Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122943 times)

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2005, 23:14:07 pm »
Yup! Remote controls and phones of any kind are definitely the toy of choice around here!  :lol:

Still trying to figure out dd's schedule. She will not nap without 4hrs of awake time!!!  :shock:  :? Which doesn't work if she sleeps 11 hours overnight... or even if we woke her after 10... blargh. She woke 2x overnight last night too. I guess in a wierd way I'm lucky as she has never liked to be rocked to sleep. She just shoves me if I try to hold her at all.  :lol: She does want her head and back rubbed for DAYS though! I've even taken to giving her little leg massages which she loves.

I had to do a bit of work this am so I took dd next door to the neighbours and apparently while there dd crawled!  :shock: Of course dh is out of town too... I have yet to see a repeat performance but it's exciting nonetheless. She also sat up by herself once today. What a busy week!

Dd actually seems to be through the whining stage (knock on wood) she still gets cranky but isn't whining quite as bad these days.

We switched to a bigger car seat a few months back as the infant seat just made dd vomit.  :cry: She loves the big one!

Sharon

oh and yes! great looking babies!!!!  :lol:
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2005, 00:32:59 am »
Hey Sharon....with Ella Rose crawling and sitting up on her own....I bet that's related to her nap issues.....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!  :D

I put Zoe in her big car seat a few weeks back already....she's a little chunkola....weighed too much for her infant seat.  Plus, I could hardly lift the darn thing out of the van anymore  :lol:

Jillybeansmith.....with the working on your house...my kiddos usually slept through pretty good.  They a lot of times amazed me with how much they would sleep though - I know I certainly wouldn't be able to.  And if they did wake up, it was after the dreaded 45 minute mark, so we ended up putting in an extra nap.

So far, knock on wood....there hasn't been too much whining in our house.  Though I'm sure that's because her front teeth popped through...can't wait for the next one :shock:  :lol:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2005, 02:32:31 am »
Love all teh new pics.  I need to get an updated one from the 2 week old one now.

Starting to sound like Reegan is the only one that isn't crawling and I think that she is one of the oldest.  Oh well, she gets around just fine rolling.  She is actually starting the camando crawling with her belly still on the floor. 

We switched to a new car seat 5 months ago.  She was at the length limit.  I wanted to cry when I lost the portable seat! 

The whining is crazy here with the teeth still coming in.  She is starting to bang on my chest when she gets mad and scream at the top of her lungs!  Fun stuff! 

Sounds like everybody else is having the sleeping issues too!  She has been taking a 30 minute first nap and getting up at 5:30!  Just praying that she does better tonight.
Ree November 2004

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2005, 03:35:23 am »
Can I ask all you pro mommies a question?  For the last few days, Nathan has just been a grump!  He cries all throughout the day, has trouble with naps, and sometimes doesn't even want his binky (huge deal for him).  At night, he is up for 2 sometimes 3 hours SCREAMING.  I try Tylenol, binky, etc and nothing helps.  He sounds congested, and his saliva is really phlegmy.  But once he is out of his crib and playing around, I don't notice a runny nose. 

Does this sound like teething?  He got his bottom 2 in about a month ago.  If it is teething, how do you deal with it???  He is in obvious pain at night.  Do I do pick up/put down, hold him, bring him in bed with me?  Any advice would be fabulous...  I am so tired and hate to see him hurting...  :(
Sheila
ng

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2005, 05:39:23 am »
Hi Sheila,

It does sound like teething, but I'm not an expert.  I do not do p/u p/d with my lo when she's in pain. :( I do whatever to maker her comfortable and give extra cuddles.  I have known to bring her into our bed sometimes(ok a lot :wink: ), hold her a little extra when she's fussy & clingy, and give Motrin or Tylenol before bedtime.  I don't give it during the day since she seems ok when I hold her.  She also takes her paci out & chews on the handle of it and plays with it rather than sucking on it.  She was extra whiny today, she had tears in her eyes and could tell her teeth were really bothering her, so I just held her while I made dinner, ate my dinner, and tried to clean up.  She just needed a little extra cuddles & attention which I was happy to do. :D Hope he gets to feeling a little better.

Kathy

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #380 on: August 03, 2005, 13:19:11 pm »
I would say that that sounds like teething too...especially if its the top teeth I find they get plugged up..

Well, construction began on our basement this am, and Connor is napping soundly....(so far)....I took him down to see what was going on, and he was very curious about the appearance of a man in our basement..

By the way, Ree's mom....she is not the only one not crawling...Connor doesn't either...I think it's his weight (24 lbs)...His back end is a lot stronger than his front end, so the back end gets up and he does a face-plant into the floor, so I really don't push it, because he gets mad when this happens.  I'm not too concerned, he's strong & healthy, it'll happen when it happens.  He wiggles and shimmys and rolls whereever he wants to go...I almost lost him off the bed the other night, he wiggled off, and got stuck between the wall and the bed with only his big bum and legs holding him off the floor upside down...scary how mobile they can be even without crawling..............

Jill

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #381 on: August 03, 2005, 14:43:47 pm »
Hey Sheila,
It definitely sounds like teething to me too.  Have you tried Ibuprofen at all?  I know for me, Tylenol doesn't work...plus Ibuprofen works 6-8 hrs vs 4.  If they are in pain, I usually will do an alternate form of pu/pd where I will hold/rock them until calm and then for a few extra minutes and then lay back down (I repeat until calm when I lay down).  Normally I would pu and pd down right away.  Poor little guy, hope it gets better soon :D

MomtoRee...no crawling here either :D  THough she has the opposite problem than Connor...she can' t get her butt in the air  :lol:   ANd i so know what you mean about how mobile they are. Zoe was sitting in the corner of the recliner, with the recliner up and she went on her belly and somehow managed to wriggle up and fall off the side, in a matter of seconds?? And I was sitting right at the end of the recliner putting John's shoes on  :shock:  :cry:   I felt HORRIBLE...
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #382 on: August 03, 2005, 15:16:54 pm »
no crawling here either  :lol:
yup it sounds like teething to me. but i`d take him to the doctor just to rule out any other source of pain. when georgia`s teething (and she is terribly right now) i give medicine before bed every night (my doctor said you can do this pretty much for as long as it`s needed but suggested alternating between motrin and tylenol.) i find motrin works TONS better than tylenol, so we tend to stick to that when things get really painful. her last bout of teething a couple of months ago i`d almost always pick her up and cuddle/bf her back to sleep...this time round if she`s had her medicine and all else is well i find it works to put my hand on her back and stay with her until she`s calm. sometimes if things are really really painful and she`s trying to sleep but just can`t (squiriming all over the bed trying to get comfortable and then keeps waking/crying every 10 minutes or so) i add in oragel on her gums. i figured with the picking her up vs comforting her in her crib that she`s going to have many more teeth come in, so if i picked her up every time, i`d be in danger of creating some seriously bad habits...but still if she was really hurting i think i`d cave and pick her up anyway  :lol: and tons of cuddles during the day... good luck...
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #383 on: August 03, 2005, 15:28:51 pm »
I agree with Cazao on ruling out any other illness. Dd has never really got a runny nose or sounded congested when teething but everyone is different. I swear doctors think teething has no symptoms!  :lol: We find dd's reflux gets worse when teething. We also don't find Tylenol any help. Definitely Motrin though. We also back rub and only pu if it's very bad.

Still haven't seen dd crawl so I wonder if she really did at the neighbours?? Time will tell but boy can she ever move anyways! I swear I spent our whole time yesterday on our deck pulling things out of her mouth!  :lol: After the fourth leaf I realized my hands were probably dirtier than anything she was trying to eat...

Most of us in this group seem to have "big" babies, no? My dh jokes it's because we're all too healthy now during pregnancy compared to the last generations. My aunt tells stories about how in the 60's they all smoked in the hospital. Even the doctors. She said the only time the nurses would get mad was if you were trying to smoke and breastfeed at the same time.  :shock:

Well dd didn't go to bed until 8:15 last night then woke at 6. yuck. I hope we figure out this new schedule soon....

Hope you're all well.

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #384 on: August 03, 2005, 15:29:52 pm »
Teething! Isnt it fun. Luckily my Morgan shows no signs of it, we just notice a tooth is there and figure oh maybe thats why last week she ate a lil less or was a tiny bit cranky. Im truely blessed to have a very happy go lucky baby. Anyways, Im posting bc Morgan just had her 9 month check up and they pricked her lil toe to get some blood for a test, she was fine. They placed a bandaid on it and sent me home. Well halfway home my daughter is choking in the backseat bc she ate the bandaid. I didnt know that is why she was choking bc she is rear faced. I hear her, pull over and run back there..now imagine this, all I see is blood dripping down her mouth! I open her mouth and finally find a band aid way back in her mouth. The blood was only from the band aid but oh my was that the scariest moment of her 9 months. I honestly just sat and held her for about 5 mins in the backseat on the side of the road. Well baby is fine and so is mama, was just very frightening. Had to share that, so be careful of bandaids !!! Ill never forget now. I was happy with her check up, she didnt gain nearly as much weight as I thought, she only 18 lbs I was guessing 20 at least! But she is 29 inches long, my lil wiggle worm!
Everyone else been removing coffee tables, and pictures and statues??? Its been a mess here child proofing!
Watch out they ALL will be crawling and standing soon!

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2005, 18:06:22 pm »
Oh, my gosh, Morgan!  What a scare with the bandaid!  So glad you noticed it!

Thanks to everyone for your excellent teething advice!  Last night was a bit better, but I will definitely go get some Motrin ASAP.  Gave him lots of cuddles today and hopefully I will see a tooth soon! 
 :)
Sheila
ng

Offline alligirl

• Showing Appreciation 34
  • Our little lady!
    • My blog
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #386 on: August 03, 2005, 18:40:11 pm »
That is SO scary, Morgan!  So glad you heard her and pulled over to check things out.   When Stephen had his nine month prick, the nurse kept saying over and over, "take the band-aid off when the bleeding stops and watch him until then."

Not sure if I've already posted this, but Zachary's finally mobile (and he must be the smallest of the bunch...I think around 17 lbs).  He's "going commando" everywhere, but has taken a few steps up on hands and knees...I think he's starting to figure that it should be easier to do it that way, he just can't get coordinated.  He looks a bit like a newborn foal, stumbling around. :lol:  And now I'm finding out just how much cr@p there is on my floors because I walk away for two seconds and come back to him chewing on something....pieces of carpet, leaves from the foyer, tiny little pieces of plastic wrapping from something, and yesterday at the ILs we found him chewing on a rubber band (while all four adults were sitting around watching him and talking :roll: ).

He's cut his third tooth and is working on #4.   Teething isn't too hard on him, thankfully.  But he's got this wicked diaper rash that I can't get rid of and I htink it's really bugging him.  I've got one more thing to try (Lansinoh--for those of you that have some left over from the first few weeks bf, it's GREAT on diaper rash...I speak from experience) and if that doesn't work, I'm calling the doc.

Take care, all!
Alli-
Stephen Alexander 01/27/03
Zachary Christopher 11/11/04
Marc-Adam Garrison 10/26/06
Genevieve Cathryn 05/07/09

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #387 on: August 03, 2005, 18:58:46 pm »
Alli~ My Morgan doesnt get diaper rash but my nephew ( 1 yr ) has it constantly from teething. Ill have to give my sister my stash from when I bf! Thanks for the advice! Yeah I should have took the bandaid off but I never though..I learned my lesson and wont let it happen again and now all of you will remember!
Question! How long is your LOs awake time between naps? I think I spend too much time trying to put DD down when she isnt ready bc Im just stuck thinking its supposed to be 2 hours! I need to be sleep trained, lol. Just was wondering!

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #388 on: August 03, 2005, 23:08:10 pm »
Morgan - I'm glad you shared the story about the bandaid, I would have never thought of that!  I'm glad everything is OK.  My lo usually stays up around 2.5 to 3 hours. 

Sheila - I'm definitely no pro mommy, but I agree with everyone who said to check with the doctor.  My lo was really whiny the past couple of weeks and pulling at her ears.  I just figured it was teething because she was drooling and chewing on everything.  I called the doctor the other day though because the ear pulling had gotten so bad, she made her ears bleed.  Turns out she had an ear infection in both ears.
 :(   So it never hurts to check.  I feel bad I didn't take her sooner.
Phoebe

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2005, 00:48:48 am »
Morgan a few of us are trying to figure this out right now. Check the nap thread where there is average 9 month old sleep schedule posted as well as a post started by Cazao about "longer awake times..." It definitely changes now!  :D
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to