Author Topic: For those of us BF food allergy babies....If you could have  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Xavier and Erica's mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 13
    • learn about Xavier's Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
anything to eat right now....what would it be?  Call this a virtual binge LOL
I tasted a piece of donut today, and then spit it out...it was so good!
So I want a donut, pizza and a Latte with real milk and some good mexican food with lots of cheese....
anyone else?
Jennifer
Xavier  10-20-01
Erica     12-1-04

Colleen

For those of us BF food allergy babies....If you could have
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 22:06:17 pm »
Well, we don't have allergy issues, but I'm sitting here eating a fudge graham snack bar (one of those new bars for nursing moms made by Ensure -- I bought it thinking they were sort of funny but they are YUUUMMMY and only 75 calories and 1 gram of fat), and the box says "Contains wheat, soy, and egg ingredients. Manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts and nuts." I guess they don't think about moms nursing babies with allergies! :(

Edited to add -- for those who are concerned I'm trying to limit my calories while bf, don't worry. I'm also eating a stack of Soft Batch cookies with it.  :oops: Calories aren't a problem here. :lol:

Offline carolyn

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 67
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 22:53:16 pm »
I had to give up chocolate when I BF John. There were days I would have killed for a piece of good swiss or belgium chocolate.
carolyn
John's mommy :-)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 01:26:09 am »
LOL, I've done the tasting/chewing/spitting out thing.  :lol:  :oops:  :roll:

I have had a mad craving for a chocolate covered bavarian cream long john donut from Lamars bakery from my hometown. Also truly missing chinese takeout right now, a broccoli chicken over steamed rice sounds soooo good. And yes, pizza, just cheese topping, from a great restaurant called Valentinos. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm I would be so FAT if I didn't have to MSPI!  :lol:

Ouch, Col, I think I know what you're a little nervous about.  :oops:  I wish I'd have kept my trap shut on that post.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline matt&chris mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:21:38 am »
Pizza, Lasagna, Mexican Food, anything with cheese

a broccoli chicken over steamed rice.....that's my favorite chinese meal (my DH makes fun of me because I always want to try something new but I always end up with the chicken broccoli)

Minerva

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 08:03:41 am »
Well i don't have a BF baby (yet!) but i am on a very restricted diet of no sugar, yeast or refined carbs. And i would cut off my arm for a strawberry pop tart and a box of belgian chocolates!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline kim&savannah

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 16:02:33 pm »
CHeese, cheese, and more cheese. . .I miss mexican food with melted cheese on it, pasta with parmesean, pizza, and just bieng able to eat out and not wonder what I'm eating.

Oh, and chocolate covered peanuts--I ate a lot of these the first few month before I realized that Savannah was MSPI and I still crave them even though its been 5 months.

~Kim
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Livvismum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 06:49:08 am »
Well girls I'm not sure this is a fair one to reply to as I jus stepped out of the virtual world and back into the real world of food. Just finsihed bf Liv (2 weeks ago) after a year and these are the things I've had so far....

red wine, sweet thai chilli chips/crips, a few biscuits/cookies, a real Joes ices cream (best ice cream in South Wales) a savoury pastry and last night a chinese takeout. I'm on a bit of a binge as I've decided to stay failry dairy free in suport of Liv (and I'm about to go on a diet to loose 14lbs). After a 5k run for charity today I'm off to have a pannini. Do you know the wierdest thing...I was a complete cheese freak before I went dairy free but I've not even contemplated having cheese.

Anyway sorry to splurge like that it's just I'll be back on the wagon tomorrow and I felt like I neeed to confess!

Sara

Offline matt&chris mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 14:05:34 pm »
Enjoy. You deserve it.

Minerva

Offline Sandrine

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 21:16:42 pm »
I want  anything with cheese, I want chocolate chips cookies with milk so that I can dunk them in. ICE CREAM!!!

DD2 is allergy to milk. i did find other food to compensate my cravings like soy sourcream and cream cheese. And rice cheese. I love the rice cheese. The girls will now only eat the rice cheese. DD1 could eat the other but won't.

I need to wait to go visit the iin-laws before I get to eat ice cream, there is soy ice cream that is not bad at all but not in my town. Oh well, it makes it a real treat when I go there.

I also found a dairy-free chocolate bar at my HFS and it's so good better than the brandnames chocolate that we all know.
Sandrine
DD1 Dec 2002 Textbook
DD2 March 2004 Textbook
DD3 July 12 2006 Textbook/spirited
NEW DS March 7th 2011 Not sure yet but seems touchy

Offline sycorrell

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Foods I want
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 14:33:18 pm »
Yogurt - frozen and regular - would have to top my list!  But cheese is a very very close second.... :D
Stacy C.
Mother of Julia, born February 9th

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 20:04:20 pm »
Mmmmm you gals made me very naughty! Last week I ate donuts (some with chocolate frosting) and guess what ... no reaction!  :D  Although the chinese food from the weekend is definately getting a reaction from ds.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline ckwilder

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I love this post...CHEESE, and lots of it
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 18:26:43 pm »
Mexican food--On the Border queso to be exact...then chocolate ice cream (Ben and Jerry's)...and blue cheese salad dressing