Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121797 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2005, 23:09:25 pm »
Kayna - I have noticed a bit of hair loss myself...... didn't realize it till I cleaned the bathroom floor and was shocked at how much hair there was  :oops:

On a happier note - I moved into a smaller pair of jeans this week!  :D
It is not where I want to stay but smaller then I was! Every little bit counts!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Eden's Mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2005, 18:12:18 pm »
Ugh! Don't talk to me abotu hair loss! What a state! I look like an ageing man. it is going from all over but the worst bits are my temples where it goes back quite a long way. I have really long belond hair, about waist length and it looks as if it has slipped back!! I may have to visit the hairdressers!
Clare
Eden:

Noah:

Jude:

Offline Sistahduch

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2005, 18:37:10 pm »
Hi.  I'm new to the board and just 1.5 weeks into our EASY routine.  DD is 8.5 weeks old and is a Spirited/Touchy baby.  She HATES being swaddled.  The book suggests that after 7 weeks, we can leave the arms out, but if I do that, then she only sleeps for 45 min tops before her arms wake her up.  On the other hand, she spends a good 15 min fighting the swaddle each time I get ready to put her down for a nap or for the night.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sistah Duch

1Love
Sistah Duch

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2005, 19:40:30 pm »
Sistah Duch - One thing I have started doing with Caeden is laying him on his blanket but not swaddling him till he is almost asleep sometimes completely asleep and then moving his arms to his sides and wrapping the blanket around him. He fights me too if I swaddle him completely awake, but he too wakes easily if he is not swaddled. So far this is working okay for us - maybe try it?
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Sistahduch

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2005, 19:58:12 pm »
Quote from: CaedensMama
Sistah Duch - One thing I have started doing with Caeden is laying him on his blanket but not swaddling him till he is almost asleep sometimes completely asleep and then moving his arms to his sides and wrapping the blanket around him. He fights me too if I swaddle him completely awake, but he too wakes easily if he is not swaddled. So far this is working okay for us - maybe try it?

Thanks for the suggestion Jennifer, but there's NO WAY she's going to sleep without me holding her and shush/patting her (at this point).  I will however begin to try her with laying in her bassinet to fall asleep in another week or 2.  We are just starting with EASY and she is so used to being held to fall asleep, I only want to change one thing at a time.

Thanks again.
1Love
Sistah Duch

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2005, 00:00:51 am »
I hear you there!  :D  :D  Caeden is the same way. In fact this week we have started going to sleep on our bed with me laying beside him - I am trying to "wean" him off of me holding him to go to sleep and he will have nothing to do with being in his cradle by himself so I thought I would give it a try. So far it is going okay. He is going to sleep - a plus - without me actually holding him and walking or bouncing him! Yes - I am laying beside him and replacing the paci if needed, sometimes he uses others times he doesn't - but it is a step in the right direction, I think!
When I was holding him to sleep - I would occassionally not swaddle him till I laid him down onto the blanket and once he had settled then I would wrap him. He really does sleep better swaddled and it keeps his hands warm too!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
braggin' rights
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2005, 00:58:17 am »
Luke has slept throught the night four nights in a ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2005, 01:13:11 am »
Yeah!!!!

Last night I went to bed when Caeden did - DH was gone for the evening and I saw no need to wait up when I could get a couple extra hours of sleep!

Caeden is going from 6-7ish till somewhere between 1-3 and then again 4-6 and up by 7. Somewhat varies with daddys schedule for the morning.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline NicolaL

• Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2005, 16:11:38 pm »
Hi Caeden's mamma,
You have the cutest little boy!  Say hi to your DH for me too, from Ireland!  I live in Dundalk, about 50 miles north of Dublin and just on the boarder with northern Ireland.  I grew up in Dublin and Galway so I am pretty much from all over Ireland.  My DH Sean is from Tyrone in the north west.

Ciaran has managed to go to sleep in his cot most naps the last two days and I have to confess he has been sleeping pretty much from 8p.m. to 6.30 a.m. for the last two weeks ( waking up a few times to have a suck on his dummy)  I am really bad though as I sometimes let him fall asleep latched on if he is really cranky - only at night though.  I know how incredibly lucky we are, I guess he is exhausted at night as he only has short naps during the day.  I am struggling to go for more than a 21/2 to 3 hour EASY as he sleeps so little!
mommy to Ciaran, 15/06/05

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2005, 20:24:39 pm »
All my DH family are from Ireland too! MIL is from Limerick and lots of IL's are still there, and FIL grew up in Carlingford, Co. Louth. but his family is from Co. Kerry.
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2005, 21:31:30 pm »
NicolaL
I was in Dundalk in the summer of 04!!!  I was there doing a musical for the Dundalk International Festival....maybe you saw it...we did "My Way" which was a tribute to Frank Sinatra.  There were only four of us in the cast with three musicians.  What a GREAT GREAT GREAT little town!  We had such a good time!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2005, 02:57:24 am »
Yeah- I loved Ireland when we were there - mostly did central to southwest and up the west coast - went in N.I. for a day and back down to Co. Offaly. We loved the Kerry area and Cong - ever been there? That is the coolest little town!  :D  :D

Anyway - We were gone alot today so Caeden's naps were a bit broken up and mostly in his carseat. Although he is doing better in there!

I am up waiting for DH to get home and we can eat dinner and go to bed... it's 9 pm here and I am hungry!  :?
He should be home shortly though - worked a 13+ hour day - getting paid good though and by the hour  :lol:  so I cannot complain!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Kaitlynsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Awake duration
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2005, 09:57:09 am »
Can anyone tell me with our June babies, how long should they be awake for? DS has always been on EASY (done it before with DD) and each awake period starts with a feed which takes about 30 minutes, by the end of which he's already yawning. I keep him up another 30 minutes until I see numerous yawns in quick repetition then I put him down. He's quick to settle to sleep if I follow these signals. But  shouldn't he be alert for longer than an hour by now?
Kaitlyn - 25.4.04
Will - 7.6.05

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2005, 14:24:34 pm »
I was kinda wondering the same thing. dd (born 6/13/05) is still only awake about an hour before she needs to go right back down too.  :?:  :?:  :?:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2005, 15:08:44 pm »
My ds (angel/textbook baby) was born on 6-16 and just recently he has been able to stay up about 1.5-2 hrs. Two hours is pushing it. He begins to yawn much earlier but I was finding that if I put him down too soon, he did not nap very long. So, when he first shows me he's tired, we stop doing our activity and go into his room for quiet time. We listen to soft music and read some books. He gets squirmy on my lap so I put him on a blanket and then lay next to him with the books. Or I put him in his swing and put his laundry away and talk or sing quietly. Just something to push the time a little. If he is extremely fussy then I get him to bed, but I try to atleast have him up 1.5 hours.

He is now eating every 4 hours so I am striving for two hours of awake time and two hours of a nap. It doesn't always work! Sometimes for the last half an hour of awake time we are just walking around looking at things. I find I have to pretty much keep his attention or he will get fussy. We always end awake time with quiet play in his room.

All I know is if he goes down too early then he won't sleep long. And even though I have to re-settle him sometimes half way through, he has been taking good naps. Which leaves me time to get stuff done  :)

I hope this helps! I can't speak for spirited/touchy babies but I have read that they can be overstimulated pretty quickly so maybe they can not stay up as long...?
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07