Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121888 times)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2005, 21:43:54 pm »
WOO HOO, Luke!!!

Sounds as though he is growing strong, and good luck on the other formula.  Boy....they have us formula mom's by the toes on the cost of that formula don't they!!  I went to walmart this morning and paid $56.00+ for 2 cans of formula, a 48 pack of diapers and a gallon of milk.

gee whiz.  can't drive anywhere and can barely feed the kid!  :roll:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2005, 21:47:52 pm »
Yeah, well, at least we're in Texas and not in NYC!!!  Then we'd REALLY not be able to afford to go anywhere!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2005, 21:20:35 pm »
Just have to share...Luke FINALLY rolled over!  He was crying in his crib b/c it was time to eat and when I got in there I saw that he had finally rolled over from back to tummy.  DH and I had to have a little "jump up and down and celebrate time".  We are such dorks.  Will I still act this stupid with baby number 2?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2005, 22:24:57 pm »
Hey all! Loving the new avatars gals! Caeden and Luke are soooo cute!! I'll put one of Red up soon! He is getting cuter by the minute, lots of big smiles and 'chatting' all the time!!

Can i get the boy to nap for more than 45 mins tho?? Not a chance in hell! He goes down great (with paci - but who cares!!) but always wakes up and rarely goes back to sleep! Help me!! NIghttimes are going great - bed at 7pm, DF at 10.30pm and then through till 5am ish - yay!! He has become even more fussy when feeding at the moment, but i figure this is just because he is overtired!

Bj and Kayna,, how you doing??
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2005, 12:34:02 pm »
I am at work  :evil:   I will post tonight!

YAY!!  Luke!!

(come on, Cait!!) :D

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2005, 13:34:22 pm »
Hi everyone  :lol: . We are doing very well here. Avery continues to sleep like a dream at night which makes everything else easier during the days  :wink: . She has learned to fall asleep on her own now for the most part  :D  but still will cry sometimes before drifting off. Luckily it's only for a couple minutes now and it seems to be less and less. :roll: She is still taking her pacifer right before naps and bed which has made a world of difference 8) .

I'm still working on getting her allergies worked out. We knew she was allergic to dairy and so I went off of that and her bloody stools cleared right up. But instead of returning to the "normal" bf baby poop they were very watery and runny :x . I decided last week to take soy out of my diet as well. Things were starting to look really well until I accidently got a dose of butter and the blood came back within 24 hours  :cry:  poor thing. Anyway, there has been major improvements and I plan to stay off diary and soy now until further testing in the future :roll: . It kinda sucks but the baby weight has been dropping rather quickly (6 lbs in 3 weeks, yay) just 4 more to go. Who knew what cheese could do to ones butt and thighs  :roll:  :wink:  :roll:  :wink: .

Avery has also been napping so much better at other people's houses. It's so nice to be "free" again. As long as I can swaddle her, darken the room, and have her pacifer she does alright. Her carseat has been a ton better as well. We must have passed some kind of hidden milestone. How about everyone else? Does it seems like things have been getting easier and easier?

The big smiles and the little giggles continue to come. Although I think the roll over was a fluke. I meant to post back and tell everyone she was laying on the couch when she did it so she was using her feet to push off. She has yet to do it again  :oops: . I heard there was an unwritten rule, you can't put anything in the baby book until they've done it twice. Is that true?

Okay, off for now. Have a good week ladies and keep us updated  :lol: .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2005, 14:40:52 pm »
Yeah Luke!
Caeden still hasn't even started really trying...... he just lays there and kicks his legs all over the place. He really doesn't enjoy just laying anywhere - thinks he is going to bed so maybe I ought to try some more back and tummy time on the floor this week and play with him. I know he will roll when he wants. And it sure is nice knowing he won't go anywhere yet!  :D 
He loves his hands though - gnaws on them all the time! Hasn't really gotten the thumb sucking down yet, but does his fingers pretty good.
He has also started "playing" with his toys. We have a little bug that I gave him in the car last week and he just looked at it, touched it and felt all over for at least 10 minutes - so cute! He also loves this green stuffed hippo he has - I think he likes the pink in the ears!
Oh he is getting so fun and responsive to everything. Smiles at me all the time when I smile at him - so cute!
If you would like - I have some pictures and stuff on his website - http://www.babyhomepages.net/caeden.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2005, 18:46:28 pm »
What a fab home page Jennifer! Caeden is sooooo cute! I want to do something like that, was it easy to do??

Ok, this nap thing is driving me mad, i really think i should just chill out about it, but i can't. Ruby always took 45 min naps, but i didn't realise it was a 'problem' as she was always so good tempered. If i go in a prempt his waking i just manage to wake him up more, if i wait to see if he will re-settle by himself he just yells. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! He is loving his hands at the moment and i wondered if i shouldleave one out and try to get him to self-soothe, but it just ended up winding him up.

The mornings are driving me nuts too. We are having problems with Ruby waking early and she ends up waking him up sometimes. Others he will just wake anyway, he feed at 5am ish, but will never go back down until the next feed, he wakes at like 6 - 6.30am ish. But of course he isn't hungry so i have to sit with him for 1/2 hour and 'play' until i can put him back for a nap and then of course Ruby is up for the day. So 6am (often earlier) seems to have become my regular wake up time, and it does not suit me one bit.

Good to hear from you all. Glad things are going better on the nap front for you Kayna, sorry about the allergies though. At least you have worked out what it is and can go from here. And way to lose the preg-weight! I am fighting a loosing (or rather gaining) battle!!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2005, 21:05:03 pm »
Oh Clair I hear you on the naps! I have tried everything too - going in and trying to catch him before he completely awakes, leaving him be and even sitting in there they entire nap. What works one time doesn't seem to work consistently, very frustrating. Sometimes he will go back to sleep and most of the time not. About half the time I think he is ready to get up but the other half he is still tired. I cannot get his room very dark - just have mini blinds and I wonder if darker would help or not. When he does go back to sleep at 45 minutes he usually sleeps another 45 or hour with no help from me. I have not been waking him from a nap to eat unless it has been over 4 hours. Having him well rested and a good nap is worth more to me then a consistent eating schedule. He was going 2-2 1/2 hours between feeds but today he has been doing really good at close to 3 hours all day. I am beginning to think this is something they will somewhat "grow" thru and it will get better soon. I am pretty sure we had a growth spurt last week - I felt like all he wanted to do was eat! I keep thinking "this week" will be the week that we get naps under control and going good..... of course I have been saying that for weeks now. All I know is alot of things that haven't worked and a couple things that do - though his naps are still a challenge and had to predict and impossible to know how long it will be!
Okay - I will go now - just wanted to let you know you weren't alone and I suppose vent a little on my end too!
  :)
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2005, 21:16:29 pm »
Ok, so it's true that you can't write it down until it happens twice...we're waiting for Luke to roll over all the way again.  He gets his head, shoulders and chest over, but his butt stays planted.

Speaking of butts....I hate that you only had 10 lbs to lose!  Guess that's what I get for gaining 62lbs...hey, on the bright side, I've lost 40.

Just one question...when do my rings fit again?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
Nutramigen anyone?
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2005, 00:06:14 am »
Anyone have their baby on Nutramigen?  It's awfully expensive and Luke no longer takes it.  I have one or two unopened cans of the powder.  If you would like to have it, I'll send it to you!!  PM me with your address and I'll put it in the mail.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2005, 00:14:55 am »
Hey Amy - no complaining - I gained 68 pounds..... lost about half so far.... haven't weighed myself in awhile. (I like to see lots of progress when I do!) WHEN DO MY JEANS FIT AGAIN?????? I'm afraid they never will! Hang in there it will go away soon - I'm hoping - for both of us! :D
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:16 am »
It's supposed to be nine months on, nine months off...I think some of us are cheaters!

:P

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2005, 13:16:45 pm »
Quote from: amystoker
Speaking of butts....I hate that you only had 10 lbs to lose!  Guess that's what I get for gaining 62lbs...hey, on the bright side, I've lost 40.

Just one question...when do my rings fit again?

Too funny Amy. I actually gained 44lbs with my first one and it all came off plus some so don't worry. I wasn't able to wear my rings for  six weeks before he was born and can't even remember when they actually started to fit again. This one is actually coming off a lot slower and if I didn't have a restricted diet I'd probably be gaining weight instead. I'm so darn hungry all the time  :roll: .

Anyway, since Avery is allergic to Soy and Dairy we do have her on the Nutramigen formula. She is mostly bf but does get at least one bottle of formula a day for her df. I'll pm you and see if anyone claimed your offer yet :lol: .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline mum of three

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2005, 07:49:59 am »
:D Hi there, i haven't posted here before but i have on other subjects. I have a baby girl born on june 17th this year and thought i would see how other parents and baby's are going. I am from Australia and interested in chatting to others.
Now i do have a question if you could give me some samples of your baby's days eg their schedules as my little one Hayley has gone off track a bit with her sleeping. How long are they supose to be awake now between feeds? She does have her bottles at set times pretty much thou.
Mum to Ashlee d.o.b 3rd of Jan 1994
mum to Joshua d.o.b 10 of Nov 2000
mum to Hayley d.o.b 17 of June 2005