Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121981 times)

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2005, 01:58:42 am »
That's funny that you guys are getting crap from people about putting your lo's on solids so early because it's the opposite for me. Avery has allergies so I've decided to wait on solids until she's six months (I don't even have the milk thing figured out yet  :roll: )and the other day my MIL was like, "so when were you going to start solids again, 1 year?"  :evil:  All sarcastic!!! I'm thinking, "You can shove it where the sun don't shine! "  :x  Anyway, like you said each to their own. I won't judge other parents as long as they don't judge me. :wink:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2005, 03:05:22 am »
The one thing I have to keep reminding myself is that EACH child is different.  Even when they come from the same exact parents that child #1 came from, #2 can/will be a completely different personality and temperment.  Ry slept throught the night at 8 weeks, and Cait at about 15 weeks.  Ry had colic, Cait did not.  Some babies eat at 3 months, some at 6 and some are born with a spoon in their mouth  :wink:

Dont' let the busy bodies get to you.  Every non-parent or well meaning family member has "just the thing" for fixing whatever situation comes up with your little one.  Well....if "just the thing" fixed what ailed the children, wouldnt' a book have been written about it?  I haven't read Tracy's book, but I am guessing that she writes in such a way as to GUIDE parents in helping their lo along their journey of becoming little ppl.

And Amy...You use what ever eating plan makes Luke happy!!!  I am sure he rewards you with the best smiles, no matter how you get the food in.

Oh by the way, I weighed Cait and I on the scale today....OMG, she weighs 16 pounds!!!!  What a chunk of child!!!!!!  :roll:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2005, 22:35:13 pm »
Oh - I just have to brag a little - I am so excited......
Caeden started taking longer naps this week - CONSISTENTLY!  :lol:  :lol:
Either the late morning or mid afternoon nap is at least an hour and a half, ususally closer to 2 hours, a couple days it was both, but hey  - I am happy with one! The others were all the 45 minutes. And he is also spaced them an hour and a half apart. He is doing well and going to sleep pretty good (for him anyway) with them at this length, so we will keep it there for a little while!
Okay - that is all for now - he is awake and wanting to eat!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2005, 13:44:31 pm »
So, how was everyone's weekend?  Ours wasnt' too bad.  I had  bad time of it on Friday night, Cait woke up at 2:45 am (saturday morning) and wanted her binky back.  That went on till I finally got up with her around 6:30.  I was afraid I was creating a monster!!  I already dont' want her to be dependent on the binky, but the rest of the weekend was better.  I am thinking maybe she just had a "bad" night.  I actually got her to take a nap without the binky yesterday, so that was a good step.  Of course, she went to sleep on me.....but whatever.

Last night, she was throwing a fit when I got home and it was just a little after 8pm.  I asked dh when she was supposed to eat again and he said 9pm.  Well....I haven't filled dh in on her schedule so he was clueless that she gets her cereal and last bottle between 8-8:30.  So I fixed it all up, got her fed (for the first time, she ate the whole bowl!!!!), and both kids off to bed by 9pm and sat down to watch my show.  I have been doing real good about getting them both to bed at the same time.  Real proud of myself.  And it only took me 16 weeks to do it.   :o   

And this morning, before I left for work, I checked on both the children, and Cait has started her crib cruisin'.  I put her to bed longways, like normal and found her sideways with her head and feet touching the opposite rails.  Now...have I mentioned she doesn't FIT that way?  Poor baby, but I wasnt' about to move her, dh would have had a fit!!   :lol:   So whats up with you guys?  Cait has her 4 mo checkup next Tuesday.  And did I tell ya'll that I weighed her and she weighs 16 lbs????  :shock:   I have such cornfed children!!!!   :roll:

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2005, 19:29:05 pm »
We have our four month check up on Thursday.  I am anxious to see how much he wieghs!

We're waking up in the middle of the night again!!!  DH gave a bottle at 3:45 am b/c NOTHING would console him.  I am afraid to give him too much cereal, so I am only going to give it once a day in the evenings.  Sheesh....just when you get it all figured out, they change!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2005, 20:24:15 pm »
I hear ya on that! My ds Jake has been a wonderful baby, going down for naps like an angel, self-soothing himself past the 45 minute wake-up and sleeping great at night. The only thing I've been dealing with are early morning wake-ups but those were getting a little better. Then WHAM! It's all over. Anyone else experiencing this? Jake will be 16 weeks on Thursday and I figured with all the months I spent in the trenches teaching him to sleep independently and all that good stuff, it would be smooth sailing now. Everything seems to be going backwards. And what is so hard and upsetting about it is that I know he is capable of it and knows what to do. I didn't mind all the work I put into the naps and night wakings a few months ago because it has been so worth it. But now I can't seem to get any naps longer than 45 m. and he is so hard to settle anytime it is time to sleep. I can't help but cry, my poor baby has a blubbering, emotional moomy who can't seem to chill out! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't expect it from him or seen the sleep training work like a charm.

Anyway, sorry I vented for so long, I am just feeling a bit down. I love everybody's advice and it is nice to know that there is someone to listen and knows what I am going through. I found an old post on here last night that had a lot of evidence of crazy behavior from 4-6 months. It said that are babies will develop and change more in the next two months than any other time in their lives. It's like he is getting ready for something big... rolling over, teething (don't see nothing yet!), some wonderful developmental thing, I don't know. I just wish I could find a way to except him for what he is right now and have confidence in the fact that whatever he is going through will pass and he'll get back on track.

As much as I love BW ways and have a wonderful baby because of it, lately I have been feeling like I should have never read the book. If I didn't expect him to take such good naps, eat every four hours, and sleep through the night, maybe I wouldn't be so sad when it didn't happen. As a first time parent I want to enjoy every minute but now I just feel out of control when it is "not working". But I also know I would probably have a million other problems if I wouldn't have adopted Tracy's methods from the start. I am a true believer in her methods but not feeling much like a baby whisperer at the moment.

Thanks for listening. I can't believe it is already time for the 4 mo. check-up... and more shots  :? Poor things!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2005, 23:44:37 pm »
Jennifer,

I have not read ANY of Tracy's books, and you see how I am doing with Cait. But I have picked up ALOT of methods just "listening" to ppl on here.  Dont' dispair, they all eventually "get it", but these are going to be busy months.  They triple their weight in the first year, learn to recognize ppl, sit up, crawl, walk, some talk...all in just 12 quick months.  It's hard, but so worth it in the end.  Keep leaning on us, we won't let you down.  Here's a {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  You have to provide your own kleenex, though  :wink:

bj

Brandy-

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2005, 02:57:43 am »
hi everyone..just found this post and glad i did!  my dd was born june 11 and i have my mom saying that i should start cereal to get her to sleep through the night.  She has reflux so i can't give her more than what she is already taking during the day and she gets up at 3 for a feeding...some say for reflux babies that a little cereal helps keep food/acid down...and then others don't. Now i have talked to health nurses and her paed but they say now they say that u should wait til six months to start cereal b/c of diabetes, allergies, and obesity...i mean my mom had me on cereal by 2 months and i turned out just fine - what is everyone else doing?
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2005, 03:19:19 am »
I started Cait on Cereal 2 weeks ago.  I have an older child and started him on cereal between 4-5 months old and that was 4 years ago.  He is a fine healthy little boy.  I think there an equal number of ppl that would say that starting food now is great and some that would say absolutely not.  I wasn't too sure about starting Cait at 14 weeks, but I went with my gut, watched her reaction, worked with her and for the past two nights she has eaten the entire bowl, and I think she would lick it too, if I would let her  :roll:  :D   

And yes, she is sleeping through the night and everyone is feeling much more rested. 

The important question is what do YOU think?  do you want to start cereal?  Do you feel as though your lo would benefit from cereal?  Have you considered trying it and seeing if after a few days it makes a difference?  There is no rule that says once you start cereal that you can't change your mind and refrain until the 6 month mark.

I personally felt as though Cait was starving.  I could hear her tummy growl in the middle night, and that broke my heart.  No wonder she kept waking every 3 hours for milk!!  You know your child best and you know you would never hurt her on purpose.  That is what I told myself, and I haven't regretted it yet.  Of course, I maybe here next Tuesday bawling my eyes out because her pedi yelled at me for starting cereal too soon, but that is a bridge I will cross then.  I am waiting to see the pedi before I start jar food though, I am not totally crazy!!!  LOL

Not much in the way of advice, but just some insight as to what we are doing.  HTH,

bj

Brandy-

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2005, 03:47:15 am »
i definately think she would enjoy eating cereal, she just watches me eat and laughs.  i have even tried putting a spoon in her mouth to see if she rejected it (which she didn't) then she just looks at me as if to say 'where is it'..lol...i think i will try her on it for a few days, maybe just after the 6pm feeding and see how it works out...
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2005, 17:13:31 pm »
My son was born June 10.  We've been on cereal for one week and he loves it.  He gets about 1/8 cup after his 6 pm bottle.  He sleeps later (we made it till 7 this morning!!!!) and only wakes up once, mainly because he lost his paci and needs someone to put it back in....I know...bad mama, but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I am with BJ - do what feels right.  It's your baby.  Most pedis do not frown on cereal at this age.  I don't see much of a difference in Luke's reflux, but he sure does love that cereal!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2005, 03:15:13 am »
BJ- Thanks so much for the hugs yesterday! It defiantly helped and I do need to remember that it will pass and it is all worth it!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2005, 03:23:30 am »
That's what I am here for!!  Anytime!! 
 :wink:
bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2005, 03:26:07 am »
I just finished doing the dream feed and have decided that we are DEFINITELY having another one just for the sole purpose to see if he/she is just as freakin' cute as this one!

Don't you just love the snuggles!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2005, 03:29:14 am »
Let me tell you what, g/f!  I was ready for #3 just a couple of weeks after Cait was born.  They are very addicting.  Of course, I was petrified to have a girl, but I am SSSSOOOOOO  in love with her.  She definitely is the light of my life.   

And NOTHING beats and "open mouth" kiss!!!  hehehehehe

bj

Brandy-