Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121929 times)

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2005, 01:41:35 am »
Jake weighed in at 16 pounds and 27 inches long... now he is too long for his infant carrier car seat! I can't believe how much he has grown, he was such a runt to start. Well, we are going cold turkey on the swaddle tonight, I have just had it with that thing. I am sooo afraid of what the night will bring. We have struggled the last few mornings with him getting out of it and not being able to settle between about 4-7 a.m. The only solution I can come up with is to get him used to his arms and sleeping without it. But the reason he can't sleep is because he has become unswaddled... it is a viscious circle. So I hope we can just ride it out a few nights and he'll get used to it. If not, I'm not sure what to do!!! Swaddle until he goes off to college :0

Anyone else still swaddle?

I am trying to put Jake's pictures on my messages, I can't seem to figure it out. I hope they will be up soon!
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Livingmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2005, 02:02:24 am »
hey everyone! I have been on this site for sometime now but don't think I have ever posted on this thread. My dd was born on May 31--so she seems to be more on track with the june/july babies then the april/may ones  :D

So anyway--
My dd, Zoey, had her 4 month appointment last week. She is 15 lbs. 1 oz. and 25.5". When the doctor gave the go ahead for rice cereal--I went out that day and bought the bowls and spoons  :lol: I couldn't wait! It is just fun to add something new to the routine--mix it up a little.  :wink: She has been doing great with me--my daycare lady is still trying to figure it out. Oh well.

As for swaddling, Zoey always manages to get out of the swaddle. We only swaddle her now if her hands and legs are the reason she can't get herself to sleep.  Last night though she did quite the feat--we swaddled her and put her in her crib on her sleeping wedge to help keep her on her back. In the morning she was unswaddled, had kicked the wedge to the bottom of the crib and was on her stomach--What a night!  :shock:  :lol:

Well--it has been fun reading all of your posts. Hope every one is having a great week!
Judy
Mom to Zoey (DOB 5/31/05) and Zander (DOB 7/24/07)

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2005, 02:02:44 am »
Jennifer-try a sleep sack or something similar.  They sell them at Walmart, I use them on Cait so that she stays warm at night since it is so cold in the house, and it really does make a difference.  I can definitely tell a difference between nap sleeping and night sleeping with it.  Just a suggestion.  We too are out of the carrier, but I dont' think I am going to change till this weekend.  Then for outings, I think I am going to haul the carrier with us since she isn't sitting up on her own yet.  That will make restaurant eating and grocery shopping easier, plus I wont' be violating any laws.  Sometimes, it can really suck to be married to a cop!!!   :lol:  :wink:  :roll:    And what is it with all of these June babies weighing in at 16 pounds????  The dr said Cait was in the 95th percentile for height and weight, so does that mean only 5 children out of 100 are the same as she?  I had to drop my Statistics class in college.....and 10 years later, I still don't understand it.  :roll:

Clair- yes, thank goodness you don't have to haul Cait around.  Sounds as though he is eating well despite the reflux.  I am so sorry you have to deal with that!  And Cait isnt' doing much either.  Of course, I think I am to blame for that.  We have her in a bouncy seat most of the time that we dont' have her in arms, so she doesn't get a chance TO roll over.  Guess I need to fix that.  :roll:

Kayna-where are you g/f??

Amy-green beans still going well?  I keep trying to get to w/m and pick some up, but just can't seem to find the time.  Good grief.

Went shopping for Red velvet dresses today...didnt' find any I liked.  I did however, find a Navy blue one that I am probably going to get at the Children's Place.  Still hunting for the red one.

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #288 on: October 13, 2005, 02:05:55 am »
Welcome Judy and Zoey!!!  Wow on her tummy????    I am afraid this thread needs to be renamed the "June/July 2005 BUTTERBALLS".  We got some big kids over here!!!  :lol:

Keep us posted.

bj

Brandy-

Offline Livingmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #289 on: October 13, 2005, 02:17:19 am »
Thanks for the welcome, BJ. Yes--her tummy. Her big thing right now is CONSTANTLY rolling from her back to her tummy--but not knowing how to roll back--and, of course, she hates her tummy. I keep asking her why she rolls over--but I get no answer.  :lol:

Zoey also got two teeth a few weeks ago--it was amazing to see them come so early--but I found out that I got my first two teeth when I was 13 weeks old--so I guess it just runs in the family. Amazingly--she hasn't seemed to fuss about them at all.

I can't figure out how to put a picture with my screen name--but if anyone is interested in seeing (a ton  :wink: ) of pictures we have a blog.
http://www.livingbean.blogspot.com
Judy
Mom to Zoey (DOB 5/31/05) and Zander (DOB 7/24/07)

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #290 on: October 13, 2005, 02:25:08 am »
Yes, the green beans are still the big fave over here.  He laughs and laughs.  You'd think we were giving him candy!  I tasted them....don't see what the big deal is  :wink:

We're definitely out of the infant carrier.  Had to get a new bigger carseat.  The one I registered for (and thought that I was a genius for doing so) was big enough for my husband to sit in.  It's good for 5-100 pounds.  HELLOOOOOO!  Doesn't that sound a little extreme?  Anyway, I am sure it is a fine carseat, but it didn't even fit in my Explorer!

On a side note, we took family pictures the last weekend in September and what a reality check that was!  This blubber butt went back on Weight Watchers that Monday.  I am happy to say that I am 10 lbs down!  I gained 62lbs with my pregnancy and still have 15 more to go!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #291 on: October 13, 2005, 02:35:44 am »
Well where are the pics, you goose???????

I posted some of Cait and Ry over in the gallery.  Needing to get her dress bought and and outfit for Ryan before we get our family pics done.  I am going ultra multi-tasking.  It will be family photos/Ryan's 4 year pics/ and Christmas pics ALL at the same time!!  LOL.  I am SO short on time and SO long on things to do........(sigh)

bj

Brandy-

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #292 on: October 13, 2005, 02:39:04 am »
I don't know how to post them on a gallery.....
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #293 on: October 13, 2005, 14:56:11 pm »
Hi everyone, it's been so much fun with all the new posts and Clair I'm so glad you're back. I was just about to PM you when I saw another post about the move. Hope you're settling in nicely. Can't be easy with a baby and toddler. :wink:

Avery has actually been having some tests run this week. We know that she is allergic to dairy and I cut that out of my diet over 2 months ago but she continues to have blood in her stool. I cut out soy as well but wasn't sure if there was much of a difference. Anyway, her ped. has run several different tests and all have come up negative (thank God). I have been keeping a log of her poops (how fun does that sound  :roll: ) and it's been over a week now since her last bloody stool. :) Unfortunately if she does have another one we need to go to Rochester (another city with a ped. GI) to have more testing (aka: camera in her bowels to look at her intestines to make sure they are developing correctly).  :cry:

It may sound bad but myself and her ped. are very optimistic since she is growing beautifully and her disposition is unbelievable. I did try going back on the soy but within a week she was getting fussy and spitting up more so back off we went and she's back to her happy self. :lol:

Needless to say with all her "complications" I'm continuing to wait on the solids but she is starting to pay a little bit of attention to us when we eat. :D

I'm picking up new portraits of the kids today and hopefully I can get the scanner to work and will post them. I can't believe how fast our little May/June/July babies are growing.

Keep us updated I love them and I'll let you know how the "poop" :lol:  :lol:  8)  8) is on this end. :wink:

PS: Clair, the wedding went well, thank you for asking. Avery took her bottles really well but was glad to have her "breastfriends back." The kids stayed the night at my parents and though dh and I had a blast it was so nice getting back to the kids and our "real" life. Funny how time away from the kids only makes you wanna get back to them. :oops:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #294 on: October 13, 2005, 15:01:14 pm »
Well, we went cold turkey on the swaddle last night and to my surprise we had a pretty usual night. It did take him longer to settle at bedtime,  his hands kept pulling the pacifier out which he usually uses when he goes down.He slept straight through until 5 a.m with a few more cries during the night, but not enough for us to respond.  But then morning rolled around and we were in the same boat. Couldn't settle with his arms out, I think he is a light sleeper in the wee hours of morning! I patted him for an hour and watched him fall asleep many times only to wake up due to his hands rubbing his face. Finally at 6 am I checked for wetness and he was soaked. So I figured I had nothing to lose, he was already awake and upset, I changed pj's and diaper and swaddled him. He looked exhausted and I figured if I could give him just a little peaceful sleap.... He was still sleeping at 7:30 a.m. I feel bad that I caved in but I do feel like we made a huge step last night. I don't want to have to swaddle him every morning but maybe it will take him awhile to get used to his hands during light sleep.

I was too afraid to do it for his nap this morning, he is going to babysitter's later and I don't want him to be cranky and tired. We'll just do it in baby steps! I did put him in a blanket sleeper and wrapped a light blanket around his legs, a half of a swaddle! We'll keep trying! Maybe when he starts to roll over more like Zoey we can throw the swaddle away and he'll be a tummy sleeper :)

Jake rolled over this morning!!!! Just once from tummy to back, his first time! I was pretty excited but he just looked at me like what is the big deal... I hope he does it again!

I bet Zoey looks pretty cute with two little teeth, it will be so weird when they come. It's great they didn't bother her much, I hope our babies are just as lucky :)

Bj- I think your right on the statistics... but I think the babies on this thread are proving it wrong!! We all seem to have big, long babies  :P

Doc gave the okay to start solids, I am a little nervous. Not sure how to go about doing it (when, amount, how often). Anyone know of a good website or book with information on how to inroduce solids?
Jennifer

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #295 on: October 13, 2005, 15:06:57 pm »
So glad to hear everyone is doing good......as you may have read in some other posts it has been a busy week of firsts for us here!
First bath in big tub without baby tub, we used a little seat thought on Sunday night
First snowfall for Caeden on Monday
Four month birthday and First tooth on Tuesday
Went to sleep on his own (I didn't hold him or sit with him or pat him or anything) for the first time on Wednesday (and has continued today!)

We are still battling teething issues though - nights have been rough. Not sure if the teeth are sore or if we ought to move to a 4 hour schedule (both can cause what we are going through!) He has been up 2-4 times every night all week. Needless to say - I am so tired! Thankfully - DH has had a slow week and been home later into the mornings, so I have gotten an extra hour a couple times. Amazing what an hour of sleep will do!

Our 4 mo checkup is next Mon so we will let you know how big he has gotten..... I cannot believe how big the babies are!

Have a good week!

BTW - whoever asked... we are still swaddling, don't know who else is.... but he sleeps better and isn't too complaning of it - fusses a little but knows it is bedtime when I do it!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2005, 15:09:44 pm »
Kayna- sorry to hear about Avery's problems, hopefully nothing will show up in the diaper besides poop and there will be no more tests! It's scary when something is going on and we don't know why and it is out of our control. You'll both be in be in my prayers, hang in there :)
Jennifer

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #297 on: October 13, 2005, 15:47:20 pm »
Thanks Jennifer. We believe in the power of prayer pretty strongly.

I was wondering about swaddling. Avery still gets swaddled as well. I do leave her right hand out so she can suck but the rest is snug as a bug. I worry about having to wean her but it works so good right now.  I just swaddle her up for naps and bedtime and she knows it's sleep time and off she goes to dreamland. Not sure that I'm ready to leave that "safe place" yet. :wink:  :roll:  :oops:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #298 on: October 13, 2005, 16:41:35 pm »
I hear you Kayna...... I am not ready to try without swaddling yet either. For one, every other time I have tried it has not gone well and two, it is getting colder at night here, and sometimes days too and this keeps his little hands under covers and warm. So, I think I will keep swaddling him as well. I figure if that is the only "prop", he will get rid of it eventually and until thne its really not a big deal!

Hope all Avery's tests come back okay and they find out what is bothering her. She'll be in our prayers as well!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #299 on: October 13, 2005, 17:57:37 pm »
It's good to hear that others are still swaddling, I don't want to give it up either. He sleeps so much better with it. But I can't seem to get him to stay in it in the morning hours. Throughout the night he works himself out and then can't sleep without it  :( He even has a special swaddle blanket but it eventually gets loose. So, he either needs to get used to the arms or stay in his swaddle  :? There seems to be no solution at the moment!

Ya for Caeden's first tooth! Hopefully the teething pain will lighten up. And the first snowfall is exciting! Do you live near Denver, Colorado? I heard they were getting quite a bit of snow. Won't be long now in my neck of the woods.

I am off to work  :( I only work a few evenings a week but I sure hate when it is time to go. Have a good day everyone!
Jennifer