Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121889 times)

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1035 on: January 12, 2006, 20:13:16 pm »
Holy cow!  You ladies have been busy little typers!  :)  I posted on Tuesday night and we were only on page 101! 

amy- I am so glad to hear that Luke is doing a little better.  I can't imagine what it must be like for you right now.  I wish I could hug all the sickness out of Luke's cute little face.  He is simply adorable!  I love the pic of the 2 of you!  :)  I sent my application to Sylvan last night so hopefully I will hear back soon.  Cross your fingers that it pays well enough for us both to be SAHM'S!  How awesome would that be?!!!

Brock gets up on all fours and rocks.  But he seems to prefer the military tummy scoot over being on all fours.  We have already had to safety proof our whole house because he gets around so quickly that way now.  He has also just started to pull himself up onto things and walk around them.  This is why I had to take everything off our coffee table  :)  Why do kids love remotes and phones so much?!!  :)

But, I completely agree with Amy.  All kids develop at different rates.  Brock never really rolls over.  He has a few times but he just isn't interested in it.  He would rather tummy scoot  :)

I love all the pics of everyone's lo's!  SO CUTE!!!  I wish I was more computer "savy"  I am so bad at figuring them out.  hence why I don't have a picture of Brock on my posts.  I can't firgure out how to get one on there.  :(

-Christine

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1036 on: January 12, 2006, 22:26:47 pm »
Leslie,

Cait is literally a speed bump on the carpet.  She has NO desire to move, and doesnt' even attempt it.  If she doesn't start doing something soon, I am going to ask at her next check up in march.  Actually, we have a checkup next week on her chest and ears, I may ask then.  Getting  a little concerned.  :roll:

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1037 on: January 13, 2006, 00:27:03 am »
Don't be too concerned BJ.  She'll start getting around when she wants to.  Maybe she'll be one of those that just gets up and starts walking  :wink:

My SIL has a fabulous idea.  She wants to invent something that goes in the duct work of your AC/Heating system with a button near your thermostat that you can push to dispense air neutralizer when the house smells like poop/puke.  I think she'd make a million.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1038 on: January 13, 2006, 02:10:41 am »
Gee thanks Amy.... :roll: As if I didnt' have enough to worry about!!  LOL  I would probably just faint dead away if I walked in the room and found her standing up.  So glad tomorrow is Friday.  Of course, this week went fast.  And I get 4 whole days off with Dh.  Monday is a holiday and the university is closed.  woohoo!!!!  And I get to order three pieces of furniture on Tuesday!!  So excited.

Oh and CUTE pic, Amy.

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1039 on: January 13, 2006, 02:13:23 am »
Aw, thanks.

I will have been off for a whole week when I go back on Tuesday.  I swear that I am more tired from being home than I am when I am working.  I guess it's the pooper patrol that wipes you out.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1040 on: January 13, 2006, 02:26:00 am »
I can take the poop patrol....it is lugging around a 20 lb dead weight on my hip because If  I put her down, she starts to cry that is wearing ME out!!!! :roll:   Maybe it would be better for her to just up and walk, then she could at least FOLLOW me everywhere.

Chelsea, I read your other post about Aiden....have you figured anything out yet?  I am so sorry he is feeling rough....been there, done that.  It's not all that fun.  {{{{{{get well soon, Aiden}}}}}}}

bj

Brandy-

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1041 on: January 13, 2006, 03:14:54 am »
Oh my gosh. I have been really busy with Aiden I guess because I missed like 6 pages! I am about to pass out but I to check in and see how all our sick babies are doing :cry:  :wink: .

Aiden had no fever today yeah! But he wouldn't eat. And this kid LOVES to eat I mean LOVES it. If I let him he would eat all day. But I he refused breast,bottle,syringe, sippy cup. I finially got him to eat before he went to sleep but I still don't know what is wrong. He went to sleep good for the first time in 3 days. He really wasn't unhappy, he had a 3 hour nap and woke up happy. Just wanted to play. I hope it was just an off day or something.

Glad everyone else's babies are getting better.  You guys are really scaring me with the SA. Aiden is super sensitve and super clingy. Just recently he started playing by himself a lot. I have gotten kind of used to that. Hope everything gets better. I have more to say but I hear a certain someone waking up. Looks like another long night....
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1042 on: January 13, 2006, 04:05:11 am »
Brock has had diarrhea for 3 days now.  He also refused his lunch solids for the last 2 days.  He gets 8 oz. of formula at night before bed and has been stopping at 6 oz.  He LOVES to eat and drink and usually gets VERY upset when the food/bottle is empty.  Last night he woke up at 11:30 and was unconsolable until 1:30 when he finally collapsed.  :(

He had his vomitting day but then there was about 28 hours of nothing and he was fine and normal and then this behavior started up.  Thats why I don't think his current behavior is related to the vomitting day.

Any suggestions?  I will take ANY and ALL!!  I have heard that when they are teething this kind of behavior can happen...anyone else heard or experienced that?

Thanks!
-Christine

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1043 on: January 13, 2006, 06:18:09 am »
wow!!  my computer was in getting fixed since just after christmas and had over 25 pages to read to get caught up!!!!  so sorry to hear about all the lo's being so sick   :(   just breaks your heart.

christine - don't know if u still have the night pooping problem but i would suggest try something like rice cereal or bananas for supper..should hold lo over until the morning

alecks has been using a very high octave for the past few months and just over the last 3 or 4 weeks found a very low...almost possessed sounding pitch  :twisted:  that makes her cough..i know when i tried to do it - it hurt my throat...and it's not so cute for a little girl to make this noise - anyone else hearing this?

orajel - try putting it on a q tip and then putting it on lo's gums - i used to have a huge problem getting it everywhere but the gums and this seems to help a lot.

is anyone still swaddling their lo's??  unfortunately i HAVE ( or so it seems) to or else my spirited lo would keep herself up forever...anyone have any suggestions besides swaddling or 'mittens'..they don't work

alecks plays shy around SOME people only some of the time tho.  she always seems to play shy with my dad and stepmom for whatever reason.    she has really taken a liking to men..smiles and does the low voice thing to get their attention...maybe that's it..maybe she's copying their voices??

i have read somewhere on this site that lanolin works for rashy bums.  although luke's bum may have been well beyond that..poor guy  :?

bj - don't feel bad about your tantrum - i have had the occasional few in the past few weeks myself.  was giving lo baby advil as per dr's orders for teething b/c it works better she said.  just yesterday figured out that was the reason why dd was getting up 10-20 times a night screaming bloody murder..i felt i was getting no support from dh or my mom..dh's suggestion was to stick a boob in her mouth everytime she cried :x all i wanted to do was come onto bw to see what REAL advice i could be given when eureka! i was reading a parenting magazine yesterday and it said that advil causes upset stomachs and for my little refluxer proved to be way to much for her to handle.  had a better night last night and tonight is going GREAT...no more mommy tantrums i promise!

on the pedialite - don't know what kind of electrolites they put in that stuff but it's something else.  when alecksandria was constantly vomitting and lifeless i gave her a few ounces of that stuff and she slowly started kicking her legs and suddenly she had life again!  stuff is wonderous!!

anyway so sorry for the long post...haven't been around just trying to catch up on everyone and my own questions!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1044 on: January 13, 2006, 06:19:10 am »
i was trying to post a pic but just kept saying error..anyone have any ideas on how to fix it??
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1045 on: January 13, 2006, 12:22:54 pm »
Regarding the different pitches...Abbi has been trying out all different sounds as well. I know what you mean about high and low pitches.  I guess they have to practice every kind of pitch to see what gets attention and stuff.

Thanks for posting thoughts on development issues. I agree, they all develop at different rates and she will be on the move soon enough.

Christine - If your LO is still throwing up today I would visit the doctor. I think that is more than teething.  Could your LO have the flu?  Could it be a new food? 

Leslie

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1046 on: January 13, 2006, 13:59:41 pm »
Ooooh, my heart goes out to Brock!  Poor little guy, I get so upset when I see an out of sorts baby...  I wish I could give you advice, but it seems to me that you have explored your option that I would have.   :?

I'm on my way out the door to the doc's office that Santiago gets a shot today and I'm going to ask her about the pain on his cheek and about his food!!! She has me restricted on only fruits and I KNOW he's ready for other stuff.  Not even cereal! Even though about twice a week I give him a little, as a treat.

We went to the shooting of the commercial last night.....it was horrible for me :cry:.  I'll write all about it this afternoon when I get back.

Love you guys
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1047 on: January 13, 2006, 14:05:59 pm »
Brock and Aiden might both have ear infections.  I would ask your pediatrician.  Luke was still happy-go-lucky and the only reason we had any clue that he was out of sorts was that he didn't want his bottles and he had a fever.  A lot of people say to watch for pulling of the ears, but Luke never did this and he had one mother of an ear infection.

My nephew is barfing and throwing up constantly...they are going to have to go to the doc today b/c we think the little man is dehydrated.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1048 on: January 13, 2006, 15:36:47 pm »
Jency was eating 2oz of a fruit cereal mix fir breakfast then he would have 2oz of veggies at lunch and then 2oz veggies and 2oz of fruit for dinner, plus bf 4 times a day and once at night.

But all of a sudden he started eating 2 times at night. Then he stopped wanting to eat breakfast or lunch. Last night I only fed him once and he still refused to eat breakfast.

He gets up at 7:30am and I've always bf him and then fed breakfast at 8:30am. This hasn't changed. Same for lunch. He wakes around 11:00 and I BF him at 11:30 and then feed solids anywhere from 12:00-12:30. Then he goes back down for nap around 1:00/1:30. Then he wakes 2:30/3:00 and I bf him at 3:30 and he gets those fruit and veggie puffs (only a couple) Then he sometimes takes a cat nap and then has dinner at 5:30ish then bf at 7:30ish.

Can anyone tell me why he has been doing this? Is there anything I can be doing differently? should I go ahead and feed him solids before bfing? Should I feed him only solids he likes for awhile.
He loves banana's and sweet potatos.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1049 on: January 13, 2006, 15:40:51 pm »
The thing I figured out was that once I had things figured out, they would change.  We normally try to space bottles and solids an hour apart.  Most times the bottle will come first, but the last bottle before he goes to bed comes right at bedtime.  Here's his ideal schedule...

6:30 - Wake and Bottle
8:30ish - Cereal and fruit
9:00 - nap
10:30 - bottle
12:00 - veggies
12:30 or 1 - nap
2:30 - bottle
4:00-cat nap
5:00 or 5:30- veggies and fruit
bath, bottle and in bed by 6:30

I would keep offering a variety of foods.  He might find that he does like something more.  Especially if you tweak his schedule.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08