Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121886 times)

Offline Superman'sMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1050 on: January 13, 2006, 16:23:37 pm »
Well Aiden didn't do too bad last night. He woke up 2x to eat but since he didn't eat all day that was good I guess. He took both breasts well this morning but refused his solids. So I will see what he does when he wakes up from his nap.

I guess I should just take him to the doctors. I have been in their twice already and he has always been fine. They checked out his ears and everything. But I guess it won't hurt. He still doesn't have a fever-yeah!  But I noticed his nose has been a bit stuffy since last night. Hmmmm

We need to start a new thread called Our Poor Sick Babies.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

I almost forgot I was going to ask what everyones lo are eating. My docter said to just stick with fruits and veggies and cereal, just start moving to the chunkier versions. Well last time I asked them advice they told me not to give him fruits because he wouldn't like his veggies then. So I am a bit of a rebel to them. But they said just the basic ones, ie. sweet potatoes, peas, applesauce...Not anything like brocolli or avacado. But I think that is fine. Anyways just curious to see what everyone is doing. Pediatritions don't seem to agree on anything when it comes to food.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1051 on: January 13, 2006, 16:39:46 pm »
Well we just got back from the doc's office.......

It was a bitter-sweet appointment.  Good things are that Santiago doesn't have an ear infection and she thinks he may have bumped his cheek while trying to learn how to crawl.  She also thinks it not his teeth because his gums aren't swollen, so it seems the other teeth aren't coming in just yet.  Buuuuuuuut, he barely gained any weight in the past 1 1/2 months  :( only 300 grams  :(.  So I have to feed him cereal twice a day, soup for lunch, fruits in the afternoon and formula at night!  I really thought I was going to be able to pull off not giving him formula ever.  I really really wanted for him to go from the breast to the cup.   :cry:  I really can't express my feelings, such a sense of defeat and loss.  I know it's only one bottle and he'll still be a mostly bfed baby, but I wanted to avoid formula at all costs (for personal reasons).  And to hear the doc be SO concerned with his poor weight gain made me feel like I'm not providing him with the best care.  In fact, she's so concerned that she says if he's not on track by next month she wants to do urine and blood tests to see if it's more serious than she thought! OMG!!!!!  I feel like the worst mommy ever!  He's just so happy and social and hitting his milestones on time (actually a bit early) I thought everything was going well.

I'm so upset, and yesterday's photoshoot for the commercial was so awful too.  They had him awake and trying to make him smile until 12 at night!  Damn it! If only I had known it was going to be so late prior to the commercial I would have NEVER agreed to it! And they wouldn't let me get close to him because he would cry harder! Dh had no idea what to do both the baby and I were crying our eyes out.

I really hope dh gives me a bit of TLC this weekend, I really need it   :cry:
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1052 on: January 13, 2006, 16:46:31 pm »
Hugs to you Rebeca!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1053 on: January 13, 2006, 17:05:46 pm »
sorry for u and lo rebecaq!  sounds awful what lo had to go through... :?

just wondering if anyone has had any troubles with baths?  alecks LOVED her baths until suddenly last week.  she gets excited when she hears the bath running still but then once she's in for just a couple minutes she starts bawling and screaming...is it a developmental thing?  nothing 'traumatic' has ever happened concerning her bath - i think we both always looked forward to it, which is why i find it so strange that she suddenly has a great dislike for them.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1054 on: January 13, 2006, 17:08:31 pm »
Rebeca!!!!  How awful!!!  Poor Santiago, how is he doing from now?  Did he at least sleep late?   And as for the formula situation...do not be hard on yourself!!!  You have given him 6 WHOLE months of breastmilk, that is 6 months more then I gave my kids!!!  You have accomplished quite a thing.  And even though I am a "formula mom" (also for personal reasons), I would never try to convince you that it was best for your baby.  But I promise it wont' hurt him.  :)   Breast feeding was NEVER my thing...it was almost as though, God gave me boobs, but never for THAT purpose!!!  LOL, it just never interested me.  And if ppl want to call me a bad mother because of it, then let them, but BOTH of my children have been in the 90th-100th percentile for EVERYTHING possible at the dr office.

Chelsea, Cait is eating stage 2 everything. Fruit, veggies, meat with veggies and cereal.   And, hehehehehe, I think I am going to buy her the "Gerber Puffs" this weekend at the grocery store.  :D   I want to see how she will do with a new finger food.  I never did get the chance to mash up the avacado, but she has had real banana (as if the jar food isnt' real  :roll: ) and seemed to like that.  Do you have (or anyone else for that matter) one of those mesh bag eating thingy?  It is where you put the chunkier foods in it and they chew on it, but dont' actually get any food till it can fit through the holes?

Tee, glad you found the article on the Advil.  We can't give Ryan Motrin...makes him break out, so we aren't trying it with Cait either.

Speaking of breaking out, Amy, how is Spot?  :wink:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1055 on: January 13, 2006, 17:29:20 pm »
Amy - love the picture - you both look great!

Adria - can't get into the website, tried lower and upper case for the password and used my email address and told me it was wrong.......

Jodie - love the website and pictures - how fun!

Becky - Wedding pictures are great - you got some good pictures and Santiago is a cute little boy too!

Thanks all for sharing the pictures! I need to go back a couple pages and make sure I didn't miss any.

I just updated our site this morning with more pictures - http://www.babyhomepages.net/caeden

We are eating well - potatoes, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, avacado, banana, applesauce and pears. We have also tried the Gerber puffs and he loves playing with them, rarely gets them into the mouth, but does good with them if I put one in there. We have done cherry and sweet potato so far. Also, got something called Baby Mum-Mum's at Vitamin Cottage, they are rice rusks and he likes those too.

Okay - I have to stop playing and pay bills and clean house!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1056 on: January 13, 2006, 18:07:35 pm »
Thanks Jennifer

Luke is on stage 2 foods, but he absolutely did NOT like the meat when I tried to introduce it.  His face completely turned inside out, so I left that alone for a while.  Maybe I will try mixing one of the stage 1 meats with some stage 2 sweet potatoes or applesauce and see how that goes, but I won't hold my breath.  Tell me about the veggie puffs.  I don't know about those.  Is he too young?  He doesn't even have any top teeth to help gnaw them down.  I am guessing that they pretty much dissolve, right?

BJ, spot is doing much better, thank you.   :lol: His rash is still there but doesn't look nearly as painful as it did. 

One thing that I am about to shoot myself for is not giving him his Axid for four days.  I wanted to see how he would do off of it, esp since he was taking so many other meds.  He spit up the same without it as he did with it.  Well, I guess after four days it's totally out of his system because everything that has gone in his mouth today has come right back out on me.  It's not vomiting, it's the reflux.  AND IT GROSSES ME OUT!  I STINK!  But, I just keep changing my shirt b/c I only want to take one shower today.  I am going to a concert tonight (The Texas A&M Singing Cadets in case anyone cares  :wink: ) and I only want to get ready one time today.  Soooooooooo, I am still in my jammies, but I am on my fourth shirt.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1057 on: January 13, 2006, 18:40:07 pm »
The have the Cadets from TAMU's El Paso campus?  Hhmmmm...didnt' know that.  Sorry you are having to change shirts a million times, but it does beat smelling like puke all day.  Of course, if you don't want another anytime soon...just keep one of those on, and DH will stay away.  :wink:
The puffs dissolve in their mouths, they are in the baby section of walmart and target.  Yellow canister kinda shaped like an hour glass.  I am really excited.

Anyway, I have an interview for a student worker in about 20 minutes, so I guess I better prep for that.  :roll:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1058 on: January 13, 2006, 19:29:55 pm »
No, the Singing Cadets from TAMU in College Station.    David Kipp, their director, is also the director of the Reveliers.  I was in the Reveliers when I was in college.  Anyway, David married my husband and me.  Love the Singing Cadets.

Sorry everyone else if you don't know what I am talking about

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1059 on: January 13, 2006, 19:40:53 pm »
Okay I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to say Rebeca you are not a bad mommy. Your Doctor is a bad doctor for making you feel like that. IMHO I think you should consider switching doctors. She automatically blamed it seems like. What percentile is he for weight? Did he drop a percentile. Aiden didn't gain much for a few months but he is healthy and happy and is in a helathy percentile. Why does she think it is your milk? Maybe just getting a second opinion. And wasn't this the docter that resricted you to only fruits until now? And now she wants you to bombard him with all this food?  What does he weight?

When Aiden was 4 days old he had jaundice. When we found out I started to cry because I was so scared for my poor baby. The docter looks at me and said," Well don't get your feelings hurt. It isn't my job to protect your feelings , it is my job to protect your baby." I should have beat her. Then she said I couldn't make enough milk to feed him and we needed to supplement. After 3 days and many force feedings later. He gained a pound over the weekend and stopped taking the breast. I called and she told me too bad. So I stopped giving him formula and breast feed him when he was hungry and what do you know I haven't killed him yet.

I got to go tend to Aiden but I just wanted to say that.  Obiviously I am not a doctor but I think your doctor should be a bit more supportive fro lack of a better word.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1060 on: January 13, 2006, 19:44:29 pm »
Rebeca, I just switched pediatricians because I felt like mine never listened to me nor did he ever care what I had to say.  Moving to another doctor was the best thing I have ever done.  I love my new pediatrician.  I have to second the opinion that you should look into another.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1061 on: January 13, 2006, 20:38:12 pm »
I guess I should have known better than to assume that the circle of germs wouldn't make it to me  :(  Last night at around 11:00 I started vomiting and it pretty much didn't stop until 10:00 this morning.  getting on this computer is the first time Ive left the bed  :(  I hate throwing up more than anything else!  I will take a month long battle with diarrhea before throwing up even once.

Brock still has diarrhea.  I am going to call the doc later, (after I get rid of this harsh acid like burning in my throat) to set up an appointment.  Thanks for all the advice.

One good thing did happen because of my sickness, though.  My husband had to get up and pat/shoosh Brock twice last night AND he had to get up with him at 5:00 this morning to get him ready for the day.  It was so interesting to actually seeing dh have to take full responsibility for once. He looked like a walking zombie when he left this morning, and I felt like screaming, "see! do you see now why I am always so tired?!"

As far as foods, Brock is also on all stage 2 foods.  But we haven't given him any meats yet.  Just fruits and veggies.  He is also still eating rice cereal.  I figured I would finish the box and then just keep him on straight fruits and veggies.

-Christine

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1062 on: January 13, 2006, 21:10:31 pm »
Christine, why do you want to stop the cereal?  Just wondering b/c it's on my grocery list for this weekend.

I am so sorry you are sick.  I would rather have the month long diarrhea as well.  Bless your heart!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1063 on: January 13, 2006, 21:10:41 pm »
Christine, why do you want to stop the cereal?  Just wondering b/c it's on my grocery list for this weekend.

I am so sorry you are sick.  I would rather have the month long diarrhea as well.  Bless your heart!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1064 on: January 13, 2006, 21:10:59 pm »

I am so sorry you are sick.  I would rather have the month long diarrhea as well.  Bless your heart!  Drink some Sprite and feel better soon!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08