Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121982 times)

Offline Joey'sMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #315 on: October 14, 2005, 16:33:53 pm »
Joey is probably 10 feet away.  Our door is open, his is pulled to, but not closed.  I used a monitor in the very beginning, but because he was so close I think he heard himself on it and woke up even more!!

Just an update if anyone's interested, Joey laughed yesterday for the first time.  I never felt my heart explode like that.  :D
Mary Pat

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2005, 16:44:10 pm »
We moved Caeden into his room after my MIL left after he ws born - about 6 weeks old. He was in a co-sleeper in our bed up to that point. He was in his cradle in his room until last week when he moved to the crib mattress. Yeas - just the mattress....no crib yet.... DH says he is going to build one..... (AHHH - I hope it is soon - I am running out of patience - but that's another topic!)

Anyway - he is about 10-15 feet away in the room across the hall, I leave both doors open, no moniters. I hear about everything I think :wink:
Sometimes we will close his door if we get up before he does - that's pretty rare though!

Once he is in a crib I will probably try closing the door in the evenings anyway - I like to be able to see him at this point sleeping! I too am a little paranoid of SIDS! So - I often go in a just watch him sleep and check on him. Even in the middle of the night when I wake and he isn't up!  :wink:
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #317 on: October 14, 2005, 16:44:46 pm »
Oh - Adria - Welcome!
I am in Colorado too - what part are you in? PM if you want!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline babesx2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #318 on: October 14, 2005, 17:25:28 pm »
our boys are about 2 feet away from us still in our room and still baskets,though not for much longer,their room is down the hall from ours so wen they eventually go in there (which im findin harder and harder to do) i will use amonitor wont close our door mite have to close theres just till cats get used to not goin in there.

but b4 all that we ahve to get a cot sorted we only have 1 and that got no matteress lol

sarah x

ps bj been talkin to me mum today and she thinks same about baby rice,and your rite if it dont work dont have to carry on,reasurance is a good thing thanx xx

Offline Critter

• Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #319 on: October 14, 2005, 18:57:28 pm »
Wow, I have some catching up to do, and I know that I won't be able to answer everyone...

As for all of you, the best thing that we have found for protecting Luke's chin with the drool is AQUAPHOR!  We put a thin layer on everytime we think about it.

Luke was born at 5:57pm on Friday, June 10 by c-section after being in the hospital with doctors trying to induce me since Tuesday the 7th :shock:

I'm with BJ - if you think the cereal will help your babies, try it.  There's no rule that says you can't try it again later if it doesn't work, but if it does work, you'll be sooooooooo glad you tried!

I have been wondering about the noise thing too.  We have Luke's monitor in his room and the "out-put" end is in our bathroom.  We have a sequestered master, so we can't hear him without it!  Only problem is that I hear EVERYTHING.  Any suggestions?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #320 on: October 14, 2005, 19:24:33 pm »
Oh yeah, by the way, I still get tears in my eyes everytime Luke laughs.  DH is growing a beard and the other day, we got BIIIIG belly laughs when he rubbed Luke's foot on his chin!  At least one of us likes his beard.  I hate the thing, but if it'll get laughs like that, we're keepin' it!

Naps.....these vary sometimes b/c he is at daycare and all the cryin' babies distract him a times, but most days Luke will take about a two hour nap in the morning and about a two or sometimes THREE  :shock: hour nap in the afternoon and usually a little cat nap around 4 or 5. 

This is what is so odd.  Luke eats every 4 hours, but no matter WHAT time he has his afternoon bottle, whether it be 2, 3, or 4, he still wants his bottle at 6:00pm without fail.  You can almost set your watch by it! How odd is that?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2005, 00:34:21 am »
Jency was sleeping in the play pen right next to the bed.  Thursday night we moved him to his own room.  It is also the guest room (and 10x10 room, very crowded right now).  So my mom came and slept in there with him for 3 nights.  Tonight is his first night alone but he has been taking his naps there too.  He didn't seem to have any trouble with the transition.  He actually doing better...I think.  There is a Jack n' Jill bathroom between the bedrooms.
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2005, 01:40:45 am »
Just popping to say that both weekend days, Cait woke up 45 minutes after putting her down for nap and both days I picked her up, stuck the binky back in and held her for a few minutes and she went back to sleep.  Now today, she did that but when I put her in the crib, I was less than graceful about it and jarred her awake.  :roll:   At this point, I just really wanted her to go back to sleep.  She fussed for maybe 2-3 minutes and gave a pitiful cry.  I ignored her (was watching the Astro's :oops: ) and the next thing I knew.....she was asleep. 
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just thought I would share.  Now I need to get Dh on the same page so I break this habit she has.  Progress, ladies, progress being made. :D

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2005, 02:05:01 am »
I can't get past Luke needing the paci to go to sleep.  This whole weekend it has been such a struggle to get him to go down b/c he wants his paci, but he needs to chew on his hand, too.   OH THE DROOL!!!!!!!

Friday and Saturday night he woke up at three am screaming his brains out and we had to feed him to get him to go back down.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2005, 11:54:46 am »
Yes, Cait too has her binky and then procedes to knock it out with her fist and then gets all ed off because she can't get it back in.  Well you goose, don't take it out to begin with!!!!! aaarrhhhhh!!!!!

So what is your theory on the whole 3 am thing, Amy?  Cait started to get real restless at 5 am, woke me up.  I had to get up at 5:30 for work anyway, so not to much of a hardship, but I was wondering how I was going to get her to settle down.  Luckily, she never woke up.  Hopefully she is still asleep for dh.

bj

Brandy-

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #325 on: October 17, 2005, 16:12:59 pm »
Oh tell me what is wrong with this boy!!!!!
He has been up every 2 hours every night for the last week!!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
At first I thought it was his teeth and just figured it would get better.... now I am thinking I need to do something, but I am not sure what.......

AHHHH - I am so tired!
Okay - more later - we are on our way out the door for the day, Caeden has his dr's appt and we are going to see my mom too. Maybe all the moving around will keep me awake!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #326 on: October 17, 2005, 17:20:32 pm »
Jennifer,
That is what Luke was doing before we started him on Cereal.  Made a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference.

BJ,
We are going to try adding one ounce to each bottle to see if that helps.  He woke up at 4 this morning and only needed his paci.  Hopefully everything will work out with just getting more food.

The little dude's eye has been swollen for two weeks.  I know that it is allergy related, but it won't go away.  The pedi just told me to do a warm we compress 6-8 times a day.  We've been doing that and it isn't getting any better, so we're getting some eyedrops.  Hopefully that will fix it.  His little eye seems to give us problems a lot.  Anyone else dealing with eye goop?

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2005, 17:24:00 pm »
We did for about the first 8 weeks of Cait's life.....nasty stuff.  Our dr said it was a clogged tear duct and that she would grow out of it.  Sure enough it went away.  Does it happen while he is asleep and then through out the day?  Kinda of a greenish/yellow color?  Heavier in the corner of his eye?  That is what our problem was. 

bj

Brandy-

Offline Joey'sMom

• Showing Appreciation 27
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #328 on: October 17, 2005, 18:20:22 pm »
We had eye goop for about the first two months.  Our dr. said to massage VERY lightly from the inner corner out with clean hands, and NEVER transfer goop from one eye to the other in case of infection.

About the cereal, I kind of missed that conversation, but I've had Joey on it for almost 2 months.  My drs. are totally on board with it, and it makes a huge difference for Joey, esp. with his reflux.

AND, a lot of posts on this site made me feel SUPER bad about giving him cereal (I also give him a dab of fruit with it), like I was condemning him to a life of constipation and malnutrition (no one actually said that, but there were some definite ANTI posts), so I cut back on it.  Joey's reflux and naps got so out of whack, he was up all night, and spitting up constantly.  Now we're back to our regular "doses" and he's doing great!
Mary Pat

Offline ry,cait&alex

• The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #329 on: October 17, 2005, 18:35:52 pm »
Don't ever let anyone here make you feel bad because of how you are raising your child. No one else is living with your dc day in/day out.  You are making the best decisions you can with your child, and if you didnt' feel as though it were not the right choice, you wouldnt' do it to begin with.  I started Cait at 14 weeks on cereal, and haven't looked back and I dare anyone to *imply* that I have made a bad decision.  I believe I have said once before here, but may have deleted it-----ALL children are not made the same, and no book, dr, expert or God can tell you that every child needs to be treated the same way at the same time.  Every one of them develop at their own speed.  That is what makes them unique and special.           Ahem..... :oops: sorry....I will step off my soapbox now. :roll:

You are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bj

Brandy-