Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121906 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1005 on: January 11, 2006, 22:23:23 pm »
We are going back on the 17th to have her lungs listened to again to make sure that there isnt' any lingering wheezing.  And to have her ears checked again to make sure the infection is gone.  Hopefully she will be better to get her flu shot booster that she is due for.  Other then that, we dont 'go back till March for her 9 mo checkup.

I am leaving work, so I will catch up with you guys when I get home.  :D

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1006 on: January 11, 2006, 22:52:26 pm »
Okay, I know some of you ladies got into the sauce yesterday, but geez....!  I missed checking in last night and there were 5 pages to read!!!! Wow! 

I too had a drink at 7:30 last night, although it wasn't my first and I'm ashamed to say not the last.... I had a meeting with my supervisor to go over some of the contingencies for returning to work.  This is the first time she has ever had a staff member go on maternity leave so this is all to her as well.   It went well though, we ate, we drank and we had a really good honest conversation about what it would take in order for me to be happy away from my lo.

Amy- My heart just breaks seeing that picture of Luke, poor little guy.  I hope he feels better soon. 

BJ- congrats on getting a good night sleep!  I know how exciting that is when it finally happens.... Sounds like cait is getting better.

Daisy - My doc suggested that I give my lo a spoon to hold onto and play with while I am feeding him.  Kind of acts as a distraction or something like that, but it worked.  He stopped trying to grab my spoon while I was feeding him.  could work.

I have to go, we are having company tonight and I think they are going to be here any minutes....damned friends, don't they know that I just want to have a cup of tea and put on my pajamas?

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1007 on: January 11, 2006, 23:05:02 pm »
Judy, you're funny.   Glad the mtg w/ your boss went well
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1008 on: January 12, 2006, 00:59:08 am »
Jennifer< can you believe the weather?  It's suppose to be 69 degrees here on Sunday!  I just can't believe it!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1009 on: January 12, 2006, 02:07:48 am »
I know - we were out this evening after sunset and it wasn't cold - AMAZING!

And it's just suppose to be warmer.......what happened to winter?

I Know.....it'll show up in March and April.....we have a better chance for a white Easter then a white Christmas around here!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1010 on: January 12, 2006, 12:16:47 pm »
Don't you think our LO are just at a really cute age!!?? Tom has a baby yogert at  tea time everyday, which he loves!! Watching him eat yogerts made me want some, so i bought some cheep ones for me and DH. Well last night we decided to have our yogerts when tom had finished his. As soon as we took the lids off, ds litle face lit up.... you should have seen the indignatin when me and DH started eating them... i didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!! :lol:

Well i best go as have tons to do, although i have to stop rushing around... as soon as i start rushing and stressing about getting houseweork done tom crys... the moment i relax and have time to play with him he starts playing quite happily on his own (never mind... at least it gives me a chance to check my emails!! :wink: )
Alison

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1011 on: January 12, 2006, 12:44:27 pm »
OMG, Santiago and I have had a horrible time since yesterday afternoon!  I think he has 3 other teeth coming in at the same time and he's not taking it in stride like his first one.  But I'm rather confused because he nursing well, playing well but he's more touchy.  He usually never cries, only in extreme situations.  But now, when I sit him on the floor he cries for a minute then stops, when I pick him up he cries etc.  I also noticed that his cheek by his ear is sore....buuuuuut he doesn't have a fever.  So is the pain from the teething radiating up to his ears? on BOTH sides?  It breaks my heart to see him like this, he' such a happy baby....
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1012 on: January 12, 2006, 14:01:51 pm »
Rebeca, hugs to you!  Teething makes me feel so helpless.  There's nothing to do except rub teething gel on their gums and say a prayer that it works.

I agree that this is a cute age.  Last night when my hubby got home, Luke lit up like a Christmas Tree.  He was so excited and laughed and laughed.  I was like "Where have YOU been all day long?"  But, it was short-lived.  The fussiness started again.  In fact, dh went out to dinner with a friend and I almost called him to come home b/c Luke was screaming uncontrollably.  I don't know if it's his ears, the rash, or the tooth that's trying to come in. 

BJ, how's Cait?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1013 on: January 12, 2006, 14:15:54 pm »
{{{{hugs}}}}} Rebeca, this age can be the most fun and the frustrating.  I hate to mention this, but could it also be a bit of "seperation anxiety" mixed into the whole ordeal?  Cait has it REALLY bad.  We went out to a local pizza place with the rest of our squad and one of my g/f picked Cait up and you should have seen the look on her face!!!  OMG, you would have thought I just gave her up for adoption!!!  She was not happy and I finally had to take her back and put her back in the stroller.  Of course, I do have to qualify that with....when I got home from work yesterday, my MIL said "the kids have been great, but Cait hasn't had a nap since 12" :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :evil:  :evil:

So I tried to put her down.  No go.  Waited a bit, gave her a bottle, put her down.  No go.  Friend called, I packed us all up we head out, eat, play games, walk over to Target do some shopping, she falls asleep, FINALLY.  Get home, put her in bed and it takes about 30 minutes and finally flipping her to her stomach before she goes to sleep.  Right as DH pulls into the garage.  Poor DH. :cry:   So I guess to answer your question, Amy, Cait is back to her old self with the SA mixed in.  Oh this does not bode well for the party Saturday.  Everyone is going to want to hold her...... :roll:

bj

Brandy-

Offline daisymelan

• Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1014 on: January 12, 2006, 14:29:10 pm »
Are they ever at a cute age!  I am loving it.  They are so interactive and independent right now.  Next stop... crawling.... no thanks.

So giving him the spoon to feed himself worked the first two times, but today on barley, he did not go for it.  Just made a mess, but I guess I just need to be patient.

Do any of you do a webpage where you keep photos or a blog?  I don't want to annoy everyone with a million photos, but I always love pics of your cuties and I also wonder what you mamas look like.  I have msn pages, so if anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll pm you the address, if anyone else has a page, etc, please let me know.  Either post it or pm me, I'd love to see your pics.

Oh, one more thing.  So I think I have found a trick to help owen get to sleep.  He loves sucking on material....  so what I do now is take a receiving blanket and make it long and skinny, I tuck one end under him and leave a little bit near his mouth.  Just enough for him to suck, not enough for him to cover his face (and annoy himself).  Cross your fingers but it seems to be working.  Plus the 10pm bedtime has been helping too.

All the snow is gone here today....  can you imagine no snow in atlantic canada in the middle of january?

Give a pec to all your little ones for me.

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1015 on: January 12, 2006, 14:58:05 pm »
Thanks for the support.  I tried Baby Oragel but it also numbed his lips and tongue and he REALLY didn'l like that.  So I have put his teething toys in the fridge and got some kind of success.

You know, bj? Now that I think about it, it may be separation anxiety.... I've been recapping and it seems that if he's not in my arms he's not happy.  So I guess my little man needs a little extra TLC.  And thank god I love giving it to him.  That reminds me, you know what dh told me the other day? " You hug and kiss the baby more in one day than me in a whole week"   :shock:  I was floored!  I felt so bad for him!   :cry: So I've been dishing out lots of love to my 2 men this week...
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1016 on: January 12, 2006, 15:09:05 pm »
Yeah Jodie - and whoever else would like to see lots more pictures of my son - I do have a website for him -
 http://www.babyhomepages.net/caeden
I am going to try and update it today.......

Jodie - pm me yourr site - I would love to see it!

This is a cute age....love the smiles and how he just loves to watch and absorb everything! My best friend - who has a 2 year old - told me that she always would say "oh, this is the best stage" and not want to move from it then he would go onto the next one and she would think, "Nope, this is the best one" - she said it never grows old watching him learn and grow - and each stage is the best one!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1017 on: January 12, 2006, 15:09:32 pm »
We had our 6mn check up yesturday. Jency got his shots.  It was so funny. We were in the office last week and when the doctor came in and underessed him and so on he was fine.  Then yesturday every time I laid him on the table he started shaking and getting stiff and then start crying.  The only thing that made him stop was to pick him up.
the doctor said it looks like his fang teeth are coming in and his other top ones are right behind them.  Nothing on the bottom.  I got my fang ones first too.
He has been going down to bed great!  I even have to leave the room.  I lay him down and he starts talking to him self and then goes to sleep.  Jodie, Jency has a thermal blanket that he likes to put his thumb in and then suck his thumb.  I think the texture helps his teething. He was only eating once at night, 1:30am, over new years and the week after.  Then last week he was eating at 12 and 4 again.  But only waking those two times.
But monday night he woke around 9:30 (he goes down at 8:00) and I got him to go to sleep quickly (gave him a drink of water and he was down).  Then he woke at 12:00 and I fed him then he woke at 2:45 screaming.  We kept trying to but him back to sleep but he kept going in and out.  Finally at 4am I fed him.  He slept until 7:30am!
Then Tuesday night he went down great and woke at 11:15 screaming.  We are trying to get him to go longer with out eating but it hadn't even been 4 hours so I didn't feed him.  But he would calm down so we would put him back in bed and then he would do the little winey thing (trying to get to sleep) then be quite and still and then start up again.  This lasted until 12:15am when I finally fed him because it had been 4 hours.  Then he slept the rest of the night to 7:30am!
Then yesturday we had a busy day and went tothe doctor for his shots.  Last night he WOULD NOT go down he just kept screaming and I finally had to rock him to sleep.  Then he woke at 11:30 screaming so I fed him.  I wasn't going to feed him the rest of the night since the night before he went from 12-7:30 but then he woke at 1:30 and we put him back to sleep and then again at 2:30 and then again at 3:30 so I fed him!  Now it's 8am and he's still asleep.
What is going on?

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1018 on: January 12, 2006, 15:11:41 pm »
:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
I have to admit.....I go Cait first before anyone in the house when I first get home!!!!!!   LOL, the poor males in my house....of course, us girls have to stick together!!!!!!   LOL

Here is a pic of what I found yesterday morning as I went to get Cait up for the day.  Dont' pay any attention to the boy jammies she has on...that is a story I haven't told you guys yet.  :roll:  :lol:

bj

Brandy-

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1019 on: January 12, 2006, 15:12:24 pm »
Oh ya, Jency screams when ever I put night time orajel on his gums at night.  Does anyone elses baby do this?  He doesn't mind the day time stuff when I put it on during the day.  But at night he screams bloody murder.  I also can't get much on his gums because he won't open his mouth so more gets on his lips!