Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121876 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2005, 21:40:23 pm »
Oh was that our problem...... the full moon? Caeden was up alot too....had gas and I thought it was something I had ate! Maybe it was just the moon!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2005, 22:31:09 pm »
Ok, why can't my child go from front to back?  He's got the back to front thing DOWN!  Problem is, he gets so darn mad that he can't go back over to his back and he's stuck on his belly.  Lucky for us, he likes to sleep that way, but it's hard for a fella to fall asleep when he can't get comfy.

I have to tell you about this new picture...He's wanting to put everything in his mouth....including towels...and he was trying so hard to get his towel in his mouth!  Poor little dude can't hold onto something very long...except my finger or my shirt!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2005, 23:03:18 pm »
Amy - That picture is really cute.

Everything Caeden can get goes into his mouth too. This weekend I had a small Starbucks cup in my hand and I thought I had finished it - was just hot chocolate and gave it to Caeden to play with, he took it right away and holding it just like a cup put it to his mouth, right spot and everything on the lid and got the last of my chocolate all over his mouth! He had no idea what to do with it, but loved playing with the cup. If we got some good pictures I will put one up soon.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2005, 01:06:20 am »
OK, all you formula mamas.  How much does your lo eat?  Luke eats every four hours and we make seven ounce bottles and Luke is spitting up so much that I wonder if he's eating too much.  The only problem is, if we take it away when he still wants it, he SCREAMS
 :shock:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2005, 05:33:05 am »
Cait is eating about every 3 hours, sometimes 4 and eats about 5-6 ounces.  With the last bottle, I have been feeding her the formula first and when she seems to be done with the bottle, then I take the left over and mix it with her cereal and feed her as much of that as possible.  It is going really well.  I am, I mean, Cait is sleeping through the night  :wink:  And the kingdom is a much happier place!!!

On a different note, I won't be around for a couple of days.  Dh wants me and the kids to get out of town, so off we go. He has to work all weekend. Hopefully, all will be well when we return home.  Not really concerned about flooding from Hurricane Rita, but of the wind damage.  We have several large trees around our house.

Oh, and Cait is a lazybutt!!!  Hasnt' even considered the possibilty that her body can actually MOVE.  Picture if you will......a bump on a log in a pink onesie....Now you know what Cait looks like!!   :lol:   Everyone have a good weekend and hopefully I will be back on Sunday.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2005, 14:24:44 pm »
Christian eats a 4-5 oz bottle every 3 to 4 hours during the day with a cluster feeding of 4 oz. every 2 hrs starting at 3:00 and ending at 7:00 for bed time.

He's only 10 weeks though...don't know how old your lo is :)

And...he's slept throught he night the last 2 nights for 12 hours...YAY~~~~~~
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2005, 01:30:26 am »
When do you get to stop the dream feed?  When do they sleep till 7 instead of 6?  HUH HUH HUH????  TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!

Sorry....got away from myself there....

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2005, 01:44:59 am »
AMy- my little one is 14 weeks and is offered 8 oz. at every feed and feeds every four hours. He also spits up a lot, but I figure if he isn't hungry he won't eat it. He does not always finish it but he eats about 25-32 ounces a day.

I think we can stop the df around 7-8 months when solids are well established. How much does your little one take at the df? My DS only takes about 1-2 oz. which is frustrating to me because I go to bed early and have to set my alarm for it! Sometimes it is hard to get him to take anything but of course I am afraid to give it up :)

I don't know when they sleep until 7 a.m. that would sure be nice. Mine stirs between 5:30- and 6 a.m. and then becomes fully awake. I am thinking about trying the wake to sleep thing at 4:30 a.m. so I can change his usual wake time. We'll see!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Joey'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 27
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2005, 17:42:47 pm »
Hi, everyone! 

Joey started eating fruit this week.  Now, I know that it's all kinds of forbidden to give them "real food" until 6 months, but Joey's been on cereal for 4 weeks and he's doing well.  We had to start it because of the reflux, and last weekend the dr. said to try a little baby food- apples or other mild fruits.

Now, I have to tell you, they recommended this for nutritional value and to keep the food down.  THEN the ped. said "Babies this age don't have taste buds yet, so it won't really matter what kind." I say "BAH!" to her!!!  Joey had his first taste of pears and he was so excited he started laughing and waving his arms and diving voraciously at the spoon.  That's one for the baby book!!
Mary Pat

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2005, 01:40:30 am »
Hi everyone, just had to show a picture of Avery. It's her first ponytail and this picture cracks me up. I had some with her smilin' but I just couldn't pass this one up. I'm a girlie girl and think her facial expression proves just how worried she is about that.  :lol:  :P  :lol:  :P
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
    • family homepage
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2005, 04:09:35 am »
she's such a doll!  I LOVE her expression!
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2005, 12:44:46 pm »
She is so cute Kayna!! :D  :D  I will post an update soon, we are away at the moment!! How is everyone else doing?? What are your nighttimes like now??
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2005, 15:30:23 pm »
Kayna, that is a wonderful pic!!!  She has sooo much hair!!!  Cait still has duck fuzz and it is all at the BACK of the top of her head, so she would look pretty bizarre with a bow way back there!!!

Joey's Mom, so glad to hear that I am not the only one who has put their lo on cereal and food.  I was feeling pretty selfish wanting her to sleep through the night, but it has really been for the best for everyone in the house.  I haven't started jar food yet, just sticking to the rice with bananas.  She really likes it, and it is a hit and miss kind of situation on how much she takes at night, but we are all learning.  :)

Amy...oh g/f, you crack me up!!  Cait has her 4 month checkup in two weeks (HOLY COW, ALREADY??????) and that is when her pedi said we would start talking "food" so maybe it won't be too much longer for Luke to sleep through without the d/f. I found that the d/f just didnt' work for "life schedule".  We have such a hectic life that I fear we will never have  a "normal" night life.  Ahhh...the life as a wife of a cop.  :roll:   But like I said earlier, I have started Cait on two tablespoons of rice w/bananas AFTER her bottle, and let me tell you, it has made all the difference in her sleeping.  Now, I am not trying to talk anyone into starting their babes on food, I am just relaying my exp with Cait.  AND, we had what I consider a milestone last night.  She woke up between 5-6 am and I was just going to let her "play" until she got bored and started crying and then get her up and feed her.  Yep, next thing I know, we are all asleep again....she put herself back to sleep!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!  I am very excited.  Now....any suggestions on how to get her to sleep without being in my arms first??????  Bad habit...I know I know.....sue me.

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2005, 15:59:57 pm »
I too have a couple questions about the night times............Avery has always been a good sleeper at night. Well, about 2-3 weeks ago we dropped the df to see what would happen. The first couple nights she did great (making it from 8:30pm until 6:30am but 7:15am mostly).  :)

Then last week she woke up once at 3:15am. At first I tried to comfort her but ended up picking her up. She latched on to my arm like a blood sucker and started going to town. I figured she must be hungry, duh, and fed her. The next night she woke up at 5:30am and did the same thing and now most mornings seem to be like that. Mostly making it past 6am but again this morning at 5:30am. She goes straight back down to sleep so I know it's not her wake up time. (her bio-rythum is not set to be a morning person)

The book says this means she's not getting enough calories during the day but I still feed her every 2 1/2-3 hours. She is ebf but shouldn't she still be moving towards 3 1/2-4 hour schedule by now.  :roll:

Should I pick the df back up or try and fit more calories in during the day? Do you think I'm not producing enough for her? I do give her an additional 4oz after the last feed (2oz breastmilk and 2oz formula)? Thoughts?
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #239 on: September 27, 2005, 16:20:08 pm »
Boy  do I have some catching up to do!  My mother and father in law were here this weekend along with my husband's brother, his wife and son.  We had a housefull!!!!  I'll get to my issues in a sec, but I thought I would share some of my thoughts on your issues first.

Kayna-OMG, what a precious picture!  My SIL had sort of the same problem you're having.  She went back to the dream feed and when her ds woke up at 3 for a bottle, it just took time to get him to realize that the milk factory wasn't open yet.  Just a thought....

We're keeping the dream feed until he gets established on solids.  I think that is the only thing that has kept him sleeping through the night....that and the fact that we change his diaper at that time, too.

Now, for my issues....ANYONE ELSE TEETHING YET????? :shock:   Luke is trying to get his two bottom teeth in and the poor little dude is just miserable.  He can't breathe through his nose very well b/c it is full of green snot.  Then it's even nicer when he spits up and there are huge (and I mean HUGE) hunks of green snot in his spit-up.  Sorry if any of you are eating right now....  Anyway, I have been home with him for the last two days and all he does is sleep.  Daycare said absolutely do NOT bring him with his green snot, but I'm going to have to take him tomorrow.  The pedi said that it's from his teething and as long as he isn't running a fever, he's good to go.  Let's all just say a little prayer right now that they don't call me at 8:30 tomorrow and tell me to come get my son.

We have our 4-month check up on October 6, and I am going to do nothing short of beg my pedi to give us the go-ahead on the cereal.  I think that will help our spit-up problem.  I have decided that he might have a little bit of reflux b/c he spits up quite a lot.  I thought it might be b/c we switched from Nutramigen to the Gentlease, but he was spitting up the Nutramigen too, and if he's just gonna spit half of it up anyway, I'd rather he spit up the cheaper stuff, you know?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08