Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121883 times)

Offline NicolaL

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2005, 14:01:08 pm »
Can I join in?
Ciaran is just over 12 weeks old and we started bringing in EASY yesterday.  It is difficult to say what kind of baby he is as he has reflux and that impacts on his mood.  He has just woken up!  so this will be a short post.  I am trying him on a 3 hour schedule primarily because he sleeps very little during the day.  Do you wait until he starts to look for food or just feed when he wakes up?
mommy to Ciaran, 15/06/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2005, 22:46:00 pm »
Clair - The kids are too cute - I love the new pics!

Welcome NicolaL! - Where in Ireland are you? My DH's parents live in Clara, he was born and raised here but his parents grew up in Ireland and returned there after retiring. And my DH's name is Kieran as well!  :D

On the Caeden notes: he is growing up so quickly! The past few days he has started picking up toys and blankets in his lap and touching them and putting them to his mouth. So cute - and a great entertainment for the car. He has also started babbling and cooing - oh so fun! I wonder what he is trying to tell us. He works so hard to get noises to come out and seems to love his new sounds.

Our internet was down for 2 days and I really missed getting on here, but I must go tend to the boy and get dinner going but wanted to check in and see what was going on! Have a great evening or day wherever you are!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

jade's mum

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2005, 05:42:17 am »
Hi there!

I've joined recently and would love to be a part of this forum.... my lo was born 13 july and she's a textbook/touchy baby (I think!) and we're following the 3hr EASY routine.

It's funny how every day is different but the same (ground hog day - he he) but  just amazing to have such a bundle of joy  :D

Hope you're all having a fabulous day  :wink:

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2005, 14:15:56 pm »
YEA YEA YEA YEA!!  Luke has made it all night for the last two nights!  He takes a bottle at 9:30 (last night was the first time a df worked!!) and sleeps till 6:30.  HALLELUJAH!!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2005, 14:46:25 pm »
Way to go Luke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06

Offline Joey'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 27
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2005, 20:15:09 pm »
Caeden's Mom:  I am so excited!  Joey was born just a couple weeks after your LO, so I know I can look forward to the holding capabilities!  Joey's been cooing for awhile, the first time he did it I was trying to give him his reflux medicine, and I said, "Open up Joey, say AHHHHH" and he smiled, laughed, and went "oooooh."  I think it shows signs of great brilliance and creativity that he went ahead with his own noise!

(btw, it really broke my heart that I had to give him ucky medicine after his adorable display)
Mary Pat

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
difficulty feeding
« Reply #186 on: September 11, 2005, 10:22:40 am »
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is suddenly having difficulty with bottle feeding. My ds has been a nightmare the last few days. He normally has 6 or 7 ounces, but has been stopping after about three or four, arching his back and wriggling, flailing his arms etc.  He is fine when i sit him up but totally refuses to drink and i know he is hungry as his routine has gone to pot, he is also waking in the night again, so obvioulsy hungry.

Its either bad wind or could it be this dyspehgia ( think thats how you spell it)!! :roll:  where the baby has problems swallowing.  I have noticed that he will take his dream feed fine as he is relaxed and also his first morning feed.

It is taking over an hour to feed, today i tried putting him in his chair to feed him and he seemed ok, it is as though he hates being held.

I think i will ask GP on thursday as he is getting his injections, so i will mention it then and see what he says.

Anyone else had this problem?? What could it be?

Reflux? although is that pain after thet have fed?

There has got to be something, ds is so tired from all this, not to mention i feel like a zombie!! :cry:

Kellyxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #187 on: September 11, 2005, 14:29:50 pm »
We are having the same here Kelly, but with Breastfeeding. So darn fussy, it is driving me mad. From being a mod on the bottlefeeding forum i can tell you that this is so so common around this age, lots of posts about it! :roll: I think we just have to persevere, try to ensure he gets a full feed in one go. Could he be overtired? that is one reason for fussy feeding. Hope you are ok x
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Eden's Mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #188 on: September 11, 2005, 15:00:49 pm »
Hi there. Would love to join in. I haven't had time to read all the posts here yet. Noah is 6 and a half weeks. i would guess he is textbook and pretty good when we get everything right. i is just working out what he needs taht is tricky! Night times are pretty good now and he wakes twice after the sleepy feed at 10.

we are b'feeding pretty well and he doesn't fall asleep on me quite so much now. we are feeding about every 3 hours, sometimes 2 and  half, sometimes 4 if i am really lucky! Sleep is bizare. no rhyme or reason to it at all. and i am wondering about the old reflux or colic thing. very strainy and struggly with little result. We are seeing a cranial osteopath at the moment to try and help.

my emotions are very much dependant on his sleep and howmuch he has. currently feeling abit rubbish because he sleep is all mad again today.

will catch up on my reading here and post again!
Clare
Eden:

Noah:

Jude:

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2005, 02:09:19 am »
Welcome all you new people. Congrats on your new arrivals.

Avery has been doing pretty good. The milk and soy allergy is still not completely worked out but her disposition is good. She was just blessed today (my new avatar picture  :P ) and she did incredible. Sat like an angel the entire time.

She continues to sleep about 11 hours at night (w/ df at 10pm). Her naps have really worked themselves out and she goes down on her own mostly   :wink:. Saturday she laughed out loud for the first time (guilty of tickeling her toes though   :oops: ). It was so cute and she has a done it a few more times since.

She's growing and growing. Had to order two new Kiddopotomas Swaddle Blankets for her in the larger size. I'm hoping to get her 3 month pictures taken this week  :?  and will plan on posting when I get them.

Daikon has adjusted mostly but has picked up crying over every little thing  :roll: . He sees his little sister get attention when she cries so I think he's trying it out himself  :x . Anyone having this problem as well with older siblings? And if so, what have you done?

Okay, done for now.

BJ, did you get word on selling your land? Fingers crossed for you.

PS: I started loosing my hair  :x  :evil:  :x  :evil:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2005, 03:38:22 am »
Anybody else's kid going through three-month-old-I-wanna-eat-all-the-time syndrome?

I swear the poor guy acts like he's starving!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2005, 12:26:55 pm »
AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick a curly cue tail on Cait's butt and call her Missy Piggy!!  I swear, we have fed this child every 2 freakin' hours ALL weekend!!!!  I started to severely stress out last night because she would just start screaming out of nowhere and it was not "our Cait" behaviour.  I was really starting to feel as though we were just feeding her to keep her quiet and that she "thought" she was hungry, but really wasn't.  I guess it is just their 3 mo growth spurt.....but I am so glad someone else is having the same experience, because I was really starting to worry.

Kayna, no.... :evil: no word yet on the land....hoping like heck to hear something today.  PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!  In fact, I am having to make a dr appt today because I have stressed myself out SO bad, I have a muscle in my neck that has knotted up and I can barely turn my head from side to side!!  :roll:  :cry:

Welcome to all the newbies, glad you found us.  We have a great bunch of ladies in this thread.  Let's hope this is a great week for everyone!!

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2005, 20:13:58 pm »
Hi clair thanks for replying to my post about difficulty with bottle feeding, dont think he is over tired , there is definetly something bothering him. Anyhow i have ordered some Dr browns bottles apparently they are excellent, will let you know how i get on. Thanks again xx :)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2005, 20:46:54 pm »
Quote from: kellyhushhh
Hi clair thanks for replying to my post about difficulty with bottle feeding, dont think he is over tired , there is definetly something bothering him. Anyhow i have ordered some Dr browns bottles apparently they are excellent, will let you know how i get on. Thanks again xx :)

Maybe i'll have to get me some new nipples!!!! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2005, 20:49:03 pm »
Clair, your avatar is so cute with those adorable kids  :lol:  8) .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05