Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 122882 times)

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2005, 14:32:47 pm »
hi ladies,
i hope you dont mind a late joiner.   My ds was born christmas day 7lbs 5oz 20inchs... now 28in 18lbs.  i have been following easy since he was 5weeks old and it seemed so much easier then.  we have always battled short naps but have been blessed with a full night sleep since 3mths.  i would love some advice on a few issues.... we started solids at 4.5, doctors orders since ds now has 3 teeth.  here is is schedule, wondering if we should try solids at lunch (although concerned will phase out bottles)  also, should we just try two naps?

630: awake & 6oz formula
8:breakfast (3tbsp cereal & 1\2jar veggies)
9:nap (around 45m)

1030: 6oz form
usually naps during errands around 1130 or 12

230: 6oz formula
3-4: nap

530: dinner (cereal & veggies)
6:bath
7:bottle, book, bed
10 dream feed 6oz

I am so lost... should i not take him out so much, should he be on two solid naps.  please help  :?

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2005, 15:01:05 pm »
Welcome Jennifer,  I think that your schedule is fine.  If ds is sleeping well and wakes up happy then leave it be.  I think that once ds starts fighting the third nap or waking early (1-2 hrs earlier) then swtiching to 2 naps might be the answer.  I thought dd would be ready for 2 naps but we are trying for two weeks now to get there.  Sometimes she would take the 3rd nap sometimes not.  Who knows what's going on in her head?  :roll:   As for adding lunch, go ahead.  If he likes solids then I don't see any harm in giving it to him 3x/day.  DD was also told to go on solids at 4 mos b/c of her reflux but lately she seems to like her milk more than solids.  Although she loves bits of noodles, frozen yogurt, gnawing on fruits, bread, etc.  Maybe she doesn't like purees?

Kathy, Sharon, funny you should say that your los looks like their fathers.  When dd was first introduced to dh's family and relatives, dh often jokes that the only way he knows that dd is his is that she looks like him - lots of hair, round face and pouty lips.  And yes, dd gets very excited when she sees her dad.  Doesn't she knows that I'm the one that makes sure that she's fed, clean and entertained all day long?  No matter how tired or cranky dd is, once dh enters the room her whole face lights up!!!  I'ts not fair being a mom sometimes.   :cry: (crocodile tears running down my face)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2005, 15:13:26 pm »
thanks so much mimi for replying.  when did you start to let your lol knaw on fruit, veggies or bread?  i am so nervous about those things.  i will hold things and let me suck on them.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2005, 15:47:33 pm »
Hi Jennifer,  welcome!

I agree with Mimi's advice. Sounds alright to me!  :)

Mimi, I too would like to know more about the food you're feeding.  Ella has now been running a low fever and was up all night again so I am more convinced than ever she's teething and BAD! I'd love to give her more stuff to gnaw on but I too am nervous. I heard frozen bagels were good? And also what yogurt do you use? I know we don't get yobaby in Canada... oh and did you introduce wheat cereal already? Before bread? So many questions so little time... :wink:

Thanks!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2005, 19:29:30 pm »
For fruits, I just cut wedges of apples, pears and mangoes an offer them to her.  I was afraid that she might break off alarge piece and chock on them so I placed them in the Munchin Fresh fruit holder (it's has a mesh).  DD didn't like it too much so I have to watch her while eating the fruits.  I've also tried avocadoes and durian (it's a really stinky fruit, very popular with Asians). 

Since dd kept on staring while we eat, we just take small bits and offer them to her.  No meats or eggs products though.  It's really neat to see her try to slurp the noodle into her mouth.  I would dangle a 1 in piece of noodle on her lips and she would slowly suck it in.  Our ped says that it's ok to offer different foods as long as we avoid citrus fruits, meats and egg whites for now.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2005, 20:40:09 pm »
Hi again Mimi,

Thanks for the response...did you ever use wheat cereal? And what yogurt do you use?  We give dd avadado every day and she LOVES it!  :D  Oh and does your dd have teeth yet?

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2005, 20:41:31 pm »
oops. "avadado"...apparently I'm just making stuff up now!  :lol: Maybe I should proof read my posts before I hit the submit button!!

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2005, 01:50:55 am »
DD doesn't have any teeth yet but she can still gummed the fruits.  I use regular yogurt making sure that it has the most fat content 3.5-4%MF from Danone.  I never bother with wheat cereal as dd doesn't seem to like cereal that much.  She prefers to feed herself (not very good at it) or what's on my plate.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2005, 03:13:59 am »
Well, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get Jadyn to sleep and to stop her from scooting and flipping and waking at weird hours (2:45am, 4am-5am) and I think I MIGHT have a clue: 
Jadyn has a tooth!!!!!!  I can't believe it!! It's so cute.  It's the bottom left one.  I was wiping her face today and felt something kinda sharp in there and sure enough, a tooth!!!!  You would have thought I just won the jackpot or something, I yelled out loud and scared her. :lol:  She has been drooling and chewing everything in sight but has not cried at all.  I guess this one doesn't hurt as much as the other ones?  She's just a good baby and hardly fusses except when she's overtired.  She's always smiling at me and gives me this look of "Yes, I know you love me, and yes, I know I'm pretty darn cute." :lol:

I sure hope the wakings at night will stop.  I have a feeling though that it's only begun.... 

I just thought of something.  Since she has a tooth out, should I start giving her some real food?  And if I do, do I give her solids like cereal in the morning when she wakes and then an hour later bf?  Or do I bf when she first wakes then give her some cereal after an hour?  I read in the book somewhere where Tracy recommends feeding solid food and then the liquid (bf).  How do you guys do solids & bf?

Thanks

Offline taylor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2005, 12:15:03 pm »
hi guys

not got much of an update on zack apart from he is now on 3 meals aday and he still sleeps allnight.

we have too bottom teeth in within a week last week didnt even know he was teehing.

he still cant sit up byhimself yet but hes okay if i put pillows behind him.

i think he should be sitting by byhimself but my health vistor says to early.

Offline Jakes_mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2005, 13:17:30 pm »
Kathy-  my ds has 3 teeth and working on a 4th.  He got his 1st tooth at 3mths and the doctor told me that usually is a good indicator to start him on solids, along with if he can sit supported and is interested.  we waited till he was 4.5 and started with cereals.  gerber.com was great because they explained how to start with the consistency and add a tbsp each day.  we are introducing a new food every 4 days to watch for allergeies.  we are almost down with all of the veggies.  i am going to start fruit next week and start to feed him lunch along with breakfast and dinnner.  hope this helps and enjoy it.

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2005, 17:05:49 pm »
that is soooo coool. hurray for the tooth!! hopefully that will mean the night wakings will stop. georgia slept through last night, after a week of night wakings and bad parenting frrom me like feeding her back to sleep and giving her pain medication whenever that didn`t work  :oops: (the combination worked nicely but i`m sure it was bad mummying), so my fingers are crossed that`s she`s got herself back on track again like she did last month. can`t help with the solids question...no teeth here yet...although i may go and check now you mention it... :lol:
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2005, 19:38:14 pm »
Yeah for the teeth!! That's so exciting!  Good for you Jaydn!

All your lo's seem to be cruising right along! Cazao...we're in the same place as you... lot's of night wakings, horrible teething going on. I actually posted in the solids/weaning board about rice rusks as I'm at my wits end... every morning I can't wait to see dd's smile and I keep hoping to see a pearly peg in there as well!  :)

Take care,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

lil'monkey

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2005, 16:44:27 pm »
Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Wanted to share this will all of you.

Girlfriends.
A daughter and mother talked about life, about marriage, about the responsibilities of life and the obligations of  adulthood. The mother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully and turned a clear, sober glance upon her daughter.

"Don't forget your girlfriends," she advised, swirling the tea leaves to the bottom of her glass. "They'll be more important as you get older. No matter how much you love your husband, no matter how much you love the children you'll have, you are still going to need girlfriends. Remember to go places with them now and then; do things with them. And remember that girlfriends are not only your friends, but your sisters, our daughters, and other relatives too. You'll need other women. Women always do."

'What a funny piece of advice,' the young woman thought. 'Haven't I just gotten married? Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake, a grown-up, not a young girl who needs girlfriends! Surely my husband and the family we'll start will be all I need to make my life worthwhile!'

But she listened to her Mother; she kept contact with her girlfriends and made more each year.

As the years tumbled by, one after another, she gradually came to understand that her Mom really knew what she was talking about.  As time and nature work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, girlfriends are the mainstays of her life. After 50 years of living in this world, here is what she learned:

Times passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Love waxes and wanes.
Hearts break.
Careers end.
Jobs come and go.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Men don't call when they say they will.

BUT girlfriends are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley, and you have to walk it for yourself, your girlfriends will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you. Or come in and carry you out.

Daughters, sisters, mothers,  sisters-in-law, mothers-in-law, aunts, nieces, cousins, extended family, co-workers, and friends bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without them, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joy or sorrow that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

Pass this on to the women who help make your life work.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2005, 16:28:20 pm »
ggrrr... I posted a big reply then lost it... :(

Just wanted to say THANKS MIMI!  That was a real sweet thing to post!

Kathy...keep us posted on the solids introduction.

Taylor...you sound like your just cruising along with a happy wee boy!

Jennifer that's a lot of teeth! Nice job lo!

Haven't heard from you Lynne in awhile...how's Lindsey?

Dawn, Alysa, sprout's mom, Aligirl, how are you all doing?

Did I miss anyone?  :)

Cazao...we're still having the same problems as you. I was convinced, so much so I even posted about it on another thread, that dd's sleeping problems were behind us as she slept two nights in a row really well and it coincided with her starting to tummy sleep. Then last night... yuck. Awake 6 times. Finally gave her tylenol at 2 and she slept until 6.  I don't know what's going on!! Unless she's just having a particularly hard time teething.

Would love to hear how everyone is.  It's so nice, in fact it keeps me sane half the time, to know I'm not in this alone.

Take care,

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to