EAT > Food Allergies

ezcema

(1/2) > >>

dee 100:
I need help with baby eczema - my daughter is 8 months and driving me nuts. She constantly wakes up at night and I'm so tired I'm finding dealing with her and her 3 year old brother very difficult to cope with during the day. Any helpful advice????

Ricardo's Mommy:
Trying to remember where the thread is....there is a long one since many of our babies deal with it....I will look for it and post back.

Ricardo's Mommy:
Here you go....

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/really-bad-eczema-vt31330.html

Livvismum:
What options have you tried so far to ease it? We're trying to deal with it too?

Sara

Williamsmom:
My son got a huge eczema rash when he was exactly 3 months old.  From his chin to his ankles--bumps  EVERYWHERE with bright red in all his joint creases.  I thought it was a heat rash at first since we were traveling from the Pacific Northwest to D.C., where it was hot.  The MD prescribed a hydrocortisone cream for bad spots, pimecrolimus cream (brand name "Elidel") for his eyelids (yes, he had it there, too!), and triamcinolone acetonide ointment (for night) & cream (for day).  She recommended the following bath routine (we bathe every night as part of wind-down routine):  no washcloth as strips moisture from skin; very mild soap like Cetaphil & absolutely no perfumed soaps/lotions;  PAT dry with towel--don't rub; immediately apply hydrocortisone cream to bad spots & then triamcinolone ointment to all affected areas; dress in jammies immediately b/c ointment is greasy.  When he's not broken out, we use either Cetaphil cream or Aquaphor all over to lock in moisture.  The key is to get it on RIGHT after bath while skin is still moist.  We use the hydrocortisone cream & the triamcinolone cream also in the AM when he's broken out.  His skin has been SOOOO much better since we started this & if we do have a break-out it's usually cleared up overnight now.

Sorry so long & hope it makes sense.  Feel free to ask further questions if you are confused.  Very tired & I tend to ramble anyway.

HTH,
Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version