Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121890 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1095 on: January 15, 2006, 18:24:34 pm »
Quote (selected)
Does anyone else have problems sleeping? It is great that Abbi sleeps through the night but maybe I need some sleep training

:lol: I need sleep training aswell!! :?  Im really tired and fall a\sleep ok but then wake up in the night and cant get back to sleep!!! Maybe DH needs to do some pick up put dpwn on me!! :wink:
Alison

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1096 on: January 15, 2006, 19:17:03 pm »
Luke is waking up at 3:45 these days.  Lucky for us, this morning he just played for a bit and slept until 5:30, but then he was up and ready to be fed RIGHT THEN.  Then he goes back to sleep until 8 or so.  His nights are so off, poor thing.  But, I will say that his morning nap and his afternoon nap are right on schedule.  They haven't changed at all.  If I try to keep him up later at night, it's miserable for all of us, mainly him, so I just go ahead an let him go to bed at 6:45.  Normally he'll sleep until 6:45 am, buuuuuuuuut not these days!

Yes, I am in West Texas...Midland to be exact.  The hometown of George and Laura Bush.  Her mother actually a member of our church and I see her quite often.  She's a very nice lady.  She always compliments me when I sing.  Maybe she'll get me in the White House  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
The only jack rabbits I have seen are on the golf course.  I never saw so many of them.  And prairie dogs and pump jacks.  I thought I'd moved to hell when we moved here.  I am originally from the Houston area, so this was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig change for me.

But, BJ and I are connected....I graduated from Texas A&M University.  My husband graduated from The University of Texas, so we are a house divided  :wink:

How did everyone meet their hubby?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline LeslieG

• Showing Appreciation 95
  • Big sis Abigail Grace - lil bro, Lucas Haden
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1097 on: January 15, 2006, 21:43:52 pm »
Alison,

That is me to a tee! I fall asleep okay and then I usually hear my DH come to bed (he is a late to bed guy and usually works late as well). Then I fall back asleep until the 4ish range and then have a really hard time getting back to sleep between 4 and 6 or 6:30.....ugh.  I think it might just be a motherhood thing. 

How did my DH and I meet?   We both were working in Lake Louise, Alberta.  I was managing 60 staff in a busy restaurant at the Chateau Lake Louise.  He was a staff member of mine.  At the time there was no interest. I was living with someone else and wasn't looking to move to a different partner.  Fast forward about 8-9 months.  I decided to move back home to Ontario.  I left my job, my boyfriend, apartment etc...and decided to go back to school.  I was doing my post-grad diploma in PR and I walked into a restaurant here in London and there was Steve.  I knew I had worked with him out west and thought it would be nice to get together and hang out.  Well....we started hanging out and realizing how much we had in common etc... and our friendship soon turned into more.  We married within a year.  This summer we will be married 5 years. Can't believe how the time has flown by.  The funny thing is that Steve had a dream while still working with me out West that we ran into each other and started dating.  Strange!

Anyone else want to share?

Offline jordon&dylansmom

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Toronto, Canada
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1098 on: January 15, 2006, 21:52:25 pm »
My Hubby was my landlord.  My roomate being a gay man, thought he was pretty attractive and invited him over for dinner hoping that he was also gay.  Apparently not.  We drank 5 bottles of wine that night, and have been together pretty much ever since.  Dating for 5 years and married for 3 and a half.  He likes to joke to people that he came over to fix the plumbing and never left.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1099 on: January 15, 2006, 22:14:51 pm »
Me and DH went to uni together. Id just got out of a serious relationship (we were engaged) with my boyfriend from school who id been with since i was 16. I wanted to ensure i didnt fall in love again, as i just wanted some fun, so when Phil (who was my friend... but also known for being a ladys man!!) and me became close we decided to keep it casual and just have fun. We had an on off relationship for our final year at uni, and became best friends. When we left uni we decided "casual" didn't work long distance (he lived in liverpool, me in oxford... not long distance compared with the states... but pretty far for england :wink: ) so we broke up. Thats when we realised that completely against our will we'd fallen in love :D  That was 7 years ago.. we've lived together for the last four and a half years and been maried since Jan 2004.
Alison

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1100 on: January 15, 2006, 22:16:31 pm »
By the way dh was never really a ladys man.. it was just there were 10 females to every male at our uni.. so he was making the most of it!!!! :wink:  :lol:
Alison

Offline alison toms mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1101 on: January 15, 2006, 22:17:16 pm »
Wouldn't want you all to think i married a sleeze!! :o
Alison

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1102 on: January 15, 2006, 22:21:34 pm »
My husband married one of my best friends from high school and I sang in their wedding.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Superman'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 58
  • Hey Superman!
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1103 on: January 16, 2006, 02:42:48 am »
What? I gotta hear that story!

Actually DP worked for me. I was his manager and I was training him to move up a position. We would always stay after work and talk for hours in the parking lot. We just clinked I guess. I really wasn't expecting anything like that... I was a total workaholic! Now I am a stay at home mom! Strange how life works out sometimes.

Has anyone elses babies every gotten the hiccups and woke up. Aiden woke up about an hour after I put him down and when I went in there and picked him up he was hiccuping like crazy. It was the funniest thing. Poor guy was so tired and everytime he would lay his head down he would hiccup.
Chelsea

Mom to SPIRITED Aiden
Born 7/10/2005

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1104 on: January 16, 2006, 03:02:45 am »
Jake gets the hiccups all the time :) Especially when he goes to bed at night.

So.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake's two bottom teeth are breaking through yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am so excited, there are two little white stumps barely through the gums, I can't wait for them to be all the way in. How long does it take once they have started?

Also, anybody's lo giving them grief in the eating department... my big boy doesn't seem to want to eat... and it's very frustrating! Maybe it's the teeth????

Amy- your husband did what... ? :) Aren't you a saint for even going to the wedding!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1105 on: January 16, 2006, 03:05:59 am »
Hi there ladies.  You've got quite a few pages going on your thread.  Would you like for us to lock this one so you can start fresh with another?
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1106 on: January 16, 2006, 03:09:56 am »
Amy....please tell us that he divorced your best friend and THEN married you???   :wink:   I know you live in West Texas, but we dont' stretch all the way to Utah.  :wink:  :lol:

Dh and I went to grade school together, I then switched schools in jr high.  Fast forward 6 years, and we ended up working together in a mom and pop gas station(Lewis' Exxon in Hempstead, Amy, you had to go through it to get to A&M).  My dad had a heartattack, my boyfriend at the time wouldn't come home from A&M to be with me and Dh walked into the office, asked what was wrong.  He gave me a hug.  That was in March of '94, I left loser boy and started dating dh  July 8th, we were engaged by January 8th '95 (really special night  :D ), moved in together January 13th, bought our first house in May '95, got married August 25th and we have been married for 10.5 years, have 2 kids and 1 cat.  I wouldn't trade him for the world!!  He is definitely my BETTER half. 

Leslie, Cait only roles from tummy to back....and that isnt' even consistently.  I think I am going to see what the dr says Tuesday.  I know she is a big baby, I went through this with Ryan, he was slow to move too.

Yes, I spent in addition to my gift cards, $40.00+ and that doesn't even get all of our stuff off our registry.  The college kids have come back into town from the xmas holidays and it seems as though they "forgot" all of their freakin' furniture and have to go to Target the SAME day I am and buy all of their stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  *%%#%@#^%&*^**(&())(*(^%&$%^#$%^  I am not happy.  Darn good thing I am going to Houston in the morning, I will just hit one of the Targets there.  Also going to Kohl's, that is my new fav store.

Yet....here I am with ANOTHER BOOK.  So sorry guys.  Just one more thing.  When we got home tonight, dh has going back out to the truck to get our target stuff....in our entry way was a huge scorpion!!! :shock:   We had them out at our property, but I really didnt' think we would have them here too!!!  I hate those things.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1107 on: January 16, 2006, 03:13:18 am »
sure Heather, if that is what we need to do, just let us know.

bj

Brandy-

Offline rebecaq

• Showing Appreciation 153
  • It's Naked Time!
    • Mac Homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1108 on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:25 am »
I met dh when I was 15 and sneaking into clubs with my sister's ID.  She took me one night and said it would be easier to get in if I pretended to be the gf of one her bf's friends.  As soon as I saw César I said " I wanna go in with him!" :shock: When they asked him if he'd be willing to go in with me just so I could get past the bouncers he rolled his eyes and made a stink.  When he asked "Where is she? Oh! THAT'S her!?!?!? No, I have nooooo problem"  We talked all night.  Fast through the years and I cheat on all my bf's with him and he on all his gf's with me, but we could never get serious with each other.  He's an uptight preppy nerd, I'm a tattooed, live on the wild side hippie.  I then get serious about a bf and stop fooling around with César.  The other dude and I last 3 years and had a HORRIBLE break-up, so I vowed to be man-free for a whole year.  A friend of mine started telling me I was to rash, so I said " Fine, Mr Perfect can call only tonight if not I'm alone for a year" *** I'm not making this up*** my phone rang THAT second and it was César asking me out !!  We got out for 2 years, he takes me to Bogota, Colombia for Christmas and asks me to marry him, all is great then we break up, I go to Europe to clear my head, come back home, we get back together, take off to the beach to consolidate our wedding plans and BOOM!! We made more than wedding plans, we made Santiago!!! LOL!!  That was in Oct, we were married on the same beach we made Santiago in Jan.

Wheeeew! That's a long story! And I made the details as consice as possible!
Beca - Momma of two Mini Dudes ;D
          Wife to the Big Dude ;D
[img=http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png]http://b3.lilypie.com/w5d0m4/.png[/img][/url][url=http://lilypie.com][img=http://b1.lilypie.com/P8R8m4/.png]http://

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #1109 on: January 16, 2006, 03:41:02 am »
Oh Rebeca that is a great story!!!!!!!  I love it!!!!

bj

Brandy-