was overtired. this morning i woke her as i don`t want to repeat that experience!! she`s completely extending her wake time though...about 3 hours before first nap now, and 3.5hours before second...

lil`monkey.. not sure what to suggest about the going back to work...i haven`t had to do that yet and i know i will hate to leave georgia when the time comes, but i do know that everyone says how quickly babies adjust and how much good it does them to be with other people...and it`s way worse for us than it is for them, so i guess i`d say try not to let your concerns hold you back...your lo will probably be absolutely fine.

happy birthday kathy!!
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2005, 20:53:37 pm »
Hi...here's Connors rundown....

1. Crawling - no...gets his knees up under him then his front end collapses (too chubby...24 lbs at 8 mo)
2. Standing - only if held up (loves to bounce..used to jollyjumper)
3. Sleeping through night - Not a chance...wakes up at least a couple times a night
4. Feeding - he was bottle fed (I didn't make a drop)...about 6 or 7 ounces every 4 hours or so..
5. Solids - 3 meals a day...Loves all cereal...all vegetables, all fruits, but nothing with 'texture' (still needs to be mush)...I tried cheerios the other day, and he gagged and threw up all over...no finger foods.
6. Babbling - squeals, yells, makes whirring or purring noises (rolling the tounge), aa-ga, aa-ba, mumumum.
7. Sitting up - yes, but still forgets what he's doing a falls over if he doesn't concentrate.
8. Sippy cup - yes, but it comes out too fast sometimes and he gags
9. Holds own bottle/cup - yes, but sometines forgets what he's doing. He's quite independent, he prefers to hold it on his own.
10. Teeth - working on number 6!!! Had first one at 3 months old
11. separation anxiety - yes...but no 'stranger anxiety' -- loves just about everybody and will go to anybody, but then discovers I'm not around...
Feels the need to check up on me several times a night
12. Wakeup - about 7 am.

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Little Isaiah's routine and milestones
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2005, 21:15:28 pm »
1. Crawling - no...He gets on his hands and toes with his rear in the air and doesn't know what to do!
2. Standing - loves to hold our hands and stand or walk around
3. Sleeping through night - Yup- sleeps from 8 to 7 am (Yes, heavenly, I know)
4. Feeding -Down to 24 ounces of formula or so. 3 bottles daily. 
5. Solids - Loves them. Loves texture, chunks etc. 
6. Babbling - Big into "babababa" right now, as well as "ssssss". Otherwise mostly just garbled up sounds
7. Sitting up - Yes
8. Sippy cup - Yes, drinks from the Nuby brand with a "sippy nipple"
9. Holds own bottle/cup - Just learned this one and  you can tell he just things he's the coolest when he does
10. Teeth - Has 6 currently and I think is working on 7 and 8. (They just get easier for us though, thankfully. The first four were awful experiences!)
11. separation anxiety - Yes, I find myself frequently having to reassure him while he plays alone, and for about 10 seconds after I walk away he just screams. Yesterday was Reeeeeally bad, (wonder if he wasnt feeling well?) and I couldn't walk away without him just sobbing- once for 10 min.  even with reassurance. Ugh.
12. Wakeup - about 7 am.
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Mimi-
« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2005, 21:25:56 pm »
I know something that Tracy always emphasizes in her books is patience. Even for very young babies she says to try new things for at least 3 days and observe a lot. Give your lo time- and yourself, too- to adjust to this (napping in new places, day care, etc.)
Hope the situation will become easier over the next few days!
Sarah
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #336 on: July 28, 2005, 14:02:48 pm »
Oh my goodness :o i feel like i have been gone for ages with all of the new posts.  This is fun to see where everyone is.  Here is Jakes:

1. Crawling -  Nope, ds is a big guy but doesnt seem to be able to coordinate his back with his front. He can barely roll from his belly to his back but rolls from back to belly.
2. Standing - all the time with help
3. Sleeping through night - since 3mo.  Rarely ever wakes in the night
4. Feeding - 4 bottles-approx 24oz
5. Solids - his favorite thing to do is eat.  3meals, B:jar oatmeal&fruit, L: 1jar fruit\1/2jarveggies, D:1/4c barley\1jar meat&veggies
6. Babbling - all the time, mama&baba but loves to scream long and hard when playing
7. Sitting up - since 6mo but still falls over and cant get up from laying position
8. Sippy cup - since 6mo, also using nuby cup but usually just spits the water out.  sort of like he is playing with it
9. Holds own bottle/cup - yes-bottle.  usually grabs the bottle out of my hands before i get a chance to sit and give it to him.  usually lets me take over after a few minutes (i think it gets heavy)
10. Teeth - 6!!! all came one after the other but havent seen any in site for a few weeks. 
11. separation anxiety - i thought he did but i think he just likes to have attention on him.
12. Wakeup - was 6-630 (always an early waker) but still battling 530 wakeup!!! :roll:

Well gotta jet, going to work. 

Jenn

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2005, 14:27:06 pm »
Kathy- Happy Birthday! 

Mimi - I know how you feel about going to work.  I go back tomorrow. We were going to put my lo in daycare, but found a lady near the school where I teach who wants to keep her.  I'm still very nervous.  I took her for half  a day just for a trial run and she cried for 30 minutes before napping and then only napped 45 min.  Everyone says they adjust quickly, but Susana has never done well with changes in routine.  I know she'll adjust eventually, I'm just worried about how much patience the lady will have with her.
Phoebe

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2005, 15:09:38 pm »
Only have a second, dd wouldn't go to bed  last night, it took 2 hours, then woke up in the middle of the night, downed an 8oz bottle and finally went back to sleep after an hour only to wake 5 hours later!!  :shock: And now I have to go to work.... :? Anyway just wanted to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!!   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D The big 4-0!

Hope it was fantastic!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2005, 19:16:04 pm »
Thanks you guys for my b-day wishes!!! We had a great time last night.  We had my sister watch the kids and I was a little heistant, but Jadyn did great.  She didn't get her last bf til 8pm & bed at 8:15 but she was soooo sweet.  Not a single fuss.  Right out!!

She's teething worse than ever!!!!  I see the white bump on her top gum and she's been really chewing everything in sight.  She woke this morning at 5am :shock:  :shock: Would not settle til I nursed her and went back to sleep in our bed.  I had to wake her at 8:30 so our routine wouldn't be so out of whack.  But, wow, she's sooo clingy today.  I was trying to make some homemade chicken salad and was pulling the meat by hand so I couldn't pick her up and she cried the whole time!!  I was right in front of her.  I finally held her and she had tears all down her cheeks!!! 

I tried to give her some peaches this morning so she could poop, but she fought it the whole time.  :?  I finally gave up after 15mins.  I don't think I will give her any breakfast any more.  It's just too hard.  She didn't even want Cheerios.

She's all happy now cause Daddy's home & playing with her on the floor.  She's just smiling & giggling!!  She's sooo cute.  She's very ticklish & just giggles when he bites her tummy!!

Kathy

Offline hannah'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2005, 19:51:59 pm »
I am so glad I found this thread. Prior to this when Hannah would do her "fake cough" I had no idea what she was doing and I didn't know it was actually normal. Guess it's her way of telling me she needs more attention.  I have a question for BF mom's, did you have any trouble weaning and if so how did you deal with them. I have to go back to work in November and I want to start weaning but she won't have anything to do with the bottle or sippy cup? It's very fustrating....

As for napping in other locations we are having the same issue. She will not sleep anywhere but her crib or playpen.

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #341 on: July 28, 2005, 20:57:00 pm »
oh ya, happy bday kathy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jenn

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #342 on: July 28, 2005, 21:42:28 pm »
HAPPY B-DAY KATHY!!!!

What's with dd crying when she wakes?  At first I thought that she needed more sleep but she wouldn't go back down.  Today she woke after 45 min and was babbling and happy but for her pm nap of 1.5 hr, she woke up crying! :?   Anyone going through this?  What's going on?

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2005, 00:06:47 am »
Happy Birthday Kathy  :D .  Glad to hear you had a nice evening out.
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2005, 01:47:10 am »
We are having a really hard time with teething.  She has both top ones coming in and it has given her a runny nose and diarrehea.  She has been pooping little balls for a month even taking the laxitive and prune juice but it all came out today.  It came out of the diaper from every side when she was feeding right before I went to work and went all over my skirt.   :roll:   Since DH is on vacation he got to clean her all up  :D First time that he has had to do that .  He is always the one handing her off to me.

She's also gotten up a little earlier every day and today it was like 5:30!  I was so bummed!  I just hope that she gets up later since I am off on Fridays. 

Glad you had a great birthday Kathy! 

Good luck with going back to work.  I know how hard it is.  I am just so lucky because the three days a week that I work we have a nanny that comes to the house to watch her. 

Can your lo get into the sitting position on his/her own?  Mine can't yet and there is no sign that she is close.  Not close to crawling yet, but is pulling herself up to her knees! 

Wishing everyone a long night of sleep!
Ree November 2004