Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121921 times)

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2005, 19:03:42 pm »
Hey bottle feeding mama's, I need some expert advice. DD is ebf. Problem is, we have a wedding this weekend that both dh and I are in. Therefore, dd will be staying with a relative. I don't know how many ounces Avery eats at each feed so I don't know how many to tell the babysitter. I was estimating about 4oz per feed (every 3 hours)? Is that about accurate or are your lo's taking more by this age???????

Avery weighs in at 14lbs 14oz so she's not small. I'm just not sure how many ounces she sucks outta me every feed?????????? :roll:  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!!
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2005, 19:09:06 pm »
Cait has been taking 6 ounces consistantly for the past week/2 weeks and every couple of bottles she wants an 8 ounce bottle. Cait is no lightweight either, she will be 17 weeks tomorrow and weighs 16 lbs on a home scale.  Just my two cents worth.

b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2005, 19:13:12 pm »
Ditto
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline kellyhushhh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2005, 19:35:10 pm »
Kayna my ds is taking 36 ounces over 5 bottles so just over 7 ounces in each bottle on 4 hour easy xx :D
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/judeethan  PASSWORD JUDE

url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2005, 20:50:21 pm »
Hmmm, by the looks of things I may be under estimating the amount I'm producing. Thanks ladies. Think I'll have them start with 6 oz and see what happens. 8)
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2005, 21:03:00 pm »
Why don't you try pumping now and see how she does, then you'll have an idea of what she will take?

Ok girls.  We had our four month check up today.  Luke was 14lbs 10oz and 26 inches long.  I learned a very valuable lesson.  Just as no two parents do things the same, and no two books will tell you the exact same thing on how to do this whole parenting thing, no two pediatricians are the same either.  All I have heard is how you can start them on solids at 4-6 mo, whenever you think baby is ready.  Start them on rice cereal and then after a while, introduce green veggies first, then wait a week and gradually build to sweeter things.  WELL, right after my nurse got finished telling me to start him on green veggies whenever I wanted, my pedi says "Start with bananas and applesauce...those things tend to be easier to digest.  Then go on to yellow and orange vegetables..."SHEESH!  I guess it's whoever you want to go with, you go with.  Just goes to show you, it's very hard to screw up if there are so many opinions out there!  What you do with your baby is bound to match with someone's opinion!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2005, 21:14:09 pm »
WOW!!!!  Big boy Luke!!  Sounds as though you have yourself a very healthy young man, Amy.  Glad to hear you got a  good report.

And how true about no two (insert whatever here) are alike.  I am very interested to see if this next appt if the nurse/dr asks if she has accomplished any milestones or wants to know anything about her day.  At our 2 month checkup, they didnt' ask anything.  Did you get questioned, Amy?  If they dont' ask anything, I may open my big mouth and ask "dont' you want to know what she is doing?"  Maybe they dont' ask at 8 weeks, because they are still bumps on logs and NOT really doing anything.  I would think they would want to know if they are developing at the normal rate.

So.....here's a question....my infant carrier is only good to 26 inches (and since Luke is there, Cait wont' be far behind)....has anyone transitioned over to the regular convertible carseat yet?  I am not looking forward to that yet, but MAN that carrier is getting heavy!!!  Good Grief!!!

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2005, 22:01:26 pm »
We're staying in that carrier as long as we can!  It's so convenient!  So what if his feet touch the back seat :roll:
Seriously, I am sure we'll have to switch soon, but we're going to have to get one more car seat.  Right now we have two bases, so the seat can go b/t hubby's car and mine.  It is very nice.

He asked if he was rolling over yet and then he said "Are you concerned about anything?"    I mentioned the reflux, he said no worries, that he's just an active boy and he's gonna spit up.  As long as he is gaining weight, we're good.  I told him that we'd started cereal and that he was sleeping through the night.  My pedi is very laid back and always reassures me to go with my instincts.  But let me tell you what bothers me most about my pedi.  I SWEAR he doesn't remember me from visit to visit, or he thinks I don't remember him....whatever...he is a great doctor and even if he contradicts his nurse, I trust him with my baby and that's all that matters.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2005, 00:20:09 am »
OMG!   We gave Luke his first baby veggies...green beans...and he LOVED them.  He laughed and smacked and got aaaaaall excited between bites.  For the past two nights, he's eaten the whole container!!!  It's a 2.5oz container.  I have decided that much to his dismay, I am only going to give half next time.  His excitement is bigger than his tummy, especially since he gets cereal at his 11:00am feeding.  I was worried to start this stuff all so soon, but my wacko pediatrician  :roll: and his nurse agreed that if he wants it, and he'll take it, go ahead and give it.

It's so funny!

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2005, 13:17:12 pm »
Oh that is so great!!!!  I can't wait till we go to the dr tomorrow!!! And guess what I saw yesterday???  RED VELVET DRESSES!!!!  I never thought I would be that excited about them, but I am!!  So, here starts the busy season of picture planning, holiday eating and family gatherings.

bj

Brandy-

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2005, 20:41:23 pm »
okay....Cait had her 4 month check up.  (insert drum roll here...)  She weighs 16.5 lbs and is 26 inches long!!!!!!  HOLY COW!!  She is in the 95th percentile for height and weight and the dr said she looks great.

We also get to start fruits and veggies  :D   So look out, Luke!!  Here comes Cait!!!  Oh, and the sleeping is going great, we are down for 12 hours straight for the last 4 nights!!  WOOHOO!!!

bj

Brandy-

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2005, 23:11:14 pm »
Jake's appt. is tomorrow, I can't wait! I think he will be close to Cait- atleast 16 lbs. and when my husband measured him the other day with a tape measure, he came up with 27 inches! He is a big boy  :lol:

We haven't started cereal yet, so fruits and veggies may be a little ways away. I did get the whole high chair thing set up so we'll see what doc says about solids. I am looking forward to it.

Bj- 12 hours at night is awesome! Do you feed at all at night or do a dreamfeed? We do a df at about 11 p.m Jake is sleeping about 9.5- 10 hours a night so I cannot complain but 12 would be a godsend :)

I am nervous for tomorrow, I hope the shots aren't too pokey  :?
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Kayna

June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2005, 23:21:43 pm »
Wow, sounds like you got yourself a keeper BJ.  :lol:  Avery went to her 4 month last monday (so really a couple weeks premature but needed to go for her allergies) and she's my little butter ball. And when I say ball I mean it. She's only 23 3/4 inches long and 14lbs 14ozs. Broken down that comes out to be 30% for height and 75% for weight. Which just cracks me up because I'm short and a little on the round side myself. :oops:  :oops:  :lol: .
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2005, 02:44:23 am »
Nope, no more dreamfeeds. That really didnt' work for our family schedule.  She gets 2 tablespoons of cereal with bananas mixed with formula that I feed her from a spoon and then what ever bottle is left.  I think that has made all of the difference.  I try to feed her about 8pm, give bottle by 8:20, give a good burp, dry diaper, sleepy jammies, binky in the mouth for a bit of soothing, eyes close, toss her into the crib  (:lol: ) and off to la-la land she goes.  aaahhhhh....and there was peace in the kingdom!!

J-make sure you post Jake's stats. And according to Cait, the shots were VERY pokey.  I just hate my baby being jabbed.....they just don't know what to think of it.

I will be so glad when Clair gets back on line, I want to know how Red and Ruby are doing.

bj

Brandy-

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2005, 23:03:28 pm »
Hey guy's!

Well i'm back...on dial up for now, but its better than nothing!!!

Red-man is doing fine, he is growing so much, i have no stats for him as we don't get regular apts like you guys do, but i want to try to find the time to go and get him weighed soon. I can see though that he has really filled out in the last few weeks, he was long and skinny and is now long and round!! Sleep wise he is doing great, he goes down at 7pm, up for a df at 11pm and then through till 7am-8am ish - fab! The only problem is the reflux still, it is just geting worse, and feeding times are just awful, he will not latch on unless i am walking around with him (thank god he is not as big as Cait!!) and contantly comes on and off to wail in pain :( We have now been refered to the paed so will hopefully be able to get him on some meds soon. Developmentally he is not doing much yet, because of the reflux he will not lie flat and so doesn't get the chance to practise rolling. He is very into his hands and fingers, they are never out of his mouth!! Oh and the drool - it is so gross - slimy and wet all the time - yuk!

Great to hear about all your babies - thanks for asking about me BJ!!!
How did Avery go at the wedding Kayna??
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??