Author Topic: June/ July 05 Mom's Chat  (Read 121940 times)

Offline babesx2

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2005, 18:42:42 pm »
hi all

just thought id let ya no the No2 formaular seems to b workin  :lol: (touch wood) his naps are longer and he isnt screaming as soon as he wakes.hes still bit cranky but think thats just him and wind (he does suffer poor little mite)

Joey's mum are u in UK,i no wot u mean about anti cereal post etc our clinic hv and docs are so dead against givin then anythin but milk b4 6months  :? yet if we had ahd our babys last year 3-4months would have been just fine !!!!!!

sarah n boys  xx

ps we also have the goopy eyes thing,but it doesnt last long we just bath it with cooled boiled water (sounds like luke's bit more than ours was) doc said it woas blocked tear duct as well

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2005, 19:26:00 pm »
I don't know about the clogged tear duct thing, but that's what I am supposing it is.  He seems concerned enough to prescribe eye drops.  I do know that he had something for about 6 weeks after he was born that we gave antibiotic eye drops 3x per day for.  Doc didn't say that it was a clogged duct, but a possible infection, and he wants to see him at the end of the week if it is not better.  I really think that this is allergy related b/c the poor little dude is so congested all the time.  It makes me sad that the little dude can't breath right!  It's all in his head, though.  He is not wheezing, he just snorts all the time....my sweet little pigglet! :roll:  :lol:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2005, 19:28:20 pm »
POOR LUKE!!!!

BJ

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2005, 20:25:04 pm »
Wow ladies - lots of chatting - i have a lot to respond to!!!!

Eye goop - Red developed this within a day of being born, we bathed is 4 x perday with cooled boiled water and it would not go so we got a course of eye drops that shifted it in 3 days! It is back again now, but not so bad, i am bathing it with cooled boiled water with a bit of salt in it and it is working a treat. The trick to bathing it is this: only wipe the same piece of cotton wool over the eye once - wipe from inner eye to outer eye then dump it, repeat as neccassary until gunk is gone.

Oh bugger - dinner is ready - will come back later and say more!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2005, 21:33:13 pm »
Okay I have no clue about the eye goobers we never had this problem.

But here is one for you all.

About the end of the week and Mon./Tues.ish Jency is due to have a dirty diaper.  About this time he gets REALLY GASSY (and it stinks) and can't sleep because of it.  He is a tummy sleeper and the reason is because when he was little and had gas all the time it helped to lay him on his tummy.  Now it seems that it hinders him but we can't put him on his back because he won't sleep he thinks it's play time.  When he gets to the 45min mark (or at night the 1.5 hour mark) he will go back to sleep easy if he doesn't have gas.  But with the gas he wakes up crying until you pick him up and help him get it out.  We use Mylicon after meals and before bed but it doesn't seem to help.  Any suggestions?
Thanks
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2005, 22:55:24 pm »
Adria - how about some baby massage - that might help him to pass some of the gas.

I just wanted to say something about the whole solids debate. I agree that you should do what you feel is right for your baby and your family. I started Ruby on solids at 17 weeks, but have not intention of starting Red until 6 months, that said, if he shows signs of readiness before then, we will re-assess. The one thing i get so heated about is when the cereal gets put in the bottle - this is so so dangerous. It is just because i nursed a 6 month old who was left severely mentally retarded because he choked on cereal in a bottle. Makes me upset to think of him even now.

We are having a lot of feeding problems here, very very fussy. I am struggling to get even a small feed in him at the moment. I have to stand and walk with him as this is the only way he'll feed! Jennifer - what is Caeden doing feed wise now? I tried Red on 3.5 hourly rather than the 2.5-3 hourly he has always been on, and he went from sleeping through to waking for a night feed, so he still obviously needs the extra cals he gets from the extra feed on 2.5-3 hourly.

Daytime sleep wise he is doing great! Given the chance he will take 2 hour naps, but often we have to be places and i have to wake him up  :(  poor guy does so well!

Hope you're all ok x x
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2005, 23:34:17 pm »
OK, here's one for ya...

Today I am finally to the point where I am thinking, "This working thing isn't so bad.  I like my students, I like my school, I LOVE Luke's daycare because I know they are lovin' all over him!!"  Then on the intercom comes, "Mrs. Stoker, can you take a phone call?"  I'm exasperated b/c I think it is a parent and I am in the middle of class, so why couldn't they take a message??  That's what they always do, but then I say "Who is it?"  They say "It's your son's daycare."  I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.  I get on the phone and the director of the daycare says "Luke is not keeping anything down.  He had taken about 3 ounces of his bottle and with the bottle still in his mouth lost all of it.  We changed his clothes and the caregiver had to change hers as well.  They started again and again he threw everything up.  He's not his usual happy self and is very upset.  I'm going to leave it up to you as to whether or not you want to come get him, but he's not keeping anything down."  WELL DUH!!!!!  What do you think I did?  Maybe I am a little overly cautious, but wouldn't you have gone and picked up your kiddo, too?  He's not running fever is in a pretty decent mood this evening, but he still can't keep anything down.  Whatever he gets comes right back up.  So, we are sipping 2 oz at a time every hour and a half or so.  I think it's gonna be a long night, girls :shock:
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2005, 01:30:02 am »
Oh Amy!!!!  What a nightmare!!!!  Yes, I would have gone to him in an instant.  Ryan will be 4 next month and we do a "drop in" daycare from time to time, and on those days, My boss knows NOT to question me if I get a call and go flying out of the office.  So 4 months or 4 years....it doesn't matter, you fly like the wind.

So what do you think the deal is?  Just a tummy bug?  Are the kids too young for pedialyte?  We have never had cause to use it, so I don't know what the age limits are.  Keep us posted on his condition!

Clair-Just wanted to let you know that we do not do cereal out of a bottle.  We definitely do it off a spoon!!  My theory is....if you are going to start introducing "food" then introduce it the way it will be eaten for the rest of her life.  :roll:   Of course, I have been accused of being weird  :roll:  :wink:   And loved the pics of your get together with the other UK moms.  Looks like such fun.  Where did ya'll meet?  Looks like a neat place!!

Oh, and is anyone else in size 3 diapers???  My poor huge child.... :lol:

bj

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline ~Jency's*Momma~

• ~Adria
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 33
    • WAHM
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2005, 01:42:14 am »
Rooby-Rooby-Roo:  Jency went through the same thing just awhile back.  I finally just gave in and fed him until he decided he was done.  To my surprise when I started doing that he still went 3 hours with no problem.  He actually will even go 3.5 hours some times.  He eats for 10-12 min exactly.  If he takes 8 min on the first side he will only do 3 on the other or if he does 5 on the first he will only due 5 on the second.  And he will NOT do one side alone he thinks he MUST have both sides.
My Ped. said that they can get everything that they really need in the first 5 minutes so I guess he is doing fine.  Just go how ever long he wants to go and see what happens.

Amy:  I would have gone!!  Try pedialite.  It will replenish him.  It is safe to use.  We had to use it at 10 days.  But it will not keep them satisifed very long.  Kinda like water.  You may have to give it to hime ever hour or so.

bj&ry:  We are only in size 2.  Sorry.

Oh and Jency went to bed late 3 nights a week or two ago and actually slept better so I'm not sure what was up with last night, up EVERY HOUR!! Last week he would only wake at 11:30 for his pacifier and then 1:00 to eat and then 2/3 for a cry and paci, and then 5:00 to eat and then up at 7/8.  We were trying to work through the 11:30 and 2/3.  Then last night he was up every hour!!!!!!!!!
  And last week he was doing so good with his naps.  He would go 45min and then I would help him put himself to sleep.  yesturday afternoon he even didn't need me and put himself to sleep but yesturday morning and all day today he would wake at the 45min and then be ready to get up and would cry and cry if I tried to get him to go back to sleep.  I finally put him in the swing for a nap and he slept 2.5 hours.  But it seems like after he sleeps a long time in the swing he has really bad gas and is REALLY fussy.  I wish he would just sleep in his crib!!!
~Adria, wife to Paul 9/7/02
Momma to Jency 6/30/05 & Tesher 12/31/08

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2005, 01:51:09 am »
We are in size 3 BJ but only because I ran out of two's and had some three's handy.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

PS: posted some pix of my kiddos in the photo gallery.  :wink:  Can't believe how time flies.  :roll:
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2005, 16:27:52 pm »
We did give half-strength formula made with pedialyte instead of water.  He got two ounces about everyhour and a half if he was awake.  The little dude slept all afternoon and all night!  I was so worried that we would be up all night long, but he's a champ :-)  He's back to his old self today.  In fact, I called day care and they said he was acting hungry, so I told them that they could give him a little cereal if he would take it.  I think it was just a little 24 hour bug.  Many of my students have been out with it.  I will NEVER get a stomach bug, but I always bring it home to my hubby, so I guess Luke got it.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline CaedensMama

• Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2005, 15:07:01 pm »
Hi guys! I feel like I have been out of the loop.... we went away for the weekend to see my grandma - had a blast, grandma loved seeing Caeden and he was great for her.

Amy - How did Luke do today? Feeling better now?

Clair - Caeden was getting pretty consistent at 3 hour apart feeds - finally and then he started getting up ALOT at night, not sure if it was teething or ready for 4 hour EASY, so I tried moving him to 4 hour apart feeds and he does okay sometimes, but was still getting up ALOT at night - naps have stayed okay thru-out. SO - I think I am going to go back to 3-3 1/2 hr feeds and try and get nights better before going any longer between feeds. He can go 3 hours easy, but 4 hours is a push when I am the only one around him. When he is with others or we are in the car or something, he does better. At this point I would rather stay on 3 hour feeds and have him sleeping at night!  He only goes 1 1/2 to maybe 2 hours between naps, so we still have A both sides of E every now and then. But he is getting better at naps too. We may be getting close to going to the 2 long naps and a catnap. We'll see!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #342 on: October 20, 2005, 15:16:58 pm »
For some reason it wasn't showing me the past posts so I couldn't remember everything I wanted to respond too......

Clair - I have noticed if I feed Caeden earlier then about 2 1/2 or 3 hours apart he does not eat well at all. Sometimes its a push, but he really eats much better 3 or more hours apart. Maybe Red is ready to be pushed a little further? I know it is hard to do cause the "food" is sitting right there in front of him :wink: I often try to let Caeden play on his own just before feeds cause he can push a little further if I am not holding him!

We are still in size one diaper......... I didn't think he was that small, but he seems to have a "slim" waist. They still fit just fine and don't leak often, so I will keep using them till he can't wear them! I may get the size 1-2 when I get the next batch. Anyone else still in size one?
 :D  :D  :D

I have not introduced solids yet....... am I the only one?  I have been thinking about it, but really wanted to wait till closer to 6 months. And we are going to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and it would be easier to wait till after we came home. I am afraid I will get too much "help" on what he should be eating and "help feeding" from the niece and nephews..... it would be easier if he just was BF till we came home. So I think I will wait - unless I cannot get the night waking under control in the next week or so - then maybe I will try it! :wink:  :wink:

How long do you cluster feed in the evening or dream feed?
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2005, 15:20:00 pm »
Oh - I forgot!

Caeden's 4 month dr visit went well -
He is 13 pounds, 10 ounces and 25 1/8" long.
He had another set of shots and did okay, had a fever on Tues of 100.8 but it went down with Tylonel and a good nap!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
June/ July 05 Mom's Chat
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2005, 15:26:49 pm »
Hi all - hope you dont mind me jumping in ....

Ive been posting on the site for a few weeks and have plucked up the courage to say hi here... Here's some general background info about my DS...

William was born on July 18th 2005 making him 3 months old.. he was 17lb 10oz this week when the health visitor came - but she assures me he isnt fat hes just very tall for his age and therefore fairly heavy. I'm not sure if nappy sizes here are the same as in the US but Ive had to put him in size 4 pampers this week!! He's also just fitting into 3-6 month clothes and if he continues how he's going he will be in 6-9 month clothes at 4 months!
He has about 6 oz of milk (sometimes eight) about 3.5 hourly and wakes acouple of times in the night.. The HV says not to introduce any solids yet but it may have to happen if his milk stops satisfying him - which it seems to be at the moment.

Well thats him - I hope that I can join in more with your conversations and get to know you all a bit better in time - it's great to have other mommies with babies the same age as mine as a point of reference - even though I realise how huge William is!!

Helen xxx