Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122927 times)

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2005, 21:10:46 pm »
Hey Lindsey...as far the motrin goes...if she's been extrememly fussy during the day and/or is fussy before bedtime (not due to being overtired :wink: ) then I give her the motrin.  Otherwise I don't  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2005, 22:04:21 pm »
ooooh we pray to the motrin god everyday!  :lol: dd's top two teeth are officially in! yippeeeeeee! Maybe we'll get back on track now...  :wink:

Sharon

(oh dd likes cheerios, grated cheddar cheese, and little cubes of toast smushed with cereal, yogurt, etc. also bits of lightly poached fruit. she also attempts cottage cheese but that is a HUGE mess!  :lol: )

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2005, 23:51:59 pm »
Lindsey - I know how you feel about the Motrin.  I'm always afraid I'm giving it to Susana too often.  I only give it to her on nights she's really fussy.  And even then I usually try to put her to bed without it.  To me, it doesn't really seem to help that much anyway.

jillybeansmith- My lo has that gag reflex too.  She can't stand things with texture.  I have to smother oatmeal with bananas to get her to eat it and forget rice cereal.  I haven't really tried many fonger foods yet, so I'll be interested to see how she reacts.

Those of you that have been having early wakeups.  What do you do?  Are you getting up that early or trying to put your lo back to sleep.  Susana used to sleep until 7:00 but has been getting up earlier and earlier.  I didn't discourage it too much because during the week I have to get her up by 6:00 to get her to the sitter's before I go to work.  But she's started getting up at 5:20!!! She has a poopy diaper when she wakes, which I think might be waking her up.  But there's not much you can do about that.  This morning she slept until 5:40 and I really think she just woke up because her daddy doesn't seem to be able to move without making a lot of noise.   :)  Keep your fingers crossed for me that she'll sleep at least until 6:00 tomorrow.
Phoebe

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #408 on: August 06, 2005, 00:23:11 am »
Hey Phoebe...how old is your LO?

Zoe has finally started to wake later...when she did wake early (my limit was 5:45-6:00AM) I do pu/pd.  If she is pooping that's definitely the culprit  :lol:   What does she do when she wakes up?  sometimes zoe wakes at 5:30 playing...and will go back to sleep at around 6:00...

And totally understand the daddy not knowing how to move without making any noise......I'm now the best at moving in stealth mode  :wink:  :lol:

Sending sleep late vibes for all of us ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #409 on: August 06, 2005, 00:26:11 am »
Phoebe - when dd wakes early I ignore her if she is not crying.  Sometimes she would fall back asleep (or at least remained very quiet!)  If she is crying or moaning on and on, then I just feed her and try to get her back to sleep.  I used to soothe her back to sleep without the bottle but I think that with teething and such, it is sooo much quicker to feed her. 

Kathy - congrats on the naps!  I should try some fresh peaches as dd doesn't like the puree stuff. 

DD finally has a tooth!  Now, how many more days & nights do I have to go through this teething phase?   Gotta to go, dh needs help with changing her diaper, apparently she exploded!!!

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #410 on: August 06, 2005, 11:27:29 am »
7:30 to 6:11! Ill take it! Just too bad she doesnt know its Saturday and what that means. I wanna sleep in :)
 Oh on a side note, Im already planning her Bday party..guess Im just so excited. We have one to attend today so she will be playing and out all day, so we will see how naps and sleep goes. Enjoy your weekend moms!

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2005, 13:33:38 pm »
6:45 here...though I heard her playing at 4:30 for about a half an hour  :lol:   Then, she took 8oz and ate cereal and fruit this AM  :shock:   Growth spurt maybe????

Our county fair is this weekend so we're taking John for rides...it'll be fun to see Zoe watch all the excitement  :D

And yay Mimi on dd's tooth  :D

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2005, 13:59:06 pm »
Yes... yay on the tooth!

we didn't do as well here, 8:30 to 6 but nana and grampy are here so there's lots of excitement!  :D

Enjoy your saturday...we're having a BBQ for 11 people!  :shock:

Talk to you all soon...

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2005, 17:15:45 pm »
yes, early rising here too!!  yesterday was 5 am and today was 5:45!  very discouraging.  we will never get to 2 naps at this rate.  when she wakes early she is not crying, just playing.  i have tried feeding her and putting her back down but she never goes back to sleep.  so i just leave her in there until she is crying or fussing too much, usually 30-60 mins after she wakes.  at least that gives me a few extra mins in bed or time to make coffee!  sleeping in on a saturday (or any day) would be HEAVEN!

both top teeth are in now...thank goodness.  the whining has slowed a little bit, so i'm hoping for a break before the next tooth sprouting.  we are still giving motrin at nights, trying an herbal remedy during the day.

our company left yesterday, but we are getting 2 new guests today.  don't ask me why all these people want to come visit the desert in august.  crazy!  also, my sister is moving in with us this weekend, so we will be very busy!

have a good weekend everyone.

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #414 on: August 06, 2005, 23:19:05 pm »
Were back!  Vegas was lots of fun.  Pete slept on the way there and back, he would try to wake up and the movement or engine noise would put him right back to sleep.  He did pretty good as far as sleeping in the room with us.  He was happy to be back in his own crib though.

Sounds like everyone is getting an early wake up call!  Pete is still waking around 6:00 - 6:30.  I am not too bothered by it, but wish he would nap a little better.  I really think he is just not much of a napper.  I have tried everything and seem to really only get one decent 1 1/4 hour nap and one 30 minute nap.  He is generally pretty happy all day so I am starting to think maybe that is all he needs.

Is anyone thinking of trying the early potty training at 9 months that Tracy suggests in her latest book?
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2005, 13:16:45 pm »
Susana is 7 months old.  It must not just be the pooping because this morning she woke up at 5:30 and her diaper wasn't dirty.  I left her in there until 6:00 hoping she'd go back to sleep, but at 6:00 she started whining.  The other problem is during the week, I have to get her up at 6:00 anyway, so I guess we're stuck with this early wakeup time for the rest of the school year.  I'm dreading the time change because then she'll be waking at 4:30!!!

Congrats on all the teeth everyone.  I sure wish Susana's would come in.   The top two look like they are right there but so far haven't cut through.

We have some exciting news.  Susana is drinking from a sippy cup!  After reading how many of you are already doing it with your los, I decided to start trying again.  I had to take the stopper out for a few days until she understood that stuff comes out of there.  Yesterday I put it back in and she got it!  She still won't hold the cup herself but at least she understands what it's for.  She also drinks a lot more water from the cup than the bottle. 

I'm going shopping for some finger foods when she gets up from her nap.  I only feed her organic food, but I'm thinking about making an exception for those Gerber puffs.  I like that they melt.  I'm kind of worried about choking.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Phoebe

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2005, 15:58:22 pm »
I think that we are actually getting over the early wakenings!  Yeah!  This morning it was 6:20 and yesterday it was 6:30.  I can do this, just not 5:30.  Plus she is napping better too.  Both naps are almost an hour and a half.  Just hope that it stays this way.  We are all so nice and rested now.  I really am since Dh got up with her yesterday and today so I got to sleep in after feeding her!  There is nothing greater then that  :D !

We have tried a lot of new finger foods and she likes everything.  We did corn, peaches, melon, cut up grapes, green beans, more crackers, and more cereal.  Plus I can sneak in a couple of bites of food in betweeen bites.  Last night I got her to eat 1/2 jar stage 3 food and she ate turkey and 4 whole crackers!   She always does better when she eats when we are out.  I couldn't believe how much she ate and then she still nursed on one side! 

Does your lo throw a fit when you take something away that they shouldn't have?  Reegan screams cries and bangs on me.  I swear we are going to have our hands ful when she gets a little older if things don't get better.  What do you do when they do this, if they do it?  I'm at a loss since she only laughs when I say no to something.  I know she doesn't get disipline yet.  Just wondering if anyone else is hitting the same problem. 
Do you all find that it is hard to keep your house clean?  We are having a shower next weekend and I am going to die trying to get everythign ready.  It seems like the house is always cluttered with all her toys and I even pick them up several times a day.  We need a toy room to put everything.  To bad we don't have a basement to build one too! 

Hope you all had great weekends!
Ree November 2004

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #417 on: August 07, 2005, 17:18:05 pm »
We have little temper tantrums when we take away the remote control, I think that it's just their way right now of displaying their will...I think we will have our hands full too...

Connor is all out of whack with sleeping since this construction, he's been sleeping and sleeping this weekend, I guess trying to get caught up...which is okay, because they will be hammering and drilling again tomorrow...I've just been letting him sleep when he wants to, because for 2 days he went all day without ANY naps...We will have to get back on a schedule once the construction is complete........

Gigismom

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #418 on: August 07, 2005, 17:59:00 pm »
Petesmom-i posted a topic on the potty training section in "toddlers" about starting toilet training at 9 months since we are almost there and i can't even picture my dd on the potty!  you can check out the responses i got...i think we are going to maybe try it and see how it goes.  it can't hurt to start early, esp since i stay at home with her so i can consistently put her on the potty every day.  glad you had fun in vegas.

phoebe-i too am dreading the time change because then the am wake ups will be 4 or 4:30!!  i hope her body adjusts quickly.  we will try to keep her up an hour later so she will sleep an hour later.  i hope it's that easy.  i hope things are going well for you back at work.

momtoree-gianna doesn't throw tantrums but she whines when we take something away.  we just let her whine.  if we give in now, we are setting ourselves up for some trouble.  when we take something away, we just make it very matter of fact, no bargaining or giving in.  we will usually give her something else to replace whatever we've taken away though...sort of a distraction.  i totally understand about the clutter...i am such a neat freak, it drives me crazy.  i wish i had a friend nearby with a newborn so i could lend her all the stuff we are outgrowing as it is accumulating all over the house now.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #419 on: August 07, 2005, 18:18:05 pm »
Hi all,

Just wanted to say I bought Tracy's Toddler book (starts at eight months!  :D ) and she says for the time change in October you put your lo to bed and hour later and that will make up the hour. Then in the spring you shorten the afternoon nap by one hour so hopefully your lo will be ready for bed earlier and will be less likely to feel the time change.

Ella also gets very mad when you take something away. We find a firm no (if it's something she shouldn't have) works. I think even if your little one smiles when you say it just don't smile back. We also definitely use distraction!  :D

We have had such a big few weeks!!!! We have the two new teeth, she learned how to sit up from her tummy, she is now crawling on hands and knees forwards ( :lol: ) she waves hi at you if you do it first, can point out the "birdies" in one of her books (we "read" it everynight in the bath) and says daddy everytime dh walks into the room.   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  I can't even believe it!!!! Suddenly my baby has been replaced by a little girl!!!  I'd love your opinions on the daddy thing... she has ben saying da-da and sometimes daddy for awhile now as well as the mama (never mommy) baba, gaga, yaya, etc. but now she looks directly at dh when he comes in and yells "daddy!" (it's really cute because she stresses the second syllable instead of the first so it sounds like daDEE) Does that seem like her first word? It really seems as though she's made the connection but....

Still having problems with the sleep too but mainly it's getting her to go down. We used to pop her in her cot and that was it. Now she cries and fights it for soooo long. I guess with everything going on who wants to sleep?  :lol:

Congrats on the sippy cup, some sleep and a successful trip!!!!

Dh has taken dd to Granny's, all the company left this am so I am going to try and actually take a nap! (if i can stay off this board!  :lol: )

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to