Author Topic: 9 week old  (Read 1936 times)

Offline shem2005

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 04, 2005, 00:20:45 am »
My daughter is 9 weeks old and is currently on EASY 3 hour, do you think it is time for her to progress to the 4 hour? How do you do this?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
9 week old
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 00:46:52 am »
Hello!
The 4 hour schedule is not recommended until 4 months/16 weeks.  However, keep in mind that EASY is not strictly 3 or 4 hrs.  If somedays she's napping until 3.5 hr or 4 that's ok too.  But being 9weeks, it's best to keep her to 3hrs for the most part.   :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline welsbyc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 week old
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:08:52 am »
In my opinion you should do what your baby needs.  If she'll happily go for 4 hours, than fine.  If she wants fed every 3 then that means she needs fed every 3!!  Sometimes my baby (9 weeks) for some reason wants fed after 2.5 hours, then 4 hours, then 3 hours (ie. erratic!) but he's totally contented and I ensure he gets the right amount of milk in a 24 hour period.

Catriona.

Offline LisaN

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 13:40:07 pm »
Hi, I am new to all of this but it's interesting to read about your babies feeding erratically, my son feeds anywhere from 2 - 4 hr intervals!  He also eats lts up to 38fl oz per day some days (some days are only 28 fl oz).  He weighs 16lbs already + I am worried about his enormous weight gain... should I be worried or just accept that he is a big hungry lad!?

thanks
Lisa