Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121822 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1065 on: January 13, 2006, 21:14:20 pm »
I too am keeping Caeden on cereal, usually just for breakfast mixed with fruit for awhile. I have mixed rice with oatmeal to give some variety and he seems to like the oatmeal better.

Hope you are feeling better Christine!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1066 on: January 13, 2006, 21:15:00 pm »
Ok, not sure why my post posted three times.  I guess I REALLY want you to feel better  :wink:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1067 on: January 13, 2006, 21:18:58 pm »
Christine!!!  Poor MOMMY!!!  Maybe we can just all get this and be done with it for the rest of the year.  It's probably because none of us have experienced a "winter" yet, so these stupid germs just keep growing and mutating in all of this warm weather.  We need a good freeze to kill them off...you know, like fleas.   :lol:

I hope you feel better soon.  :D

Okay, I am confused.....so all of you stage 2 moms.....you are not feeding your lo meat mixed with veggies?  Like last night Cait had Chicken with broccoli (ugh, it stunk!!!), and she has ham with apples, and turkey with sweet potatoes.  It is all mixed together in one jar.  I have 4 rows in my cabinet.  Fruits, Vegs, Meats and cereal.  And when I say meat, I mean meat mixed with a veggie.  Poor kid gets lots of veggies, because dinner is usually a meat/veggie and then a side veggie.   :roll:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1068 on: January 13, 2006, 21:39:31 pm »
yeah the site is being wacko.....maybe it has caught our bug.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1069 on: January 13, 2006, 21:55:30 pm »
Poor Poor BW site.  Feel better soon  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:

I mentioned to my hubby today that I'd like to try meats again.  He said that he thinks we should wait until the rash is all gone and Luke has recovered from this trauma.  Gosh, he's smart.

Well, Luke took a 30 minute nap from 12:30-1.  He usually takes his real nap at about 2.  So, at ten till, I put him in his bed.  He sang and talked for about 15 minutes.  Um, he's still asleep two hours later.  He was due for a bottle at 3:30.  I guess I will let him sleep.  If he's sleepin' this long, it must be for a reason.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1070 on: January 13, 2006, 22:53:20 pm »
Chelsea, thanks so much for your support.  The doc we have now has been the ped for all the kids in our family and things have gone well with her so far.  I called her after reading your post and cleared up many things.  She apologized for making me feel like a bad mommy, she told me she was just concerned for Santiago and since she knows all of our family well she may have become a bit more emotional than with other patients.  She then went on to say she was proud of me for still bf and being so adimant (sp?) about it.  And she wants me to keep bf until his first year. Just to complement it at night with 6 oz of formula, so out of 40 oz he drinks 34 are still breast milk. His growth percentile stayed the same, the 65th %, but his weight one which had been the 65th % also dropped radically to the 20th%.  About only giving him fruits she said she wanted to introduce him slowly to solids because all of my dh's family has insulin problems, so the veggies he would start on are complex carbs and create more insulin than fruits.

I was considering going to my lc who is also a ped, but she is a bit extremist and makes rather risky choices for babies for my personal comfort.  So I'll stay with my regular ped for now and see what happens next month at ds's follow up appointment.  I'm still going to do some things my way, like making his cereal with breast milk instead of formula and cook all his food ( soup, compotes, veggies etc ) myself in the healthiest way possible rather than the store bought kinds ( for fruity, nature-freak, personal reasons ).

I really appreciate everyone's support, it's been a hard hard day for me and was actually teary eyed when trying to pick out a formula for him.  If it wouldn't have been for you guys I would have been much worse.

***KISSES***
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1071 on: January 13, 2006, 23:53:05 pm »
Rebeca,

I am so glad that you spoke with your Ped. because I was feeling really bad for you too. I know that I had a similar experience at about 7 weeks with my DD and I was soooo  upset. Me being upset in turn upset my DD who was an angel baby that turned into a very grumpy baby for a weekend. After discussions with my DH, we decided to go back to what seemed to be working so well before. In the long run she has been happier for it.

I hope that you and Santiago can work this out and that you don't have to give up bf.  My DD quit BF around 5.5 months which was WAY sooner than I wanted or expected. I was VERY emotional at the beginning but am happy that she seems okay.

On another note, I don't know what got into her today....she has not napped at all! She had about 1/2 hour this morning, 40 min this afternoon and then I got her to nap for about 1hr  late this afternoon. Not normal at all. Guess you just roll with it though right?

Hugs to everyone out there. Am feeling kind of down tonight and hope you are all hanging in there.

Leslie

Offline mrshamilton24

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1072 on: January 14, 2006, 01:01:52 am »
amy- I guess I just figured that it is about time for Brock to move forward in his eating.  If we get him just on baby food, then it might make the transition to more solid like food easier.  But to be perfectly honest, I don't really know why.  It was just one of those mom instinct things that I had.  I have a niece and a nephew that are both 9 months and they stopped the rice cereal at about 7 months.  They are now both eating things like cheerios and crackers.

However, I could be all wrong.  It was just my little mind thinking it might be time to stop the rice cereal.

thanks to everyone for all the well wishes  :)

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1073 on: January 14, 2006, 02:29:10 am »
On the food questions, I started him with the cereals then one veggie at a time.  I introduced pears as the first fruit about a week ago.  According to the literature I got from Quebec where he was born, we should be introducing cereals first, then 2 weeks later veggies, 2 weeks after that fruit then 2 weeks after that, if things are going well we can start adding meat.  This is all based on introducing solids at 6 months.  There is the standard wait of 4 to 5 days before introducing a new food.

I don't have a break between his bottle and his solid foods though.  We do cereal with pears in the morning, then his bottle.  For lunch, it's two different veggies followed by his bottle, then at teatime, it's cereal with fruit again and another bottle.  He has one more bottle before his bath, then another one for his dreamfeed.  This has worked quite well for us. 

He is still consuming around 25 ozs of formula per day and has been increasing the amounts of solids daily.

This is what we've been doing.

Cheers
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1074 on: January 14, 2006, 02:53:16 am »
Now that I have finished reading all of the posts from today, I wanted to add that we are still doing both rice cereal and wheat cereals.  He doesn't like the rice cereal very much so I have to add the fruit to it, it's just really bland.  Have you guys tasted the stuff?!  I bought a box of barley cereal today and will introduce it later in the week. 

Rebeca - My heart goes out to you with your ped problems, but I am so glad to hear that you challenged her to explain herself to you and not just take what she said as "word from God".  I know that's a problem for so many of us, we just assume that because they are doctors that we should do everything they say, good for you for standing up for yourself.

Chelsea - I love the new picture of Aiden.  He's getting so big!

teezee - glad to see you back!  :)

My DH is out with the boys tonight, so It's just me, a cup of tea and surfing the net....Aahhhh, peace and quite.  He gets a night out, and tomorrow morning, I get to sleep in.....Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Cheers to all, Happy Friday!
Judy

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1075 on: January 14, 2006, 03:37:30 am »
Thanks...he really looks so old to me now. He is more and more like a little man everyday, not just a baby KWIM.

Thanks for everyones food lists. We haev tried all the regular veggies and almost all the fruits.  So I was wondering if I should introduce soem diffrent veggies or fruits or meats. I think I will just take it easy (haha) I tend to get carried away. He is starting the stage 2, he doens't even like the stage one. i have to thickin it up with some cereal. And I alway mix his fruit or veggie with some cereal. It just ups the caloric intake. And it thickens it up. I was going to continue it until he started finger foods like cheerios or whatever.

Lesile alot of the babies have been refusing naps. Aiden did it for two days but he is back to normal now. i can't explain it but  it will get better.

Rebeca, I am so glad you got it worked out. I didn't mean to go on a rampage or anything  :oops: . But I just got a little mad. Doctors aren't alwasy right and I just wanted you to feel better and get the care you and your lo deserve. i am glad it is worked out. I give Aiden a bottle sometimes, if he is having a growth spurt or something and I don't have enought milk for him. I did cry the first couple times he took it.  :oops:  But it is the best thing for him. I am tired, good night ya'll
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1076 on: January 14, 2006, 23:53:45 pm »
Well, all I can say is that you ladies are the absolute best!  Here's how our day went basically....

Santiago has happier and more playful than ever EXCEEEEEEPT when he saw the bottle.  He would try to do a backflip to get out of my arms, and he did the same with dh and my mom.  Kudos for my little man!  He just had this look of "Mommy, you traitor you!"  So what did I do? I said fine, you need more calories, great, I'll make you cereal with formula and your feeds with breastmilk.  I've been pumping about an hour after each feed to get things going even more than they already are.  He had yummy squash soup for lunch which he lapped up and his compote at tea time. 

I was thinking about the growth charts are based in formula babies and then I got to thinking. I have (as my signature says, 2 spirited babies rolled into one) whi naps 3 times a day, 2 of which are 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps, sleeps from 7 to 7, has hit every milestone on time or early... so hmmmmmmm, seems to me he's as healthy as they get.  So what if he's not chubby, his dad and I are both slim, so go figure, so is our baby! 

About dh, yeah! Shame on him! And he's been a booger today too! Sorry for the childish name calling, but it's what he deserves.  We went out in the afternoon for a walk in the park to talk about yesterday. So we sat on a bench and there was about 20 mins of silence before I decided to come back home.  I don't really know what to do with him.....

UUUUGH cr*ppy weekend
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1077 on: January 15, 2006, 00:32:49 am »
I think there is a lot to be said for a mother's instinct and it sounds as if Santiago is a very happy little baby (except when trying to force feed him formula).  You can try to give him more calories and wait until his next appointment but I have a feeling it will all work itself out.

Sabine - sorry I wasn't more specific. The rash is under her chin (neck) in her folds of skin.  I washed it really really well in the bath tonight and am going to try and keep it dry. She does get a little bit of rash from teething under her bottom lip but I am not worried about that one.  The one on her neck has gotten bumby and looks sore.  I am sure if I give it some attention I can get it cleared up.  Thanks though.

Another quiet night at home. DH is working....I should be doing school work but this website is too addictive.  Good way to procrastinate.

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1078 on: January 15, 2006, 00:54:13 am »
Brock is too cute!

Rebeca good for you. It seems as if the two of you know what is best. Smart little boy. He will be fine. Not all babies are the same and doctors do not always know what is best. I am glad things are better. Again shame on dh. They can really suck sometimes. Mine has been PMSing all day. I know he is tired and stressed from school and work but don't take it out on me! I hate it because he is great and everything will be fine until he gets busy again and then he just gets so moody. I would rather him be gone! That is mean but he acts like a child and he won't talk about it or even admit anything is wrong. Oh so you are just acting like a butt for no reason! So much better.

I agree people/doctors seem to think young= dumb. Makes me sooo mad.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1079 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:39 am »
Man, I missed a ton of posts.  I am not getting any notices.  Poor, poor BW site.  Do you need to try another antibiotic?  Luke had to try 4 before we found one that worked...and maybe you need a shot, too, but then you might be allergic and turn into Spot.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:

Rebeca, the pediatrician we had before we switched on Jan 3 always made me feel as though he was thinking "God, not this one again.  Can't she figure anything out?"  To be perfectly honest, I am sorta thinking the guy is an a$$.  Oh, did I say that out loud?

I tried the veggie puffs today.  Luke looked at it as if to say, "You eat that thing.  I ain't touchin' it."  So, I did and it was quite tasty.

We introduced the Stage 2 meat mixed with a veggie.  Today it was chicken with sweet potatoes.  He "mmmmmm'd" his way through it, so I guess it was a success.   He had 2/3 of a jar for dinner!
BJ, are you partying hard?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08